• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Comedown,do i have serotonin syndrome?help please im kinda freaked out.

watwat1000

Greenlighter
Soo my friends and I rolled about 250mg MDMA one night and the next day 250mg more.The first day after that i was kinda ok but the day after that all hell broke loose.Extreme anxiety,kinda depression,heart racing,foggy mind and im scared alot that i mightve got serotonin syndrome.Anxiety fucks up most of the part.I cant even enjoy weed anymore because it hits me in a bad way and anxiety breaks loose.I'm on the 5th day now after use.Is this permanent?Did I develop serotonin Syndrome?Will it go away?Help please I'm kinda freaked out.I learned my lesson and im never planning on doing drugs again other than weed, if it becomes again a pleasurable experience.thank you.
edit:i slept for about 3 hours now and woke up with an anxiety attack

I think its a prolonged, bad comedown. SS is an emergency you would most likely seek attention for rather quickly but get checked anyway if you feel the need.

How long do you think it will last?By the way im not a heavy MDMA user,Ive done it like 7 more times with a distance each of a month.7 times counting these two aswell.I just feel terrible and I don't want it to be permanent.Is it really that easy to develop SR?
the most part that messes me up is the anxiety.i have like extreme anxiety

How long do you think it will last?By the way im not a heavy MDMA user,Ive done it like 7 more times with a distance each of a month.7 times counting these two aswell.I just feel terrible and I don't want it to be permanent.Is it really that easy to develop SR?
the most part that messes me up is the anxiety.i have like extreme anxiety

There's almost no way it's serotonin syndrome, SS is an acute thing that happens when taking too much of a serotonergic drug or mixing multiple serotonergics that shouldn't be mixed. The fact that what you're experiencing started so long after taking the drug makes me agree with Kittycat5, it's the comedown/aftereffects. I would avoid all drugs(even caffeine), eat right, try to avoid stress, and you should be feeling better. Don't hesitate to see a dr., however should you fell the need. It really just sounds like too much MDMA in too short a time for your body/brain to handle properly.

I can't visit a doctor because I live in a place where people know eachother well, and if something happens, everyone knows it, (reason i want to go and live in the city,I'm 18 atm just finished school)As long as it goes away i can try to handle it but i really want it not to be permanent.Also i forgot to mention I have a weird feeling in my head like im kinda out of place.I tried drinking coffee yesterday but it just made it worse so i just didn't drink it.But one more question.Will the weed high stay that way?I've been smoking daily for 3 years and I love weed alot.Yesterday I took like 2 puffs and got a crazy high, heart racing and anxiety.I used to smoke like 6 spliffs and feel perfectly fine
edit:i forgot to mention that i took 250mg myself and the next day too.

A doctor has to keep everything you say confidential by law.

There is no way it is serotonin syndrome, you would be in hospital.

You need to AVOID ALL DRUGS, including caffeine, alcohol, cannabis until you feel 100% better and have been for some time.

Get daily cardio exercise, eat healthily and avoid stress.

Soo my friends and I rolled about 250mg MDMA one night and the next day 250mg more.The first day after that i was kinda ok but the day after that all hell broke loose.Extreme anxiety,kinda depression,heart racing,foggy mind and im scared alot that i mightve got serotonin syndrome.Anxiety fucks up most of the part.I cant even enjoy weed anymore because it hits me in a bad way and anxiety breaks loose.I'm on the 5th day now after use.Is this permanent?Did I develop serotonin Syndrome?Will it go away?Help please I'm kinda freaked out.I learned my lesson and im never planning on doing drugs again other than weed, if it becomes again a pleasurable experience.thank you.
edit:i slept for about 3 hours now and woke up with an anxiety attack

You don't have SS --

Yes it will go away

May have been MDMA -- maybe not. -- what is not in question -- whatever the substance was, it does not agree with you

You have the symptoms of -- Hypothalamus Pituitary Adrenal axis (HPA Axis) dysregulation.

