• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids to all you pepole who say fentanyl has no legs, please explain this to me

blime84

Bluelighter
So about 6 months ago i changed my primary drug from heroin to fentanyl. initially my fent dose was 5-7 mg per shot. i would mix in a tiny bit of heroin too to keep the legs people say fent lacked. As the time passed, though my fent dose per shot increased due to tolerance, i found that I did less and less doses per day. here we are today, my daily intake of opiates is down to 1 injection per 24-30 hours. The amount of fent in this injection is about 30mg, but otherwise, it keeps me well enough to where i never feel sick. even when i do my next dose i havent gotten sick yet. there have been a couple instances where i forgot to dose for about 36 hours and i think i started feeling WD but not sure because the anxiety wasnt there as i had product i just was busy with other things and forgot to dose, but i started sweating a lot and gotearly wd symptoms. it seems that with fent i need to wait about 36 hours to get wd that take about 12 -14 hours with heroin. please explain why. my only thought is my fent dose is so high, that even with a short halflife, 30mg to get expelled to a point where im sick is this thinking right? if so why didnt it work this way with heroin when my tolerance went up?

Are you sure you have pure fentanyl? Injecting mg amounts would kill most where the usual dosages are in the ug/mcg range... People who have been injecting fentanyl for a while may inject mg amounts, but only after injecting regular ug/mcg amounts first and rarely up to 30 mg as that's enough to kill at list 60 people if not 100. I have to wonder if you have heroin and bupe mixed together as 36 hours makes sense for bupenorphine while fentanyl can break through it easy... Then again the precipitated withdrawals issue not being present wouldn't make much sense

He could just have a high tolerance. I personally have done whole 100mcg/hour patches in 1 shot back in the day in the height of my worst addiction. If i had a full time supply of it i could easily see myself going up to 20mg+ in a 24 hour period.

Also as for the duration, i think you could be correct and it just takes your body a long time to expell such a large amount of fent. I always noticed with dope if my last shot was small it would wear off much faster than if i did a monster of a blast. Would be my only guess.

Since when is people saying a reliable source? Look up fentanyls Half-Life end of discussion...

Yes people like to resale after an hour that's what makes it so dangerous along with the increased respiratory depression

so yes im sure i am getting pure fent. i had a friend in a chem lab at a large university run analyisis. the last 3 batches i got were 98.1%. 97.5% and 95.4% fentanyl hcl. i also sent him some analouges just to make sure he wasnt pulling my leg since i knew what they were(FU-Fent which turned out only 80% pure but i hated it anyway so who cares, and 4isobuytrafentanyl(i thihnk thats the spelling there may be a fluro in it, which was 98% pure as well, but i didnt like either.... as for my dose. it took 6months to get to it. I started using fent about 10 months ago on occasion then i was using 2-4 mg per shot.... at the time i was using relatively pure heroin at about 1.0-1.5 grams a day. as time passed and i used fent more and more, i realized heroin just wouldnt work anymore when i ran out of fent i couldnt get well until i used a large amount of heroin, 2 or 3 shots. couldnt get high thats for sure. anyway the dose creeped up till it hit this, but on the other side of things the amount of times to use went down to as little as once every 24-36 hours.

Fentanyl is fat soluble so it'll accumulate in your fat tissue, this'll increase the time it takes for withdrawal to set in
And for everyone reading this: Fentanyl is an extremely potent opioid and many people died, cause they took a little too much. And 5-7mg is a really high dose
A normal dose for an opioid naive person is in the microgram range, like 0.1 mg

I'm very curious how Fent compares to methadone for painkilling...(?)

Not going to lie, Fent is much better than methadone. However, fent has ruined my tolerance also stated above. I literally can eat 250mgs of hydrocodone at one time for a conversion comparison and feel nothing.

Will my receptors ever heal?

I noticed thru my decade of chronic opiate use, any constant long term use of any opiate and rise of tolerance to any of those opiates, after jumping off or not being able to get it, or just forgetting to dose like stated, I think your large amount and long length of constant use, the drug is saturated in your body and will take a while longer to leave your system rather than sporatic and lower tolerant users.

In your case it may take a couple to several days til the fentanyl leaves your system. But when it does and the WD hits, you are in for a nasty one. If you are going to use a drug like buprenorphine to kick it, I would strongly advise waiting 72 hours+ before you induct.

