• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coffee/benzos interaction/synergy... good or bad?

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
If this belongs in BDD, please, moderators, accept my sincere apologies, and migrate it.

I know similar questions/responses have been peppered throughout Bluelight for quite a while. However, I would like to get a new and updated "informal" poll as to the interaction between benzos (in my case, clonazolam) and coffee (not caffeine pills). Some claim good results, while others claim a negation of one substance or the other.

I, myself, have been enjoying the two in the morning. It seems to keep me in a positive mood with a subtraction of most of the coffee-generated anxiety.

I look forward to the responses. Thanks!

I dont think they negate one another, but i do think that this is a pointless mix because benzos (in my case etizolam and alprazolam) dont just take my anxiety away, they also make me tired and mixing it with coffee takes away the jolt that i would use coffee for. I use coffee for energy and benzos to help calm down, i rarely ever feel the need to do both.

It's a good combo in my opinion. I seem to be clear headed and positive without the anxiety. I take clonozolam as well.

Synergistic.

Never tried clonazolam, but take clonazepam every morning with my coffee and that's pretty nice. I like the synergy it produces, especially once the klonopin really kicks in, then I do some subutex and I feel awesome. If I were to not drink coffee I don't think id feel as nice and have as much energy. I need coffee in the morning, if I don't have it I'm groggy all day. I would like to try some clonazolam though, how does it compare to clonazepam to anyone who has tried both?

Never tried clonazolam, but take clonazepam every morning with my coffee and that's pretty nice. I like the synergy it produces, especially once the klonopin really kicks in, then I do some subutex and I feel awesome. If I were to not drink coffee I don't think id feel as nice and have as much energy. I need coffee in the morning, if I don't have it I'm groggy all day. I would like to try some clonazolam though, how does it compare to clonazepam to anyone who has tried both?

Clonozolam lasts longer and makes me feel more sleepy. Plus the dosages aren't exactly the same. .5 of clonozolam is more like 1mg of klonopin IMO. I'm prescribed klonopin but supplement them with clonozolam as needed.

i've been drinking espresso and usually drink red bull and 5 hour energy's with benzo's to function.I dont know about it being the best combo...could be pretty bad for you,not sure the risk.I've been on them for 5 years now...never abused them really (except for one) just got a crooked psychiatrist at a young age who didnt warn me about long term use...one benzo I couldn't take with caffeine at all was ativan...avoid that and mixing caffeine...makes you feel like total shit but maybe it was just my body reacting not sure if anyone else had a bad reaction..weird thing was I could still drink red bulls with it though..and like yerba mate tea...but nothing else...all the others I haven't had much of a problem with.But its not exactly advised,coffee doesn't seem as bad though depending on what your taking.For me klonopin kinda fucked me up,actually gave me some energy already not sure with your case though.Klonopin was the only benzo I actually abused,I drunk lots of caffeine with it,didnt get much sleep,would black out,etc...basically ended up in a year blackout..it already fucked me up when taking it with nothing but no sleep alot of the time and mixing caffeine and alcohol with it didnt help much.So its just a warning to you...its not a medication to be taken lightly,lost a year of my life because of it.If your just doing it in moderation,the caffeine is your decision(if it doesn't make you drowsy I dont advise it because with caffeine it could keep you up all night,in my experience anyway) but I don't advise mixing alcohol with them.Anyway hope that helped man,if you can try to take them in moderation though,tolerance build up fast...

Benzos and moderate uppers (No Methamp/Cocaine) are totally safe. It really wont do much besides give slight body energy and maybe make the benzo feel less pronounced of a melt.

Thanks everyone for the input, it truly helps, although does it sill leaves me at tat 50%/50% mark with outside opinions ,where I am to to stay I presume.

Last edited:

This is very much where I stand with the benzo/c-lam morning combo. Sometimes for a moment, I feel what seems to be a slight Adderall buzz (since amphetamine always wiped out anxiety for me.) It is pretty nice, but the two substances do negate each other to some extent, which means that the clonazolam dose needs to be raised. And this is of course bad news in he long terms... as most of of us know already.

Clonozolam is a tough one to get off of as well.

Yeah I also take Adderall too, so it is a very nice pick me up once the coffee wears off and is great on getting rid of most if not all of my ADHD issues for the most part as well, the klonopin negates all of the negative side effects from the Adderall too, which I love and it doesn't make the Adderall feel any less powerful for me as some people describe when mixing benzos with amps. If I take the Adderall too soon after the coffee though, even with antacids, all of the stomach acid coffee produces will make the Adderall much less potent, so I try to always eat something to soak up the acid from the coffee, like bread, then take a few tums or whatever and it all works wonderfully together. Still would like to get some of this clonazolam that everyone has been speaking of on here before they take it off the market here in the US. If it isn't already? With all of these RC induced killings and violence from the stimulant/hallucinogenic RCs on the market, especially down here in FL, I cant see us being able to get RCs of any kind for much longer, even though I have heard nothing bad about the benzo/thienodiazepine RCs that are around, just the stimulant/hallucinogen RCs, and the fentanyl analogues.