Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DOM & DOB - First Time

flower312

Greenlighter
So yesterday my boyfriend R aquired quite a few tabs of 1.5 mg tabs of DOB and 2.5 mg tabs of DOM and we decided to bring it over to a friends house and just give them out and all take them together. In total there was 5 of us, A took 2 hits of DOB and R took 1 1/2 hits of DOB, S took 3 hits of DOM and K took 2 hits of DOM, and I decided to do a little experiment on myself I wasn't having much luck finding any reports on mixing the two or if it's even safe or not and I decided to do 1 1/2 hits of DOB and 3 hits of DOM. Everyone had a blast A hadn't slept in 2 days before and just layed there mumbling all night R kept trying to go drive and had lots of energy (found out you can swallow the tabs and avoid the taste and it works), and me it took 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours to really start feeling effects(I ingested my dose at 4:50 pm) there was a buzz in my body kinda similar to mda I had enhanced touch colors were enhanced the ceiling and wall did the crawling thing and it was pretty amazing I watched my friends play overwatch and the colors and fast pace of the game felt so intense I could feel it I'd have to look away because sometimes it was too much going on. I watched flower petals fall off of a painting in front of me the visual effects lasted almost until 6 am but I still felt awake for 2-3 more hours. The only problem I had is I'm a small female 95 lbs and I think I did too much of both because I struggled with pretty fucking bad vasoconstriction the entire night and I hadn't eaten all day before hand and dry heaved a whole lot. I'd like to find out in the future what vasodialator might help my next experience with either of the two more enjoyable because today my heart hurts and I still have slight tightness in my extremities. Overall good experience for everyone!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dom
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
substancecode_dob
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
L-arginine (an amino acid) taken before will help the vasoconstriction considerably, as it's a vasodilator. Also magnesium is supposed to be helpful though I haven't tried it. I get vasoconstriction from DOXs too. DOC is one of my very favorite drugs (I like it considerably better than DOB or DOM), and when I take 2-2.5mg I don't notice it, but at 3mg or more it can be quite noticeable... my inside elbow vein (whatever that's called) can become tight so it pulls slightly when I fully extend may arm, it's a creepy feeling. L-arginine counteracts that.

Looking at that dose, that's 2.25mg DOB + 7.5mg DOM, I would call that an overdose... you pretty much took the near maximum dose of both drugs.

Yeah not sure why I didn't point that out back in 2016. That's too much!

It could be worse. According to Alexander Shulgin in PiHKAL, the initial "STP" DOM pills that were distributed contained 20 mg each and later were dropped down to still 10 mg each. Those pills were infamous for putting people in the hospital for bad trips because they thought they were LSD and would take several and/or take more when it wasn't coming up as fast as they expected, but to my knowledge no one died or lost any limbs.

I think the fact that a drug like DOC for instance can have noticeable vasoconstriction even at relatively low dosages yet mostly seems still quite safe even at the many much higher dosages people have taken before suggests that there is still a lot of room between vasoconstriction that is uncomfortable and that that is dangerous. I've heard of many two-digit milligram DOC trips but the only one I ever recall hearing about an amputation with was one on the Shroomery where someone lost some toes after taking over 100 mg over the course of three days as well as combining it with larger dosages of something like at least three other phenethylamine psychedelics simultaneously.

I wish I could remember who it was specifically they spoke to, but someone on that forum many years ago also posted a short conversation they had with one of the more popular scientific chemists of today through an online medium, I just can't remember confidently who it was. They asked them a few questions about drugs and one of them was about DOB and the response was that they thought that a dosage of 5 mg was probably perfectly safe. I intended to push it myself to help prove that but honestly, it's not the vasoconstriction that makes you hesitate to push DOB. The thought of tripping on that much DOB is just intimidating as hell.

I remember that, I definitely read their posts about it online, I think it was on a different forum. If I recall it was estimated at 120mg of DOC.

I do consider the DOXs quite safe, and they have a very wide therapeutic index. But they're also very powerful drugs and one needs to be careful. Some people definitely shouldn't have access to a gram of powder of any of them, you have to understand what you have, use volumetric dosing, and be respectful of them. But provided you do that, they're lovely drugs that I consider to be safe.

According to Alexander Shulgin in PiHKAL, the initial "STP" DOM pills that were distributed contained 20 mg each and later were dropped down to still 10 mg each. Those pills were infamous for putting people in the hospital for bad trips because they thought they were LSD and would take several and/or take more when it wasn't coming up as fast as they expected, but to my knowledge no one died or lost any limbs.

Yeah that whole thing always blows my mind. I wonder if the people distributing those doses were crazy trippers who had massive tolerance and forgot that everyone else doesn't... because how the fuck else would someone have made the decision to distribute DOM in 20mg doses? That's WAYY too much. So it 10mg for a single dose, considering people are used to taking more than one dose.

DOM seems to be an odd one though, in terms of how sensitive to it people are. I have seen multiple people over the years on Bluelight reporting on 2.5mg trips being strong and fulfilling, 5mg being too strong, stuff like that. But some people, like me, seem to be naturally hardheaded. I've taken 10mg ad I found it underwhelming still, it felt like it never quite fully developed.

On the other hand, DOC (and the other halogenated DOXs) seem to pretty consistently produce the effects they produce at around the same dose for different people. At least that's what I seem to have noticed over the years.

5mg DOM was nice, I pushed with 80mcg LSD at the tail end. That was beautiful, absolutely swimming in visual delicacy.