• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Comedown,do i have serotonin syndrome?help please im kinda freaked out.

I should clarify - I meant that maybe their serotonin signaling levels never fell below a certain threshold until the comedown, not during the comeup or during their SRA naïve days.

I'm not saying that excess serotonergic signaling has to be the primary cause of issues, it could be a decrease in serotonergic signaling on the comedown with simultaneous alterations in neurophysiology that leads to issues, and this could be worse in people with more active MAO-A.

Alternatively, with chronic neurotransmitter shortages (like with an overactive form of MAO-A) sensitization of serotonin receptor response could be homeostatically beneficial, but the homeostatic sensitization could prove not to mix well with a sudden increase in neurotransmitters from an SRA. So either way, an increase in MAO-A activity could worsen a serotonin signaling shortage and increase risk of adverse effects, or could lead to chronic upregulation/sensitization of receptors and lead to adverse effects developing from an acute excess in signaling, in line with similar depersonalization issues from 5-HT2A agonists. Not that you can't see significant downregulation of 5-HT receptor response with classic psychedelics, and potentially see issues from that.

I should note that the short form of 5-HTTLPR (which confers risk to adverse effects of MDMA) is actually associated with lower levels of expression of SERT, but yet they have increased risk of adverse effects from tryptophan depletion. It could be that the functional consequences at a circuit level are more important to consider than what is going on at the individual synapse.

The 80% more active MAO-A thing that this person was telling me about was just a random example that might not contribute much to LTCs, but what it was meant to convey is that something could previously never be a problem because of thresholds. A bridge could be fine at holding up 10,000 pounds for 20 times (although you may see stress if you examine the bridge very closely) but the 21st time at 11,000 pounds could be all it takes for the bridge to collapse (just an analogy). Of course its incredibly more complicated because we're talking about the human brain, and it could go far beyond simple receptor homeostasis and deep in to the land of actual brain function.

Dude, not gonna lie, 500mg is ALOT.

I'm sure as you know, a run of the mill dose for MDMA is 80-120mg

You essentially quadrupled it, and are having a terrible comedown.

Next time just roll a flat 100 and enjoy yourself. No need to go overboard amigo. Feel better. Hard lesson learned, "less is more".

Yeah Cotcha is right on with my story....first night rolling drinking and smoking weed I had a great time, talking my ass off, speaking my mind - its like I had no filter lol, felt really liberating actually. I could say whatever I wanted and not worry about it because no one was bringing me down lol. 2 night later did it again except with time with amphetamine (3 hours earlier), and I felt like I was dying. It's the poly drug use that killed me....if I just did the Molly or just the Adderall the second night I'd probably be fine, all my buddies are.

Another question I've been curious about....is 20mg of Adderall a lot for your one of your first times? Should I've felt "speedy" after 3 hours? I'll be honest I've only taken Adderall 3 times and I've never really felt anything from it except wanting to bang a lot.

Adubbs- Adderall tolerance/reactions seem to vary widely but 20mg is a mild-moderate dose for a guy of medium size with no tolerance. Often times the euphoric effect fades away, leaving just the wired speediness after a couple hours.

And if someone gets a heart attack from their 21st tub of lard, it ain't the tub of lard

That's right.

It's the atherosclerotic plaques that are composed of all 21 tubs of lard.

Again -- APPLES and CUMQUATS

MDMA does not persist in the body, nor does its metabolites.

...What I mean to say is that something like eating lard can lead to dyslipidemia and then increase risk for atherosclerosis and hence a heart attack, but the key point is that there is going to be a point of critical mass. Dyslipidemia is often asymptomatic.

"MDMA does not persist in the body, nor does its metabolites"

I think you are still failing to grasp the neural mechanisms of learning and neuroplasticity, and how MDMA could affect those mechanisms to produce effects that persist beyond the clearance of the drug.. We're not talking about MDMA being stuck in the brain.

To the person that said im a hypochondriac and Im just seeking attention.

Are you actually serious?

The dizzyness and weird feelings I get in the head when I was a person that had completely clear vision,was completely motivated and completely happy is just because I'm being a hypochondriac?

I really hope you don't ever experience what I'm going through mate.

I was dumb,made a stupid decision and now I'm paying the price.

My vision may be fucked up for the rest of my life and I have to learn to live with it.

Like I would go online on a drugs forum and seek attention.

Anyway 3 and a half months in recovery
Not sure if I'm getting better or not
Some days I feel nothing of the side effects and some days I do.I really have no idea what is going on.

My HPPD isn't getting any better I think. I might be stuck with it for life.Still not doing any drugs because I don't want to have a relapse of my side effects and go through this again.

Atleast the only good thing is that quittig weed made be able to sleep normally again because I couldnt sleep if I wasn't high.I still want to hit a joint now and then but im resisting all temptations.

Thanks again for your support!The posts above me have been really informative and I hope one day I will be myself again.Some days just really destroy my psychology because of over thinking of what I did to myself.

