View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Laying LSD help

ros18167

Greenlighter
Will this work for laying a sheet of lsd in a crude manner?
Step A. Take 10mg crystal lsd and mix with 6ml of 95% alcohol.

Step B. Draw up 1.5 ml in a syringe and drop onto 100 squares (ie a sheet of 1/4 inch tabs) then leave to dry for 30 mins .[From weighing the blotter paper before and after saturating with 95% alcohol it doesnt seem to be able to hold more than 1.5ml so this is the amount I am going to use for each soaking]

Repeat step B 3 more times
Will this give me roughly 100mics of acid per square?

Lucky bastard you can actually buy grain alcohol. Shit is straight up illegal in my state.
Bout to buy some 2m2b to do some extractions! Or drive to the next legal state.... Bullshit.

Of course professionally it is done by laying, or even microarraying and I once heard of a type of misting (although seems lossy as hell), but point is: unless you can do at least a little stack of compressed layers of paper at once, the thickness (or rather thinness) can make the process very impractical.

It also depends on the quality and absorbancy of your paper. Not only does it determine how much it can contain (nice and thick/porous making it fluffy), but also how well liquid blots in it without pooling. It is extremely important how well the paper responds if you apply the liquid because the process of absorbing is never perfect. The less perfect it is, the more messed up the result gets from the simple fact that that your 'syringe' or container or whathaveyou applies the liquid from one point which then has to spread in the paper rather than on it. Not every paper, not even every blotter paper is up to it to fit the nooks and crannies properly without the messiness of leaving parts open and other parts soggy. As said you minimize this by stacking, creating extra dimension for blotting.

I've done the pipetting more easily, which conversely is appropriate for single layer application, in my case with a GC/MS micropipet. Yes this is also imperfect, not that professional, but IME it had advantages. Depends much less on the paper, your skill and the luck to get the blot even, but just on finesse with the pipet. And the error margin is much more spread as you dose each hit, and especially when you do a few iterations.

Realize that both techniques can be practised with colored solvent, compared even.. before you feel confident to proceed, so I personally would not gamble on it but try. (And curious as I was I did though not with LSD).

Years before that, I'm not sure if it was because at the time I lacked ethanol for volumetric measurement if the phenazepam that became a thing (maybe bad reason since there is always vodka but not sure if it would work), I used a less micro pipet - but a syringe, stacked joint rolling papers on which I dropped a solution and a whole lot of patience as my first even more amateur blotters - although those were dropped separately and eventually put into capsules so there is no bleeding into neighboring squares. I liked to experiment anyway those days, techniques pretty much worked out well.

Last edited:
What about if I used a fixed volume pippette and dropped 0.005ml or 5ul of solution onto each square? It wouldnt be too timeconsuming as im only doing 100 squares

A potential problem with this is that the 5ul wouldnt be enough to fully saturate the square? so it would get the dose on there with accuracy but the square couldnt be halved to have a half dose for instance. Are there any other problems with this intended plan? Would the dose still last for a good 6 months to years if kept properly?

I will try with coloured solvent

Would stacking be appropriate if I only wanted to lay 100 squares? - wouldnt the chemical from the top layer be lost to the underlying layers?

You'll get a more even distribution if you use 60 ml of ethanol, split your 100 blotter sheet to 4 25 blotter pieces, stack the 4 pieces of blotters, apply 1.5ml on the top piece, put the top piece to the bottom and rotate it by 90°, and repeat the process until you are done. You'll probably have to take a few breaks since to let some of the ethanol evaporate. It'll take more time but will average out any cold/hot spots so you'll get evenly dosed blotters.

You'll get a more even distribution if you use 60 ml of ethanol

Can I confirm is that 60ml or 6.0ml? - if it's 60 ml then thats 40 applications of 1.5ml in total?

If that's what it takes to get it done I guess...

60 seems like a typo / ridiculously too much, and it is irrelevant anyway. You should use the volume that corresponds to the absorbency of the paper. This you first test by checking how much solvent the blotter can absorb.

No it's not a typo, it's to insure that any hotspots/coldspots average out. It's not optimal time wise and solvent use wise but will give you more even doses. Feel free to reduce it, but the lower you go the more careful you need to be while squirting the liquid on the paper. Ideally you'd have something like an inkjet printer which could apply extremely accurate doses in one pass using tiny amounts of solvent, but unless you are making tens of thousands of blotters it'll never be worth it financially.

Ive been reading that its not really viable getting liquid lsd and redistributing it too blotters, is this true?

Like from what i can gather you need to start with crystals because of its potency. Apparently the losses would be too large putting liccy onto tabs.

There is not really any loss when making liquid from crystal, you just add some alcoholic solvent and it dissolves - so that's not it.

That redistributing to blotter is not really viable for a layman to do at home is what I tried to argue. Maybe if you do 10-20 repeats of dilute liquid you eventually even out your errors but it is clearly a painstaking process. And if you don't stack your blotter it's that much more messy and lossy.

In short: I wouldn't recommend it.

(By the way the 'inkjet printer' idea is indeed what microarray is - normally meant for wells in biochemistry)

Dissolve 1 gram in 250-300ml Everclear for 3ml 100ugx10,000 drops of small standard 1 dram (4ml) dropper vials.

So for 200mg dissolve it in 60ml Vodka/Everclear to make 20 x 3mL vials in 1 dram bottles = 20 x 100 hit@ 100ug

500mg dissolve in 150mL vodka/ 2.5-3 mL per 1 dram vial ~90-105~ drops @ 100mic

Realize that both techniques can be practised with colored solvent, compared even.. before you feel confident to proceed, so I personally would not gamble on it but try. (And curious as I was I did though not with LSD).

Why not use colored solvent when laying the blotter?
Would the colorant be a bad thing?

You'll get a more even distribution if you use 60 ml of ethanol, split your 100 blotter sheet to 4 25 blotter pieces, stack the 4 pieces of blotters, apply 1.5ml on the top piece, put the top piece to the bottom and rotate it by 90°, and repeat the process until you are done. You'll probably have to take a few breaks since to let some of the ethanol evaporate. It'll take more time but will average out any cold/hot spots so you'll get evenly dosed blotters.
You obviously don't have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about. OP, don't listen to this kid.

You need about 1ML of solvent per sheet. If you're just trying to lay a sheet, get a 10ul micropipette and 10ul micropipette tips to go with it.

But honestly, if it's just one sheet, just buy a sheet instead. It's not worth risking fucking up laying it when you could just buy the blotter instead.