Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4AcO-DMT 20mg - 1st time - “Bad reaction"

Sir Ron Pib

Bluelighter
Psilacetin (4AcO-DMT)
I wasn?€™t looking forward to this, since I so dislike mushrooms (and won?€™t take them) and this looked too close; in fact the theory was it was a prodrug for psilocin, yet again and again it is claimed it is different to psilocybin/psilocin (ie the 4Ac0 has some intrinsic activity*) and this variance meant even of the people who really dislike mushrooms some were saying this was worth a go. My girlfriend who is ok with shrooms tried it some weeks before at 15mg and found it close but distinct to psilocybin/psilocin; she said it was strong but somewhat hollow compared to mushrooms; lacking in their organic shamanic power and rulebook.
(20mg) I Wasn?€™t expecting this to taste nice but there was something really rank and off about it; it came on pretty hard within 15 minutes; vertigo, queasy, woozy and the numb anaesthesia ?€“ it?€™s been a while and I hadn?€™t remembered how unpleasant a mushroom come up is. Within the next ten minutes there were some visual changes and I felt sick and weak.
I lie down and try to relax into it since I am in it now, there?€™s bolts of anaesthesia and paraesthesia .
The effects, whilst close to psilocybin, are cleaner, the colouring seems lighter. There is certainly a visual element but closing my eyes it all seemed rather empty; mushroom space seems populated with critters of various sorts; this is simpler or abstract. There is a whirring, jigging and changes of pitch and an effect of swooping changes of direction, P. Semilanceata is meant to contain around +/-10mg psilocybin per gram so 20mg of this should comparable be a pretty modest 2g dose of liberty caps; probably about right but it is actually different enough that such a comparison isn?€™t easy.
Suddenly it all seems to calm down only an hour in, I get up and make a drink for my girlfriend who?€™s returned from work.
I feel drunk, unfocussed, unsteady on my feet with a slouched posture and slightly slurred perhaps monotone voice; I am heavy, tired and there is continuing muscle weakness, it isn?€™t quite as heavy as mushrooms but it has all the same side effects; although for example the yawning that drives me mad is less.
I feel not much good for anything but lying about; it keeps coming back a bit ?€“ as a lethargic drunkenness. No other psilocybin type analog is anywhere as near as close as this but it definitely isn?€™t the same. It has the same rapid crescendo that falls off before any promise is met, then one is left feeling somewhat out of it and like a sack of potatoes. It?€™s a bit clearer/cleaner but it is all there; psychologically it was easier, less complex, less twee and dark which could be in it?€™s favour over mushrooms and avoid some pitfalls like the double bind, but it feels like I just sit it out now.
I chat and do a few bits then start to stagger about near losing balance close to falling ?€“ I feel very close to black out so climb towards the bed holding on to things as I go; I have collapsed and blacked out on shrooms before ?€“ everything is closing in and I feel terrible. Several times I feel I might loose consciousness and feel ill. I check the clock in confusion ?€“ it?€™s only perhaps 2.15hr in ?€“ can that be right? The time dilation is huge ?€“ I thought I was in repair. I don?€™t know what?€™s going on. I feel ill and totally fuddled. About 10 minutes later my girlfriend comes lie with me; I?€˜ve been trying to relax but writhing in discomfort and been having spasms and jolts running through me; rapid clenches and twitches. I?€™d assumed this stuff safe; perhaps I?€™ve discovered ill timed, an underlying condition? There again some how psilocybin itself doesn?€™t sit right physically or psychologically. Are the spasms psychological? I don?€™t feel panicked but sort of absently concerned. A few minutes of this I take 1mg etizolam and in 10 minutes I?€™m in a better place and the jerking stops. After this I lay about ?€“ listen to the radio in a few hours the etiz starts to decline and I am less comfortable, but it mostly gone and probably lasted 7hrs or so.

*Many will put forward the fact that mushrooms contain baeocystin/norbaeocystin; a problem being the quantities are pretty trival and activity essentially inconclusive; it is also hard to see psilocin as chemically enabling these side products activity by the oral route, so pending any better evidence being forthcoming I assume it fairly plausable psilocin is really and active component in fungal material and the consistently notable difference with 4AcO- being more down to its intrinsic action, in concert with psilocin (as a metabolised product) than having much to do with the natural monomemethylated psilocin/psilocybin analogs but of course this is conjecture.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4acodmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely seems mushrooms, and some chemicals closely related, are not for you.

I've always loved tripping, but only on phens and LSD. Mushrooms and 4-aco-dmt were always horrible experiences for me. Id feel sick physically while on them and the trip is always bad (and not in the productive bad way - just entirely unpleasant start to finish. You seem a bit like me in that regard.

I don't know what your experience with other tryptamines have been like, but if you haven't sampled many, don't write them all off simply because you don't like mushrooms and 4-aco-dmt. I almost made that mistake but eventually I discovered there are some tryptamines I absolutely love: AMT and 5-meo-mipt are two that instantly come to mind.

Yeah that’s exactly it, hit the nail on the head - also why I posted the moclobecybin TR for comparison/history. Again like you other tryptamines are fine - aMT and 5Me0-MIPT not particularly I have to say but plenty are very good