• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squeaky, I'm glad you mentioned a couple things that are similar to some of my circumstances as well. Im supposed to be at 45mg/day & am coming from minimum of double that. ~ so today I have a seemingly small goal of decreasing by 7.5 - 15mg. ~ maybe by sharing that it will help me stick to it ~

"After a forced break of over a week is my tolerance down enough to take less with the same result (as the previous higher dose) or not?" is the question I can't seem to get myself to try to answer! I'm on my third day with my meds & I suspect my tolerance is already shot?! I've started writing down how much I take & when religiously; hoping that it may help me to keep my dosing in the forefront of my mind so that I might not excuse myself absent mindedly.... I even wrote down yesterday 'to wait at least an hour upon waking.. Ideally & eventually shooting for 4 hours', etc. I wonder if this is a good approach tho, because of the rebound affect of using more due to the depravity of abstaining... (as has been stated in this thread & I'm all too familiar with varying degrees of this problem)

P0kemama, one of your comments was encouraging to me & I'm trying to take it heart: "every time we take a step in the direction opposite of using, such as posting, skipping a dose, taking a decreased dose, calling a friend, journaling...even waiting an extra 10 minutes before taking the next scheduled dose, we weaken the addiction. That is why I plan on not giving up..."

It's frustrating to me to struggle with what I consider to be a low dose. I've been a PM (assuming this stands for Pain Management) patient for 7 years & in the past was scripted 180mg/daily. It seems like WD is worse every time I go thru it, tho my mind (addict mind?) always tells me it will be easier!

Again you hit it straight Shroomi- every time I have dropped my dose too much I got desperate and ended up using more than ever. AND all it takes is one day to reset my tolerance to the new higher dose. That's how I hot to 200 mg/day oxy.

Yes exactly man. I was doing so damn well the other week, I had so much fight in me. I was sniffing 20 milligrams every 8 hours which is, well, nothing to me. That's like 60mg oxy bro. And then like maybe I mentioned, I ran out one day cold turkey. I freaked out so hard, that within 24 hours I was back up to 2 or even 300 milligrams and I had also shot up for the first time out of sheer desperation. Fortunately, when I tried to shoot up a second time this morning it went really really poorly. I didn't get my vein on the first poke, and then I tried poking it a couple more times and realizing I was dulling the needle just gave up. The reason I shot it like a seasoned junkie the first time, was because I was down to my very last 10 milligrams and I wasn't sick. Today, I was sick and I also had a stash, so it just didn't work out. I'm lucky in a way because shooting 20mg would have given me that addictive rush. I'll never ever do it again after that shit experience today though.

It sucks so much man, here I am starting over yet again. I'm just thinking, you know, like wouldn't enduring 24 hours of cold turkey make things better? Make my taper go even better? No. I endured such Hell during those 24 hours, that I forgot I was even tapering. When I got my dope I was savage I just tore into it and railed 60mg right off the bat - what my total daily dose had been and just kept going and now, not only do I have to start over, but I had to sell some guitar equipment today that I'm really sad about in order to get the restart gram. So I cannot fuck up this time, and in order to avoid cold turkey, I am keeping my journal. I meticulously weighed how much I have left, did some calculations, and I'm set. (I don't actually have my gram yet, just the money for it, so I need to watch what little I have left because I could easily use it in a day if I wasn't being careful).

Anyways, last time I started at 20mg every 8 hours and I fucking suffered for several days before cold turkey put a halt to it. However, my tolerance was surprisingly dropping quickly. My highs were lasting longer, the pain relief was better, and on the day before cold turkey hit I actually felt a little bit of my "soul" shining; I felt natural cognitive energy, my brain wasn't being driven solely by the amount of opiates in my body. It was great to feel that and I think I'm recovering fast these days because of the amount of yoga I am doing, as well as my healthy vegetarian diet (not that I am against meat, just for me personally, the diet I have going on is absolutely phenomenal, and I really keep up with it... I drink a lot of white tea as well, and sometimes green tea... but yeah, like I'm just really really healthy in terms of diet apart from these chemical drugs, and I don't drink any alcohol whatsoever and I don't smoke anything whatsoever).

This time, I am starting at 40mg every 8 hours for the first day, just to get used to the schedule. A lot of it is getting over the compulsion to redose for me, which takes a few days. Pretty quick, my body gets used to a hit of opiate every 8 hours, and after a little while I extend that to 12 while keeping the dose the same (so my overall daily dose is the same, but I get to take a bigger hit, less frequently).

