Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom ~5g - Novice (Veteran of opiates) - EXTREME nostalgia/thankfulness

Negrus Maximus

Greenlighter
Hello BL fam,

So, about 2 months ago I decided to get back into using heroin again after being clean since Jan. 2014.... very stupid. It didn't take long for it to start doing damage to my life and make my friends/family suspicious, so I started looking for an exit. I remember hearing about Kratom at the last rehab I was at so I decided to investigate.

First of all, this stuff is great. I found myself in withdrawal in front of a local smokeshop waiting for it to open so I could buy whatever Kratom they had. I was very skeptical, but I was pleasantly surprised. About 6g of "Royal Kratom's Vietnam" completely KO'd the withdrawal symptoms.

So now I would like to get to the real point of this thread: The emotions I feel on a moderate dose (~5g) of "Kratom Horn".

The best way to describe this is an intense feeling of good nostalgia. Just the other day, I was about 1.5 hours into a dose and decided to put on my 90's music. A flood of memories came to me, which is normal, but the emotions I was experiencing were much stronger. I was thinking about an ex, some really close friends, fun parties, basically the last half of my life with a thankfulness that almost made me cry.

Normally thinking about this particular ex-girlfriend would get me somewhat depressed.. but this state of consciousness due to the Kratom made me grateful that I was able to experience those four years with that girl. (Even though the end of that relationship was extremely painful)

So, I like this stuff and my first bulk batch from an online vendor should be here tomorrow. I'm not all tore back and nodding out like I was on heroin... but I think I like this mild high much better.

Anywho, this is my first post on BL. I look forward to the discussions to follow with all of you.

Cheers,
-N. Maximus

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_kratom
substancecode_opiates
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, welcome to Bluelight. :) That's good kratom worked for you given you were dependent on heroin, and at normal (even lowish) dosages too. Many people report it doesn't get them high when they're on strong opiates. Personally, kratom was the first opiate I ever got into, and my early experiences with it remain my favorite opiate experiences of all time, including pretty much all of them. It quickly progressed to addiction, I took it daily (multiple times a day after a while, culminating in 3-5 times per day, 30-50 grams a day basically) for 7 years, after which I switched to poppy tea which I loved even more since kratom had stopped working basically except to get rid of withdrawals. 3 more years of that and I finally got off opiates with ibogaine and I haven't looked back.

I guess my point is, kratom is addictive too so just watch out. It eventually brought me to really bad places. Though you're certainly better off on kratom than heroin.

Hey, welcome to Bluelight. :) That's good kratom worked for you given you were dependent on heroin, and at normal (even lowish) dosages too. Many people report it doesn't get them high when they're on strong opiates. Personally, kratom was the first opiate I ever got into, and my early experiences with it remain my favorite opiate experiences of all time, including pretty much all of them. It quickly progressed to addiction, I took it daily (multiple times a day after a while, culminating in 3-5 times per day, 30-50 grams a day basically) for 7 years, after which I switched to poppy tea which I loved even more since kratom had stopped working basically except to get rid of withdrawals. 3 more years of that and I finally got off opiates with ibogaine and I haven't looked back.

I guess my point is, kratom is addictive too so just watch out. It eventually brought me to really bad places. Though you're certainly better off on kratom than heroin.
When did you first try it and was this in the US?

My understanding of its history is that it has been used in Asia for a long time, but it is just gaining traction in the US.

I used it (yes, in the US) first in 2003. I found some at a random head shop, and decided to try it. I researched it online and found a single trip report. At the time you could only get crushed leaf, and the only preparation method I found was the traditional brewing method (which by the way seems to work better, a slightly higher dose but better effects, you discard the leaf and only drink the liquid). I tried it that first time and found it better than any opiate I had tried, in fact it was the first I felt more than "meh" about an opiate. Years after that, it got really popular in the US,nowadays it's everywhere. We have a kratom and kava bar in my town and every head shop sells a huge variety of branded powdered kratom.

Thanks X,

Yeah I know that anything that hits my opiate receptors can put me in withdrawal, but my life (especially my work habits) are so much better on kratom instead of heroin.

So for now, I only need two 3-4g doses a day to maintain and I've already noticed that the less I use, the more impact each dose has on me.

I'm going to whittle my doses down so I can go without it, that way I can really get a good buzz when I decide to partake.

Again, thanks for the support. I enjoy reading the forums on here and adding my $0.02 when I have something to contribute.

Hi phroyo you can't admit relapse then you rip negrogesics handle

Hey! Like you, I discovered Kratom during horrible opiate withdrawal and it stopped it immediately. I've been using sparingly for 2 weeks now. I think you have the right idea...it can be great when used in moderation and it seems to keep my cravings for harder opiates in check. I think my life is going to be totally different from here on out because my opiate addiction has caused massive damage in my life!
Anyway, good luck and congrats on kicking heroin!

Hey! Like you, I discovered Kratom during horrible opiate withdrawal and it stopped it immediately. I've been using sparingly for 2 weeks now. I think you have the right idea...it can be great when used in moderation and it seems to keep my cravings for harder opiates in check. I think my life is going to be totally different from here on out because my opiate addiction has caused massive damage in my life!
Anyway, good luck and congrats on kicking heroin!

Yeah, the honeymoon phase is over with. It still works but I don't find myself fiendin' for it like dope or pills. I'm even down to one dose a day.

I did try some PST and was unimpressed with the results, 4g of red vein Maeng Da hits harder.

Anywho... thanks for replying.