This is just from my experience when having very high tolerance and long term use of opiates, so this is just my opinion. You say the fent is pure and not cut with a longer lasting opiate, so I took that into consideratiin when posting this.

People fentyl has a half life of 7 hours look it up..this is enough to make it accumulate in sufficient doses as the poster above me describes

The half life is dependant on roa.. I know this isn't the greatest source, but wiki says Intranasal half life is 7 minutes, compared to Transdermal half life being 20+ hours..

No it's not check wikipedia

Iv is 4_7 hours for aphamethylfentanyl effects last for an hour tops though 30 min to 60 min.

Duration of effect and halflife are not the same diazepam is the most common example for this it has to do with lipophility

10 min is more the half life of the supershort acting analogues a lack remifentanyl

Last edited:
I have an extremely high tolerance to opiates and pure fent hcl (98%).

I will tell you right now if I injected fentanyl in mg's (milligrams) I'd be DEAD. If I somehow survived, I'd have the super pukes!

Fentanyl is crazy potent and I've OD'd on this shit too many times. Easy to do.

In fact after hours after I did fentanyl I switched back to my DoC. Did my typical 2 or 3 pills of high potency oxy and this is maybe 6 hours after my last hit of fent and ...

uh huuh huphhhh Hoohhh
*flush flush flush*
huOhhWhooiJhuauhhbbbph
*flush flush flush*
Hu hu booOoJhuuuuhauh
*flush flush flush*

Then I thought to myself wow, where did all that liquid come from, hahahha.

I grew that kind of tolerance in a matter of weeks the worst part is having to response every 2/4 hours this is how I know the half life from first-hand experience.

No it's not check wikipedia
Which part of my post were you reffering to?

Bioavailability92% (transdermal)
89% (intranasal)
50% (buccal)
33% (ingestion)
Protein binding80–85%
Metabolismhepatic, primarily byCYP3A4
Onset of action5 min[1]
Biological half-lifeIV: 10–20 mins (T1/2 β)
2–4 hours (T1/2 ɣ)
Intranasal: 6.5 mins
Transdermal: 20–27 h[2]
Sublingual/buccal (single dose): 5.4–6.3 h[3]
Duration of actionIV: 30–60 minutes[4]
30–40 min[1]

Although our own Half life mega thread put IV fent at 3-12 hours..

Last edited:
It has a short half life, no euphoria really.

I suppose you did what I did in the past. I did it to save money and it worked till I overdosed.

Well I have overdosed off fent and heroin cut with fent, the latter quite a few times. Fent will fucking kill you if you are not careful and even when you are.... still dangerous.

Narcan saved my life so many times.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10451210
RESULTS:

Administration of fentanyl was tolerated by all goats. Intravenous administration of fentanyl resulted in a transitory increase in rectal temperature that was not clinically important. Terminal elimination half-life after IV administration was 1.20+/-0.78 h, volume of distribution at steady state was 1.51+/-0.39 L/kg, and systemic clearance was 2.09+/-0.62 L/kg/h. Transdermal administration of fentanyl resulted in variable plasma concentrations, with peak plasma concentrations ranging from 1.12 to 16.69 ng/ml (mean+/-SD, 6.99+/-6.03 ng/ml) and time to peak concentration ranging from 8 to 18 hours (mean+/-SD, 13+/-4.5 hours). After removal of the transdermal patch, mean+/-SD terminal elimination half-life was 5.34+/-5.34 hours.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8319480
RESULTS:

After the use of fentanyl by long-term infusion, the volume of distribution at steady state was increased 15.2 L/kg (range 5.1 to 30.5) and the terminal elimination half-life was prolonged 21.1 hrs (range 11.2 to 36.0) compared with previous studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3090376/
The half-life is up to 65 minutes when given by intranasal route. Pharmacokinetic comparisons have been made between intranasal fentanyl and other routes of administration, such as transmucosally administered fentanyl. Transmucosal fentanyl has a decreased bioavailability and area under the curve compared with intranasal fentanyl. The half-life of transmucosal fentanyl is longer than intranasal fentanyl. Compared with intravenous fentanyl, the intranasal route has a slower onset of action. The half-life of the intravenous route is longer than that of the intranasal route.

The half-life is up to 65 minutes when given by intranasal route.
wiki had IN at 6.5 minutes, do you think it's a typo on wiki's end? Just accidentally adding the decimal?