I'm just not starting at 20mg again because I'm still honestly warn out from that single day of cold turkey, the preceding days of very low dosing, and the aftermath. The entire week was just a wreck and a waste. So this time, I sold more of my stuff, and I have a little bit more to work with. I'm starting at a higher dose so that the first few days won't be so miserable (I was literally feeling suicidal last time). It's still going to be hard.

I have chosen the schedule 4am - noon - 8pm this time and I like this schedule, it's what was working before. Sometimes I will do midnight 8am 4pm, but this way, I get high when it's sunny out and for lunch, I get high in the evening when I can do something social or even just head to the mall, and I get high in the morning but I often will sleep through the 4am dose a bit... but the schedule eventually ensures that I get to bed early before I'm sick, and wake up early.

This is what I'm trying to do right now and I was so committed - I was doing so well - and I need to find that courage again. So, I am going to try my best again and make damn sure not to run out. I'm also going to stock all my oxy's and keep using H for a a long time until the dose of H I am using is very low. My body will have had a break for the oxy, and maybe it will respond better to it when I start up again.

It just sucks so much how a single day of cold turkey ruined everything and here I am starting over again. I refuse to look into methadone or suboxone because my habit is small. It's relatively small in the grand scheme of things (like yours - not to undermine it dude but if we are both around 200mg oxy, it could be worse, there is a lot of hope we're not using like a gram a day or more). I just feel like I have fucked up the pain system of my body and the last thing I need to do is introduce more drugs to it, like these synthetic opioids that help people quit. THat's great if it helps some people but if I'm going to quit I'm going to taper with H or oxy like I did last year because I made a lot of progress, and those are just the opiates my body knows well. I'm sick of throwing all these chemicals at my body - it's used to H right now, so I'm going to continue giving it H. Just less of it, a lot less.

Today I'm doing 40mg x3 which will be a relatively easy start. Same with the following day - then down to 35 and then 30. I'll be back at 20mg x3 in no time and then drop to 15, probably stay at 15mg x3 daily for a long time.

Hope you're doing well, don't give up. You are right that tolerance resets in one day, it is insane. Actually, my tolerance resets in even less time than that! It basically takes getting high with a larger dose than normal or expected once or twice for it to reset - and then some. It's insane and it has to stop, so here I am trying yet again. I am making damn sure to write everything in my journal - it's a good reminder of how much this is killing me.

Good luck bud and talk soon

I am just editing this to say I am switching it up a bit. I am starting with a 50mg dose, then 45mg, then 40, then 35, all the way down to 20 and then staying there for a while before going down to 15mg 3x daily. The reason for this is to get rid of compulsive redosing before dealing with my tolerance. I can take a satisfying dose, and want more 2 or 3 hours later or even earlier because of this effect the drug has on the reward system of the mind. I am going to make sure to deal with that first and the way I do this is by spreading my doses out so that the rewards are few and far between. However, 50mg should keep me out of physical withdrawal for the greater part of 8 hours - while, I will still experience the odd craving to redose, which I will have to ignore. Instead of starting right off the bat at 20mg, I think this is going to work out a lot better... so long as I don't run out again. However, I have more to work with and it's just not going to happen, my script is coming up too but I'm stockpiling my oxy's for when I'm done with dope in the future.

I'll just make an update in like a week and let people know how I'm doing since I am extremely serious this time.

Last edited:
Need help getting off opiates

Hey everyone thanks for the advice. I feel bad for the guys that are coming off high doses of oxy. I thought I had problems. Well so far tapering is going ok I had 1 bump did more than I should have but I'm back on track. The flu thing that was mentioned is a great excuse and I will be using it when the time comes. But my parole officer issue is another story they are smart people they know when someone is dope sick or not trying to act ok when your dying inside is near impossible. I guess I have to figure all that out when the time comes. Or just suffer the consequences. Unfortunately if I lose everything this time because of my stupidity again I just can't do it this time around. I don't think I have the will anymore. I'm not a kill yourself kind of person or a poor me guy. I'm just realizing that my actions have consequences I chose to do this to myself over family issues to help me not care. Really how foolish is that. Everyone has stuff going on even worse than that. Yet here I am whining to a bunch of people I don't know about it and talking foolish like I won't make it this time. Well if I do or if I don't I need to realize I did this to me I wasn't pressured by anyone to use it was my decision and a stupid one at that. I'm full of regrets at this point but the one thing that's certain is I'm getting off this shit nomatter what one way or the other and never looking back. I love my girl more than I have ever loved anyone I'm not gonna lose her I waited 25 years to have her in my life. Thank u everyone again for your wisdom I feel better that I can say what I need to say and know I'm not the only one going through it. Big congrats to everyone that succeeded in getting clean and staying that way u guys are an inspiration. Thanks so much I will check back here soon to let u know how it's going.

edit - I am going to rewrite this after I take my taper line in 10 minutes, since I feel it was too negative.