Hello guys,
I have returned to make an update on my condition

4 months and a week into this nightmare
Dizziness and anxiety are still there at some points.Along with a lightheaded feeling.
I also noticed that sometimes when I try to fall asleep I have some poppy sensations in my brain which don't bother me.I also twitch sometimes before falling asleep but that's not really a problem

Thankfully I'm not having any sleep issues anymore.Just sometimes seeing some vivid bad dreams (like arguing with people I love like my girlfriend and stuff like that or being in really odd and awkward situations)and this is happening often.This will result me in waking up all panicky and stuff and having a racing heartbeat for atleast 2 hours.

I tried to hang out with my friends which returned for Christmas (they study in other areas of the country) but they all got drunk,high and stuff like that and I was the only sober guy and I couldn't really have a conversation with anyone.I felt so alone at that point and so bored and felt bad in general.I feel like I cannot enjoy myself since this nightmare started

Anyhow,my HPPD seems better at days and some days its back to its baseline.

DR/DP is maybe gone or it just doesn't bother me anymore.

I feel slight vertigo at times and I feel so unmotivated.

I generally feel bad for myself and I used to feel bad for myself and had anxiety but weed really helped me forget those things and have fun.Now it's kinda worse.

I spent the last months only going outside like 10 times in general.My motivation is completely destroyed.

Atleast I can say I see some improvement.Not much but still it's something.

I have a lot of mood swings like feeling good and a minute later feeling completely shit.
My hope is not gone though.I still hope that one day I will recover and be myself again.

I hope I can enjoy again things in life, like I used to and I hope my motivation returns.

Almost impossible. You're having a bad comedown exaggerated by you being anxious. Did you test your product?

What does your HPPD consist of?

You've only been outside twice? Gotta get some fresh air man!

If your sleep is good I would say you're well on your way to recovery

My HPPD consists of:

Visual snow
Tracers
Floaters
Negative After Images
Tinnitus

I did not test my product. I didn't know MDMA was that big of a deal.I was stupid.I did not make a research all I knew about it was from what people said of the streets.

Here they consider 200mg a low dose.Whenever I rolled I rolled 300mg.And smoked shitloads of weed before the roll,while rolling,while coming down and the day after.I used to smoke daily.

Then two days after the roll that torpedoed my life I am at my friends house 2 days after the roll, we smoke a joint and I get extremely anxious and start having a panic attack because the high was way too intense.I just felt really really bad.
The day after that I wake up and I was in hell.

I didn't have much support from my friends because they said I was overreacting and there was nothing wrong with me, that I was a hypochondriac and it was all in my head and that MDMA is perfectly safe because they didn't get any LTCs

Since then I stopped going out that much with my friends because I felt isolated and the DR/DP was killing me.I felt like a burden to them and I feel like a burden in general, my psychology is shit.

I went through this alone,only with some support from my girlfriend which is a long distance relationship. In the summer it wont be long distance anymore.

My life right now is waking up staying in bed, doing some exercise,listening to music and playing video games on the computer.

I wish I never rolled those two days. I lost everything

Bro am going through the same thing your going through. It's going to be three months on 1/09/2017 my vision is still blurry and I feel out of balance. I thought I was getting better but then it hit me again I went to get blood work done and everything came back fine I told my doctor I wanted a MRI so I'll be having one taken next week.. all this happend to me off one molly pill and a lot of alcohol... am so frustrated...

Hello guys, 6 months have passed and I came back to update my condition.
So far Ive seen some im not yet back to feeling 100% recovered
There are days that I feel completely good and days that I feel like my symptoms relapsed
Mainly dealing with headaches/migraines, head pressure some anxiety,tachycardia and arythmia rarely and depression.
I had some heart exams 4 months ago and they came out extremely healthy so I'm not worried about heart problems.
I got used to my HPPD and it doesnt bother me anymore although its symptoms are decreasing overtime.
Hope is not gone and I hope that one day I will be out of this and this goes to the people that go through the exact same thing.One day it will be over
My heart is with you

Hello guys.
8 months into my recovery
I have yet not fully recovered
The good thing is that I feel generally better about myself.
I moved houses and my internet connection is down so I can't post a full update.
Once my internet is back up I will post a full update.

Help, I have a symptom where I still feel foggy. I s hard to explain but I don't feel like I am present. I know what normally is and this doesn't feel normal. IT has been 3 weeks sinceI took MDMA but I think it was laced with maybe meth, I described it to someone and they said it had to have had something in it. Will this feeling go away?

I am feeling the exact same way. someone told me it could be laced with meth . I freaked out when I heard that. I don't know when this is going to go away. I can go on with my days if i really focus and try but it shouldn't be this way. I don't feel present. What should I do?

I am going through the exact same thing, my future and life has been snatched away by a stupid decision 5 months ago. Like you, my idiot 'friends' all believe md isn't a big deal and that taking a gram in a night is fine, so I stupidly followed their advice and didnt do any research. Only rolled about 4 times before all this shit happened. Would really like to talk to someone in a similar situation if they are open to that.

i mean some people can take a gram in a night and be somewhat fine. but theyve probably done it so many times thier tolerance is way up. i mean theyre gonna go thru hell on the comedown too and they may recover But nobody should take that much honestly. And a new user should definitely not take that much. Still you should recover just sleep, eat well and take supplements daily.