Basically, your body and brain are treating every single stressor (physical and mental) as a fight or flight issue -- no matter how big or small.

Get some ascorbate salts and take 1000 mg in 6 ounces of juice at least 3 times a day.

Get epsom salts from WAL-MART (they are real bath salts -- LOL) made from magnesium -- you put in the bath and soak -- body absorbs through skin and calms anxiety -- natural

Get a b-complex vitamin.

As soon as you can exercise (not strenuous unless you can tolerate it) 1 hour sessions -- like long walks or bike ride with friends --

If you can, get some valium. (do not get ativan or xanax they are short acting and can cause withdrawal very quickly) most doctors will prescribe valium for anxiety quite readily, if you ask around im sure you can find the benzo doctor

Start with 2 mg and see if you get relief after 45 minutes if not go to 4; then use 4mg 3 times a day for 5 days, drop to 3 mg 3 times a day for 5 days (break a 2 mg pill in half to make 1 mg), then 2 mg 3 times a day for 5 days then 1 mg times 3 then 1 morning and night then 1 at night.

If 2 mg works -- take 2 mg 3 times a day for a week, then drop to 1 mg 3 times a day for a week, then 1 mg morning and night for a week, then 1 mg at night - for a week and end

Tapering like that will pretty much prevent any chance of withdrawal.

Thanks guys the thing is that I can't take medicine because I don't want my parent's to know anything about MDMA use or something like that.I'm staying away from drugs, I'm going to start drinking orange juice daily for vitamins and maintain my stress levels,aslong as I do i think ill be fine. I slept for about 3 more hours,Still have a weird pressure thing in my head and a weird feeling but not as much.Stress level is up but not in a point I can't handle it.By the way I didn't have bad experiences with MDMA.Never.Only last time the 2nd day of the two days when it kicked in I kinda lost my shit because it was really intense.After 20 minutes I was pretty good with no disturbances.I will keep updating my condition.But really you guys helped alot with the stress :D
edit:can i still smoke tobacco?

Last edited:
So from previous experiences i have found that if you put down the weeds for a week or so sleep melatonin B6 Eat when you wake up and get some chocolate you will be fine.

No. i think you just took a bit too much and you are having a really bad calmdown... Once i took the same quantitaty and felt paranoid for like a week...Also smoking weed didnt help but hash did.
Took some anti anxiety pills and lots of vitamins and sunlight.
Spoke with friends and little by little i started to feel okay again.
Also got some brain zapps and felt dizzy at times. Seriously thought that i wouldnt be fine again.
Now i take precautions and BL posts really helped me in getting info on how safely do MDMA.
No more anxiety issues now :)

edit:can i still smoke tobacco?

yes, of course. ime tobacco helps calming you down, which is exactly what is needed most. once you beat the anxiety the other symptoms will be gone too. it's just temporary, don't worry. in most cases you'll feel normal within a week.

Today is the 6th day after use.Woke up after 10 hours of sleep,My head still feels weird like it has some kind of waves inside,anxiety is way lower.Might be because I just woke up.I kinda feel better but I still have a heavy head.I think I'm getting better tho.I had no trouble sleeping and everything seemed fine.I will update my condition in some hours when I will have completely woken up. Thanks for all your support!
edit:I still feel tired.Should I sleep more?

Do you have anything to do? Sleep is good but you should also get out there and try something not too strenuous if you can. I think you are getting better as well. Just try to live as healthy as you can in the upcoming days and take stock of yourself regularly. If you feel despite your efforts, you have stalled, go get a professional opinion.

