• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Bluelight Photography Contest Round 383: Fauna, Flora, & Fungi [closed]

vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
This round's theme is Fauna, Flora, and/or Fungi, suggested by Bearlove.

MrRoot

30dkwvp.jpg

swilow

llSr5fp.jpg

Kaden_Nite

It1NO8K.jpg

socko

iGeQKQ1.png

sigmond

hhf8g18.jpg

spacejunk

UXfIUa5.jpg

hydroazuanacaine

tumblr_ocu1suAPRc1u9yecko1_1280.jpg

Bearlove

DSC_9535_Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^Kicking back. Nice. :)

I thought I'd enter something that is relevant. Its a photo of one of the leaders of the local Amanita Muscaria colony. Photo taken on my phone in Melbourne, 2016.

^ is that a vulture or a buzzard or something?

I found this fascinating fungus whilst picking shrooms in the forest in South Western Australia

What about raptor Jesus? I like him. You don't hear about him much these days.

Sigmond, that condor was stern and majestic, I liked it. :) And Sj, I enjoyed the flying saucer log alien you discovered.

swilow said:
Sigmond, that condor was stern and majestic, I liked it.
Thanks! though apologies; i think that is actually a Rupell's griffon vulture.
Rüppell's vulture or Rüppell's griffon vulture (Gyps rueppellii) is a large vulture that occurs throughout the Sahel region of central Africa. The current population of 30,000 is decreasing due to loss of habitat, deliberate poisoning by ivory poachers and other factors.[2] Known also as Rüppell's griffon, Rueppell's griffon, Rüppell's griffin vulture, Rueppell's vulture and other variants, Rüppell's vulture is named in honor of Eduard Rüppell, a 19th-century German explorer, collector, and zoologist.[3] Rüppell's vulture is considered to be the highest-flying bird, with confirmed evidence of a flight at an altitude of 11,300 m (37,000 ft) above sea level.[4] -- wikipedia
i would like to believe that he has taken up meditation as a means to better deal with his imprisonment but it's also quite possible that he is severely depressed and now sleeps any chance he gets.

Last edited:
It would be a shame to miss the round that I suggested

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks spacejunk :) - the place that I took this had a few dozen of these plants but they were planted separately in bags to form a small maze which was very impressive.

They're beautiful.
Great topic - i think probably most of the photos i take are of fauna, flora and/or fungi.

I have to say that I take a lot of photos of flowers and birds but I would say my number one would be architecture - I took a great photo during my last vacation of moss growing on a wall, I'll dig it out and post in the mod lounge.

I had to go with Hydro's photo - has such a 'feeling' about it. Some great photos though - good luck everyone :).

Status
Not open for further replies.