• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin withdrawal symptoms need info

strawberry69

Greenlighter
Hello, I am fairly new to blue light but I've been lurking for a couple years; sadly I cannot find an answer to my question. I have been clean off of heroin for a month now. Most of my withdrawal symptoms have subsided besides constant sneezing, dilated pupils and diarrhea. My question is, how long will my GI system be this way? One week of diarrhea was one thing but three? I can't help but to think that something is wrong. I have tried Imodium and pepto but neither seem to work/work for very long. This has happened in the past once before after detoxing but I relapsed before doing anything about it. I had detoxed many times after that but never had diarrhea. I've been taking vitamins and eating lots of fiber. I am 18 and 120 pounds. Should I wait it out and grab more medicine or should I go see a doctor?

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight :)
How big was your habit?
As far as I know it's not normal to have diarrhea for three weeks straight.
The fiber could be a cause.
And maybe the diarrhea killed your gut flora
Imo you should see a doctor, but let's wait for a few more replys, as I don't know that much about opioid withdrawal

Thank you. My habit varied, I was probably shooting up a half gram or a little less a day; so about $40 worth. I was using for roughly two years on and off.

Last edited:
It takes a while for your body to adjust to sobriety, make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids, as your condition can easily dehydrate you. If its bothersome enough, see a doc. I'd assume they'd adjust your diet..

It takes a while for your body to adjust to sobriety, make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids, as your condition can easily dehydrate you. If its bothersome enough, see a doc. I'd assume they'd adjust your diet..
Should I continue to take anything for it? Imodium, pepto; etc.

Have you been taking the immodium the entire time? It's an opioid in its self, and would explain why you're not returning to normal..

I would avoid it if you can, just so you're 100% opioid free, this will help your body restore it's natural digestive cycle quicker. Diet will probably should be your main focus here, i.e fiber intake!

^This, avoid immodium
But imo too much fiber can cause diarrhea so maybe try taking less and see what happens
And look into more natural ways to stop the diarrhea, like Saccharomyces boulardii (a species of yeast)

Why avoid Imodium ? Granted after 3 weeks it might be time to stop but it's perfect for cushioning a harsh withdrawal?

And yes go see a doctor you probably caught a stomach bug during your ad.

Traditional ways to treat diarrhoea are drinking coca cola . Eating rice. Drinking tea. And avoiding fiber and stimulants

but it's perfect for cushioning a harsh withdrawal
True. But op is past the acute wd phase, only the lingering digestive issues. The loperamide is slowing down her stomach's ability to get back to normal. Her opioid receptors in her gut are still being modulated.. albeit a small amount.

Traditional ways to treat diarrhoea are drinking coca cola
Really? never heard of this one.. I swear Bingey I learn something new from you at least once a week!

Thanks nos your recognition means a lot to me . I learned that one from my grandmother , brand name cola works the best , I don't know which herb is responsible for this effect could be the kola nut?

That's a long, long time to be experiencing symptoms like that after cessation, and your habit wasn't massive.

You should go to a doctor and make sure it isn't something else if this continues to persist.

^This, avoid immodium
But imo too much fiber can cause diarrhea so maybe try taking less and see what happens
And look into more natural ways to stop the diarrhea, like Saccharomyces boulardii (a species of yeast)
Thank you, I will try that.
That's a long, long time to be experiencing symptoms like that after cessation, and your habit wasn't massive.

You should go to a doctor and make sure it isn't something else if this continues to persist.
I'm going to try the things suggested by kleinerkiffer and bingey, maybe a few other things. If it doesn't stop in the next couple of days I will go see a doctor.

Thank you all for your replies.

its been a month and you're still having wd's from heroin? mine tend to clear up after 4-5 days, you should see a doctor

Is it possible that I could have a minor case of PAWS? I'm not just talking about the diarrhea, but the dilated pupils and sneezing also. Usually when I detox the symptoms go away rather quickly.

I would say this is still the acute phase of withdrawals this isn't that strange if you have been using for years imho.

The best thing to combat paws is not give in and go for A walk ,exercise as soon as you can.

I would say that it would be quite helpful for you to get some prebiotics and probiotics. They will help restore the natural balance of good bacteria in your GI tract. Good examples are Colostrum Lactoferrin (prebiotic) and any good probiotic with 7 or more different strains of bacteria (Solaray's Multidophilus has like 12). Taking these every day and trying some of what bingey said in an as needed approach......

Good lucky day.

Peace out, Smoke weed every day!!!!

I would say that it would be quite helpful for you to get some prebiotics and probiotics. They will help restore the natural balance of good bacteria in your GI tract. Good examples are Colostrum Lactoferrin (prebiotic) and any good probiotic with 7 or more different strains of bacteria (Solaray's Multidophilus has like 12). Taking these every day and trying some of what bingey said in an as needed approach......

Good lucky day.

Peace out, Smoke weed every day!!!!
Thank you, I've been drinking Yakult everyday. I will look for others tomorrow.