Yeah so I'm doing okay so far. I went like this: 50mg - 50mg - 40mg - 25mg... the last 8 hours was awful. Next dose will be 20mg and then 15mg for a while.

That's just what I'm up to, we'll see if I can keep it up. I'm really making sure to use my diary this time. Once I get in the habit of that it will really help a lot. Time, dose, reason. Then eventually I'll switch from heroin back to oxy to pop pills instead of do lines. Anyways, I need to make use of this time to get some rest.

Last edited:
Awesome post DONTHATE I don't feel people giving you props you hit it on the head. Addiction side effect is humongous selfishness you can see that on this very page of this thread. Its all about them and their dose or whatever bullshit they got going on. Idk your sit but you're gonna make it you have a good foundation. You realize your selfishness while using and see your family so focus on that man you'll be fine. PM me anytime and we'll chat I don't do that with everybody but you seem cool. Good luck to you man but you ain't gonna need luck you got the tools homes. Take care!!

Need help getting off opiates

CLOSEAU thank u for your kind words and faith in me to beat this crap. It's funny how one can be so open and honest on a site they happened to come across by chance. I'm only speaking from the heart I had a rough go in the pen saw alot of bad shit go on in there. My goal was to come out of there not only a better person but an honest one. I tell it how it is nomatter how much I will hurt someone. However in my current situation I can't tell my girl it will destroy any faith she has in me. Keeping her is my one true motivation for getting away from this shit. Also if I get any deeper I'm gonna destroy everything I worked so hard to achieve in the last year and a half of freedom. Thank u again. I'm knew to this to be honest all technology I'm not sure how to PM anyone lol. My smart phone was the first one I picked up when I got out talk about a learning curve. I appreciate the offer to pm u and look forward to talking to u when and if I can figure it out take care man and thanks again for the props that's some real shit right there

No prob bro. Just hit the minus sign on top of page and hit messages then hit compose and type in my name and message its cool but you have to have so many posts before you can. Dude Ive spent 13 years in recovery and the dudes I always got to know with the best sobriety were the ones locked up. Sone still were they were just so involved with helping people they hadcprivlegas. They know their stuff and dontvfuck around at all they treat it like it is life or death. You gonna do fine my man keep that begininers attitude and stay humble and thank God every night before you go to bed it helps man. Ill PM you see if you get it you'll have a 1 in yellow circle just hit and im there. Later buddy

Closeau, if you would humor me, of course I agree & know addictions, addicts, & their actions there-in are selfish. However, I thought the purpose of this tapering thread was to share & talk about dosing for the purposes of doing so - and read about others' circumstances. I don't really have anybody's "shit" to talk about but my own. I'm new to being registered & attempting to converse. After reading your post I'm wondering if I'm not being kosher... "or maybe im so vain I think this song is about me..."
DONTHATE, I'm pulling for ya. You're certainly in a rough spot. Hope you get a free pass this time & can continue your fresh start with your woman. Hang in; this too shall pass.

DONTHATE- this will sound crazy, but I have done it and it works.... two crystals of salt(real salt like you put on french fries) in each eye and slowly pull out a couple of nose hairs just before your meeting with your p.o. It will make your eyes bloodshot and red and make your nose swollen and runny for about 10 minutes. Just long enough to really sell the "flu" excuse. I know it sounds childish but I have done this and it really does work. Tell a story about how you never got sick when you were inside and now it feels like the germs are everywhere trying to attack you. Get some non - alcoholic cold medicine and one of those little travel sized packages of tissue to pull out during your meeting.
Also.... if you're at least 3 days clean, you should piss clean no problem. Even if he thinks you're wd'ing, there won't be any proof and his 'idea' that you are dope sick won't be enough to get you arrested.
If you don't already smoke(tobacco), then now might be a good time to start. A lot of guys trying to stay clean turn to cigarettes to help their nerves. If you can also act like you're dying for a smoke during your meeting it will help your parole officer believe you are clean. That might also give your family something to be mad at you about and distract them from the idea that you're going through opiate withdrawls. Then when you quit smoking they will be proud of you. Later you all can reference this time in your life- they all will call it 'the time you were stupid and got hooked on cigarettes' but you will know it was really oxy that you were addicted to.

