• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP - psood0nym

Dondante

Bluelighter
I am sorry to share that a friend and valued member of the Bluelight community, psood0nym, died unexpectedly on Sunday, Aug. 21. The exact cause of death is under investigation. We will miss his intellect, his curiosity, and his willingness to think deeply about issues from philosophy to the phenomenology of the psychedelic drug experience. He authored some of the most fascinating trip reports ever written, communicating the incommunicable through the use of poetry and metaphor.

He will be sorely missed.

What terrible news.

His DPT report is something I send to friends to show the calibre of minds we have the pleasure of enjoying here at Bluelight. He was also one who took harm reduction very seriously, without ever being preachy.

We've all marvelled at the ineffable, but only a few manage to actually eff it. Psood0nym was one of them.

I've read his posts for years. He will be very missed. Blessings to him and the family.

Oh man. This is terrible news.
What a massive loss to the bluelight community.
My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Damnit bluelight, stop this

Rest in peace, dude. ?

Fucking double today. This is another huge loss to the community. We weren't close and I don't think we ever spoke at any length but his intellect and ability to describe and discuss the exceedingly abstractities of drugs and articulate them were unparalleled. He'll be missed, and my prayers are with him and his family.

Wow, heavy sigh :( His presence will definitely be missed by my reading eyes.

This man's posts were ones I always eagerly read. He was brilliant, insightful and unbelievably well read without ever being preachy (though he often knew much more than many he was conversing with). His views on everything from the mysteries (and science) of consciousness to practical models of harm reduction have always inspired me to think and question. We have quite a few teachers (as defined by what they have to offer and not necessarily by a real life profession) here in the Bluelight community but psood0nym was one of my favorites because, like every good teacher, he inspired me to reach beyond my own beliefs. It seems impossible that a mind so deep, fearless, inquisitive and lively could be extinguished. I will choose to believe it continues on in some mysterious way though I can hear his own clearheaded, gentle explanation of the science that refutes this possibility. He would probably be too polite to call my wishful thinking "wishful thinking". I am really going to miss his contributions to interesting conversations here on Bluelight, especially in P&S.

I loved his creativity, clarity, humor, and the depth and breadth of his interests. I consistently looked forward to his posts and will deeply miss them. Best wishes to his friends and family.

psood0nym was the first person to send me a pm here and i remember being intimidated while trying to write a response. it was clear he had far more knowledge of the topic than I.

very sad to read this. :(

Again, this is fucked. Psood was one of those blazingly intelligent humans, deft with words and ideas, a truly engaging communicator. The word 'verbose' was made for him, but everything he wrote was worthwhile and thoughtful. I am truly saddened to hear about this.

RIP friend <3

Damn... I remember him as one of our cherished PD frequents. Sorry to hear this :(