Ok so I feel alot better than yesterday,I can see the progress.Now that I have completely woken up.I can see the difference.Stress levels are way down.Not where they should be but they are down to a good spot.Yesterday I watched a movie with my friends which was hilarious, and that really fixed the mood.Also I fixed my sleeping time schedule which was pretty messed up(I used to sleep at 7 in the morning and wake up 6 in the afternoon)The only thing that is more intense than anything is the heavy weird feeling head (or brain) which I think it's just because it's tired and needs more rest to come back to it's normal state.I'll get some chocolate for melatonin.Right now I'm watching DBZ which really helps me to forget everything(The Cell saga is really good :p) I feel alot better and I can see the difference. I think that I'll return to normal soon.The one thing I really hope is that weed will come back to the way it was,I will stop smoking so much because during these days I thought some things about myself(like it makes me lazy and unmotivated) but man, I still love it! :p

Today is the 6th day after use.Woke up after 10 hours of sleep,My head still feels weird like it has some kind of waves inside,anxiety is way lower.Might be because I just woke up.I kinda feel better but I still have a heavy head.I think I'm getting better tho.I had no trouble sleeping and everything seemed fine.I will update my condition in some hours when I will have completely woken up. Thanks for all your support!
edit:I still feel tired.Should I sleep more?
sleeping and resting is good. But dont over do it. inercia is a bitch.
consider on taking some 5htp.
those waves you are feeling are due to the low levels of serotonin.
You will be feeling absolutely fine in about three weeks. Takes time.
our body is our temple * Be safe *
I love MDMA but my brain and wellbeing is more important.
ive learned from the same mistake and after that horrible comedown like yours i started drinking orange juice everyday and eating fruit and exercising.Im taking 5htp and vitamin B and magnesium.
I feel awesome now and i can roll whenever and its always a good roll and never got a bad calmdown.
you will too ;) HUG

Ok so I feel alot better than yesterday,I can see the progress.Now that I have completely woken up.I can see the difference.Stress levels are way down.Not where they should be but they are down to a good spot.Yesterday I watched a movie with my friends which was hilarious, and that really fixed the mood.Also I fixed my sleeping time schedule which was pretty messed up(I used to sleep at 7 in the morning and wake up 6 in the afternoon)The only thing that is more intense than anything is the heavy weird feeling head (or brain) which I think it's just because it's tired and needs more rest to come back to it's normal state.I'll get some chocolate for melatonin.Right now I'm watching DBZ which really helps me to forget everything(The Cell saga is really good :p) I feel alot better and I can see the difference. I think that I'll return to normal soon.The one thing I really hope is that weed will come back to the way it was,I will stop smoking so much because during these days I thought some things about myself(like it makes me lazy and unmotivated) but man, I still love it! :p
Im glad you feel better. Dont worry i managed to smoke weed after a few weeks. I also get anxiety when smoking. Start by something small and soon you will manage to smoke as normal :)

Thanks for all the tips! To be honest I'm not planning on rolling soon enough because this summer I rolled 4 times and had 3 acid trips(I had a bad trip in 2 of them,was pretty intense and bad,I managed to get out of the 2nd one)And I think I overdid it,it was fun but i think it's okay to stop now for a long time :p This comedown is really bad but it has taught me alot and made me think things about myself.Now it is time to recover.I was thinking also of taking a break on weed for some time and I think now it's the right chance.I will probably roll again next summer.I'll just stick to alchohol at parties even tho I don't drink much, I don't like getting wasted,I get terrible headaches when I fall asleep and I hate that alot :p I also want to maintain the magic in rolling because its one of my favourite experiences,I always have fun and never have "bad trips"(except when it kicks, it's always weird for me for some reason but after about half an hour I feel fine)So yeah, time to be "high on life" for a little while :p Thanks again for all your support!Love you guys

Sooo it's day 7 after use, anxiety is almost completely gone but I feel really dizzy at times like im gonna fall down, my head feels better too but I get dizzy alot,why so?

disruption of the sensorium

The way your brain interprets the world was knocked out of whack for a while -- and there is still a residual bias between your visual processing and your proprioception (balance).

I bet you don't feel dizzy when you are lying down, or eyes closed.

will it go away? and how long till it goes away?
edit:I still have some visuals in the dark.Will those go away too?