Last edited:
As for me- I just found out that I may need a third surgery. My dr thinks that I have scar tissue that is being pushed into my spinal chord by extra bone growth where I had fusion surgery. The good news is that my pain mgmt dr is not going to cut me off of the oxy. The bad news is that my pain mgmt dr is not going to cut me off the oxy.
I have tapered down to my prescribed dose(90 mg/day). It is work, but I can now maintain at that level. I really want to go lower so I can start rebuilding my stash, but I have been unsuccessful for about a month now. Fortunately I finally figured out that I can get my 30 day prescription and the pharmacy will fill it every 28 days. That gives me an extra 180 mg per month for when I f--k up and take too much.
My life revolves around these pills now and it really sucks. Now that I have proof that my pain is real I feel less like I am addicted, but I am still dependant. All of my dr's appointments, limping through the pharmacy, waiting for my insurance to approve procedures- it's not living. My body feels like a car that keeps breaking down and my mechanic keeps telling me it's fixed, but it's not and I'm feeling more like it needs to be towed to a junk yard. I'll live I guess.

Closeau, if you would humor me, of course I agree & know addictions, addicts, & their actions there-in are selfish. However, I thought the purpose of this tapering thread was to share & talk about dosing for the purposes of doing so - and read about others' circumstances. I don't really have anybody's "shit" to talk about but my own. I'm new to being registered & attempting to converse. After reading your post I'm wondering if I'm not being kosher... "or maybe im so vain I think this song is about me..."
DONTHATE, I'm pulling for ya. You're certainly in a rough spot. Hope you get a free pass this time & can continue your fresh start with your woman. Hang in; this too shall pass.

You are right about closeau, and he has very serious drug problems of his own... he's not recovering lol. Everything I learned about IV drug use I learned from him, and he was on the phone when I hit my elbow crook with heroin for the first (and hopefully last) time. There seems to be denial on this very page as well and yes everlasting this thread is all about sharing feeling or whatever and taper plans with opiates and getting support for that.

Squeaky, I am trying to cut back too. Good work man. Today is the second day in a row I went 14 hours without using Heroin. I was railing every 2 or 3 hours like I do with oxy... how it just starts to not last for shit, the relief periods I mean. I was at that point and kind of still am but it will pass soon. Well, assuming I make it 4 hours to midnight which I damn well will. It's starting to really really be complete shit though like today was awful but this evening is going to be torture. I'm going to distract myself with movies and lay in bed. The line is all chopped up waiting for me but I don't go off schedule unless I really fuck up because all it takes is one time and I'm fucked. I will be doing this every day until my body gets used to it... probably around 2 weeks. Then I'll be a lot more free because I won't be feeling like laying down and suffering for the rest of the day. I had a good start of my day since I did a little line, even applied to some careers, but now I am playing the waiting game. I won't be feeling alive until I activate my brain with heroin at midnight. The longer I keep this up, the less dependent I will be... all the sick time counts for a lot. I like to get good and sick before dosing, and I like to dose high when I do, as opposed to more frequent lower doses. That way I get a reward and a high for all the suffering, and I feel like it forces my brain to kikc endorphins back in. Heroin seems like it was designed for me. Fucking withdrawal is sheer torture though. It's going to be tough to fully quit. If I ever even do, which I highly doubt. I'd like to keep things under control like a normal pain patient would though.

Last edited:
Wow Shroomi that's a LOT of oxy. It's probably a good thing tgat I don't have access to that many pills or I would probably use them.
Im pretty proud of myself today. Yesterday I got hurt at work. I fell and wrenched my back, right where I have the screws. Normally that would have been a good reason to use some extra oxy, but I actually stuck to my prescribed dose. Let's see how today goes......

I don't even have access man, I'm just out of control. I blow through my script in 5 days.

I'm all about the heroin now and switching to IV use. I'm fucking up my life but I think that I want to. I'm trying a suboxone this morning, but it's only to hold me over to shitty days until I can start shooting H again. I knew this would be my fate when I started though and fully accept it. I think suboxone can be enabling to addicts and that's why I'm interested in it (when you can't get your dope, you just switch to subs... and vice versa... but I haven't tried it yet. I have to wait until I am good and sick, so I'm trying it now that it has been 13 hours since I dosed. Can't handle any more time.

