• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ephedra!! general discussion

Sevrin13

Greenlighter
Hi folks!

I wanna wind down my MD use, and I have dabbled once or twice with the herb ephedra. Ephedra, a natural stimulant, was the original main component in herbal extacy, which was sold legally in Australia, but is now a banned substance. A few questions:

- What is the best way to administer ephedra as herbal extacy?
- What other herbs can be mixed with epehdra?
- Can you use alcohol with ephedra?
- Can you use other drugs with ephedra?

Cheers!

Welcome to Bluelight.

Ephedrine/ephedra is not at all similar to MDMA in its effects. It's best described as a slightly stronger version of caffeine, and it is a mild stimulant in low doses and only makes you feel unpleasantly jittery if you take a larger dose. Drinking alcohol with large ephedrine doses can strain your heart too much if you have any genetic tendency to get arrythmias, and is not recommended.

Best result I got from it was brewing it into a tea and chewing the remaining plant material. I had mushrooms later and that seemed to go alright. Cannabis also mixed quite nicely. Another time I had a few drinks after having some and got the worst hangover, so I wouldn't do that again.

To be honest, I love ephedrine. But I find it works as a substitute for caffeine. Definitely not MDMA.
Meaning, I use it at work instead of caffeine. (I do have ADD so it really helps me :p )

- What is the best way to administer ephedra as herbal extacy?
unsure??? I take ephedrine tablets
- What other herbs can be mixed with epehdra?
what herbs are you asking about?
- Can you use alcohol with ephedra?
well I've done it MANY times with no issues. I mean I never get blackout drunk. max 5 drinks? that would be a lot for me. never any issues.
- Can you use other drugs with ephedra?
well any other stimulant, you'd want to be careful about your heart. like you definitely should mix coke and ephedrine (.... I've done that before :( ) or amphetamines obviously, that's not a good mix

Is there a difference between ephedra and ephedrine? I hear people talk about Ephedrine HCL a lot, but the only things I can seem to find are Ephedra Extract (25mg).

Yes, ephedrine is the purified alkaloids extracted from the plant ephedra sinica (also known as ma huang). You can't legally buy ephedrine hcl in the US anymore, and most ephedra that you can still buy has had the ephedrine alkaloids removed.

You can read more about this situation >>here<<.

Thanks CFC. Reading that page now. Can anyone tell me, is it worth the money to get the available pills that have "Ephedra Extract (25 mg Ephedra Nevadensis)" or is this a waste of money these days?

The only forms of Ephedrine HCL that I can find are in medications marketed as bronchodilators. Still the same chemical though so, maybe this is an alternative route?

Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated.