View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Basic questions.

epic11

Bluelighter
Was having a hard time finding a definitive answer in the big and dandy threads. So may I have a bit of assistance with a summary?

1. Tolerance. How long should one wait between dosing LSD for optimum effect and harm reduction?

2. Storage. Ive pretty much gathered that it must be in a dark cool place in tinfoil away from moisture? Can someone confirm?

3. Cross tolerance to other drugs. Recently 2c-b has been used, is there a cross tolerance? They seem to play on the same receptors in different ways. Should I wait longer before lsd? Cross between shrooms, mdma?

These are the basics i tend to like to know when studying a new substance.

1. the consensus is two weeks for a full tolerance reset. It's not a big deal if it's only a week though, I find the tolerance still isn't that bad after 7 days.

2. yes, you're research is accurate for that. Below 80 degrees F, in the dark, away from moisture and air circulation.

3. yes, there will likely be cross tolerance between LSD and 2C-B, and most definitely with shrooms. MDMA not so much.

When it comes down to it, taking psychs too often can turn on you quickly if you're not careful. I wouldn't recommend more than weekly dosing, but I do know people who have dosed acid daily for months and been... well, not fine, but they're still alive and eating acid lol. Only you know your limits. If you feel that your frequency of use is harming your mental health, take a break and a step back. It's that simple.

Have fun!

1. Depends on dosage, but if it's only 100 ug 10 days should be more than sufficient. At about 500 probably 15ish days, but I don't know for sure. Just a little longer than a week is a good guideline.

2. Moisture and heat are big no-nos, to extend the life of it put it in a sealed Mason jar in the freezer.

3. I don't believe there's any real cross tolerances. Need a second opinion.

Regarding cross tolerance- yes, there's definitely cross tolerance, but IME it's like LSD tolerance in the sense that short term tolerance can spike fast, but there's little to no long term tolerance. So if you wait a week between taking various psychedelics, it should be minimized.

I don't mean to thread-jack but I hear so many different answers for which temperature LSD should be stored at (like in this thread, under 80f vs freezing). I don't keep mine in the freezer and it was always fine for a few weeks, but for longer term storage, should I be keeping it in the fridge/freezer? I've been keeping a few tabs in a cool, dry, sealed off spot but nowhere near freezing for ~5 months now, will it still be good?

I've been keeping a few tabs in a cool, dry, sealed off spot but nowhere near freezing for ~5 months now, will it still be good?
Yes, it'll be fine. Freezer it's always best option for long term. If you got access to it use it.
Anyway away from air, heat, light and humidity it will last a long way.

I can confirm the 2 week reset period. I recently dropped a hit with the same amount of Cid I had dropped 4 days previously. The first time was intense with wild fractals and OEVs while the second time 4 days later didn't have any visuals or internal feelings whatsoever other than increased heart rate and a mild body high (could have been from the bud though)? Definitely worth it to wait

2 weeks minimum for sure as stated. I've found I've been able to store it pretty much anywhere without losing potency, even in fairly warm and humid conditions it seems to last. Doesn't really seem to be cross tolerant with anything specifically as far as I've noticed.

If you keep them 100% airtight, dark, and dry and store them in the freezer you can eat them 40 years later and they're still going to be just as potent as the day you stored them.

I've been researching this topic multiple times and read a few articles where people stored 70's acid and they're still fine to this day.

^ my fathers friend(im been serious) recently pulled 50 superman tabs which were supposedly really good out of a box he bought at a garage sale.

My dad says they could be 20-30 years old or something.
It was apparently just inside foil, inside 2 bags, inside the box, in a dark garage for most of its life.

Apparently my dads friend has been tripping off them too, i dont know if they are degraded but would be sick finding 50 tabs in a box.