Hi Shroomy.. it's been a while since I've been on here as Ive been away in the states visiting family. I've just been reading your posts and just wanted to check in to see how you're doing. I hope the Suboxone has worked for you if you did indeed take it? No judgements here, but I really hope you don't make that move to IV use with the H. From reading your posts, it seems like you have the right motivation to make the changes you want. Anyways, just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and wishing you the best. Take care of yourself.

Hi Northerngirl, I am just editing this a bit as it was long. I don't want to mention how much I loved shooting dope the time I tried it (well I just did... lol). But that was a month ago, serious once was enough it was fucked to have a drug hit that quick and especially being heroin. Just never again.

It was a tolerance thing. My tolerance had quadrupled because I got a half ounce when I got this random tax return money from a couple years ago. Spent every penny on dope haha. Never thought it would run out. Lasted a couple weeks.

The past month has been a waste and absolute hell. I have been in withdrawal from Monday to Thursday every day for the past 4 weeks, so I have got nowhere with my job applications as I don't do anything when I don't have my heroin, and then using on the other days. My tolerance is back down to 20mg though so I don't have to considering shooting it as an option now. I sniff 20mg every 8 hours and keep to a journal with Time / Dose / Reason and this really helps. I'm not trying to quit, just taper down because at this dose level, I wouldn't consider shooting it as an option. Even sniffing 50mg last weekend... I passed out / was really nodding off and it was kinda scary so I just can't handle those doses anymore. Before it would just make me feel normal so all the sickness has paid off. I get enough use out of a half gram or gram at this level. I really needed to suffer though to get it back down.

I hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out I was wondering what you were up to.

Last edited:
How's it going squeaky man. I took 30mg oxy two days ago, and 8mg suboxone today... I'm going back to the percocet tomorrow at 4pm. Then 20mg heroin sniffs every 8 hours the following day. When I shot my dope, I was up to 50mg with heroin when I first started using it 10 or 15mg had me good of this pure as fuck dope so the increase was huge. It was because I bought a half ounce thinking I could save money (lol... I thought I would never run out and it really didn't take long haha).

So, every week for the past 4 weeks I have been sick as fuck with zero opiates for at least 3 days. My tolerance is really down but it was so high, I can still handle all that oxy no problem. However lately, I'm beginning to feel it a little again... that nice oxy energy. I'm working on sticking to that journal I mentioned and keeping my tolerance low so I don't think of switching to IV use, when I shot up it was totally a tolerance thing. I could only get 10 hits off a half gram of dope and I mean that's really not much considering a half gram of oxy is 100 percs and I find good heroin to be stronger mg per mg, a lot stronger.

Shooting it was fucked though. Even 10 milligrams. It really is just a completely different thing and once was enough. Never again holy fuck I can't be doing that.

By the way Northerngirl, I am never going to IV heroin again. Thanks a lot for discouraging me as I've been back and forth on switching to it full time. It would kill me and I don't want to die. Once really was enough, I'm totally sticking to sniffing the stuff even that is dangerous enough.

Last edited:
Yeah Shroomi, there's a line you cross when you start shooting anything. That's a line you want to stay on this side of. Even if you crossed over, come back from the dark side brother.
I'm getting close to being in your shoes. Struggling to not run out of my script for oxy before my next refill. Totally sucks.

Yeah man it does totally suck. I've been in so much fucking CT withdrawal this past month and not wanted but forced. I've had money for dope and waited to get it and it's the most miserable thing being that sick. Dude I will eventually get back on track with my oxy's but damn did my tolerance go up. That fucking half ounce... man, if I had used that responsibly (journal entries) I'd still fucking have it!!! Instead I'm in and out of withdrawal trying to afford half grams or grams, with a really heightened tolerance from blowing through that half ounce.

I just sniffed 2mg suboxone and it worked a lot better. It's a great tool for withdrawal. When I tried it sublingually, well I had a lot of saliva because that is a withdrawal effect I get, so I don't think I absorbed it well. This last dose really helped, I should be good until I can get high on Thursday. It would be a good medication to use to get through post-acute withdrawal, I feel. But damn have I ever come across such a complicated medication, having to wait 24 hours until you are in CT withdrawal and all to even take it.

