• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about Oxy withdrawal

skyfox420

Greenlighter
Hey there!

I'm pretty familiar with Oxy for pain use. I've been prescribed for quite some time (I think 3 years) and it helps with the pain. I don't do very many, maybe at most 10-15 a month (at most, usually only about 5-7 a month). This month has been my most ever though, I think I've done 20 this month just because I am in between jobs and really doctoring my self up to be fit for my new job.

My curiosity is, everyone talks about how terrible the withdrawals are. At what point do you experience those? I have never came close to anything like that, even when I 'binge.' At most I will become very lethargic, unmotivated,ill-confident, tired, slightly depressed (though not enough to call it 'depression'). I have heard stories of my friends who actually do it for recreational use saying that at one point they needed to take 10 a day, so I definitely know it gets way more extreme to me.. but at what MG a day do you think those terrible withdrawals start kickin in at?

Edit: by the way, I'm speaking in the realm of 30 MG roxys. Sorry had to clarify.

The length of time you take them every day is more important. Of course how much you take is a factor but if you took one 30mg oxy for 15 straight days or took 150mg three times a month on nonconsecutive days, the former would more likely to cause WD. How much and often do you take it?

Thanks for the timely response!

Honestly I wasn't really asking for me, I'm not too worried about it I don't think I'll ever reach that point. But for example (this month being my most extreme) I took 10 over the course of 5 days, took a day off, did another 4, took three days off, and I'm about complete 5 more tonight and be completely done for the rest of the month because I start my new job in two days. On that 3 day break I did (what I call) my withdrawal and felt fine by today.

Edit: I actually might save a half for my first day working just in case I feel a little weak.

Edit: Oops sorry, that 3 day break was actually 4!

i didn't get my first habit and resulting opiate wd until i smoked heroin everyday for a month and a half, so you should be fine, but ymmv

I think you'll be fine. My wd started when I got up to 200mg oxy but everyone is different. My advice- stop now why you can. Opiates are not a drug you can do often without getting a bigger habit then graduating to h

Yeah it sounds like your one of the lucky ones OP. You are able to do oxy one day and put it down for a few and not be craving it and dope sick. I would keep it that way if possible, that is hard for most people that like oxy to do. I had a few friends who would only do roxys/OCs back when I still did them everyday, who could do like 10 30mg roxys one day and then not even think about doing more for weeks, then just do large amounts every 1-2 weeks on occasion and never fully got addicted like I and most people do, they would usually just smoke weed or take some benzos on the days they didn't do oxy, or some did nothing at all in between oxy benders. For me though, after I did my first 15mg of roxy up the nose, I was in love! I couldn't get enough after that, I was doing like 100+mgs of it a day a month later, then just kept doing more and more. When those became to expensive for me I like a lot of other people switched to H as a cheaper alternative and got addicted to slamming H. I couldn't hold a steady job, and ended up pawning every nice thing I owned just to keep from being sick. That's when I really knew I was screwed and needed to get off that shit. I got on subs and took them for like a month, then relapsed and continued on the sub/relapse cycle for the next couple years. I finally was able to stick to subs at a certain point and i still did dope like once every 5-8 months if i had a lot of money and someone had some real good shit around me. I haven't done anything but sub as far as opioids go for like 8 months now, but still now i am addicted to subs! So what i am saying is oxy addiction can be a sneaky bitch, one minute you just do it for fun here and there, the next you start getting physically ill and mentally addicted too, and feel like you will do anything for a pill. I hope for your sake you can manage oxy as you have been but don't be surprised if you wake up sick one day... be careful with those things!