I agree about shooting. I am glad so many people have discouraged it. I really loved it and seeing the crimson blood register like time stopped and then I shot. It was too good for this world I can never do it again. And that was with a 10mg dose... a very low dose. I didn't notice for like 2 minutes, but it got me high in seconds. That is actually really scary to me because I think with H it would not be too long until I overdosed and I am not really prepared to die yet at all. I want another cutie girlfriend and career job lol. Those are my goals I work towards when I'm on heroin and functioning... mainly the career, because I can't really do much but be patient for a girl who sees the good in me to come along. And get a haircut this week haha.

So yeah dude too much heroin really fucks me up. There is a lien you can cross even sniffing it, which will inevitably lead to shooting it. That's when I started my journal and lowering my tolerance because I knew I was getting way too out of control. At least I keep it to 3 times a day now, that isn't so much abuse and my tolerance is low enough now that I do not even consider IV use anymore. I know it would be a huge mistake... if the high comes on that quick, then so would withdrawal and I sure wouldn't like that. Plus the needle fetish thing is totally true... I mean, I mentioned that time stopped before I pushed it in. I can't believe I was desperate enough to do that, and cold turkey withdrawal hasn't been as awful as I thought it would be. After I went through three days of straight CT, I don't really fear running out the same.

So, hopefully I can keep my heroin use to a reasonable level, get a job and a cutie girlfriend and live a happy life. Play my guitar, look after my little bro who unfortunately is into the softer drugs but still it's in our genes and he loves getting stoned and has tried cocaine. Scared me to hear that and it really hurt. I thought he learned from my mistakes and that's why he's such an awesome dude. There is nobody in this world I will ever care for more than him. My little brother always comes first. I'm sad I missed his show last week because I was dope sick. I really love him a lot and I think he looks up to me too. I'm worried sick about the drug use because he has used more drugs at his age than I had back then. I was just smoking weed casually back then and binge drinking... he has already taken things a little further, probably more than I even know about. I don't know what to do but just be his friend, keep an open relationship and dialogue, and discourage drug use although we are tripping on acid together this summer. He wants to try and but only with me and I am cool with that. Just not the addictive shit and even weed can get out of hand, regardless of what people say it's unhealthy to smoke 30 bong rips a day. He smokes a lot of cigarettes too like I need to spend more time with him. God forbid he ever tries an opiate and it scares me that it could be from a fucking doctor.

p.s dude I am taking 45mg oxy a day while waiting on my dope now... as you know me, that is absolutely nothing to me and it's really frustrating. Can't even feel it, really frustrating.

Last edited:
I am worried, that I am really going to hurt myself. After all this "clean time" it has literally driven my insane. I can't handle that shit. When I had a steady supply I was keeping to my taper journal and doing well. I've suffered so much SO fucking BAD this week that I simply need a needle fix when I get when shit again. I can't handle this fucking garbage god damned fcuking shit, I wish I was dead I have a death wish hanging over my head. Cold Turkey is the most miserable thing I can do because it hurts so bad it makes me want to die and just not give a fuck. I need the best hit after this BULLSHIT.

Shroomi- Don't do the needle. You can get what you need from snorting, it just takes a minute longer. The problem with needles is that it feels REALLY good, then your brain pushes you to keep getting your fix from a needle. Yoo start shooting and that may be the beginning of the end for you. Getting a job or a girlfriend will be impossible with needle tracks in your arm.
Have you ever considered rehab? It might be nice to get away from life for a couple weeks and not be responsible for anything while getting through withdrawals. I thought about it for myself, but I have a family to support and it just wouldn't work for me.
Anyway, I've been there many times. And the b.s. advice that people give like "hurting yourself won't solve anything", "you have a good life" or "there's a lot of people who love you ".... They can go to hell. Nobody knows what you're going through and how painfully it affects every aspect of life.
I'm sorry you're hurting friend. I know it really sucks.
It seemed a couple of months ago you were doing really well- particularly when you weren't looking to get high. You said you were dosing every 12 hours and taking all kinds of vitamins, along with playing a lot of guitar. Could you go back to that for a while? At least until you get past your current state? For me, it always helped to bury my head into something I enjoy that is a bit difficult and productive. It makes the time pass quickly and helps with my depression.
You got Kratom or weed? Either one of those ever work for you? I've never been into weed but I am considering it now just because I want off the oxy but I really need to have SOMETHING to help me relax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.