2016-2017 NBA thread v.

subotai

Bluelighter
dont sleep on my Sixers this year

3 seasons of misery are coming to a close this year, CALLING IT

Ben Simmons and Dario Saric,

1/2 in Rookie of the Year voting

CALLING IT

whos dario saric you might be asking right now?

he's the Croatian Sensation. he's ben simmons but in European form. he's basically the coolest thing to come out of the Balkans since the squatting slavs meme

and hes a fucking 76er.

I think we can all agree Ben Simmons has some talent -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZuydq5lzo

Joel Embiid, either he does something this year or he better start learning how to speak Mandarin

Jahlil Okafor, should be traded tbh

Nerlens Noel, possible Defensive Player of the Year candidate, that's right. SAY SOMETHIN

whats up bromos, its fucking BASKEYBALL TIME

this is the worst olympic team since 2004 IMO. I still think they beat Croatia by double digits in the final though.

thats right, Croatia, silver medal. Dario. Saric. aka, the guy the Sixers traded Elfrid Payton for. aka, my newest Man Crush (it's a thing)

I dont know whether he should be playing point forward or torturing James Bond but my god am I pumped for this season

BASKEYBALL

Playoffs :)

You know you're on your way when you get a Christmas game... lol

Things are about to change

Ok Dario saric is NOT a Croatian ben Simmons but Joel embiid is definitely on his way to rookie of the year

He just needs more minutes

I wish Anthony Davis could get a little help. He'd be better in Charlotte, back with MKG where he belongs.

Ok Dario saric is NOT a Croatian ben Simmons but Joel embiid is definitely on his way to rookie of the year

He just needs more minutes
Embiid "The Process" lol. He's got bum feet dude, otherwise maybe rookie of the year. There isn't much of a pool to choose from this year anyway.

He's a fucking problem bro. Watch him play you'll see what I mean

He shoots a better FT % than most 1-3 players

Absolute monster on D

Good post moves

Great rebounder

Moves quickly enough for his size. He's no deandre jordan, but he times a lot of actions so well that he doesn't have to be a freak of nature to be effective

I'm so glad they got him instead of Andrew Wiggins

hashdeck-com.gif

CLEVELAND WE DiD IT!!

Embiid:

25 mins
6-12 fgs
18 pts
6-9 fts
10 reb
3 ast
4 blks

fuckin problem yo say somethin. Not to mention you can't put his defensive presence into a box score

sixers still lost though can't wait for Simmons to start playing

Not gonna lie I'm a huge Thaddeus Young fan. The fact that he went to the pacers made me a big pacers fan.

He's no Paul George, but he'll give you a lite version of Paul George's stat line every game.

Not a problem in the locker room or media, can play sf or pf, can shoot 3s, team first mentality, I fucking love Thad young

And the more I think about it, Lance Stephenson is really fucking talented. Him and tyreke Evans really are the same player, just totally different attitudes, at least what I pick up in the small window the press can give us.

It's a shame because they'd both be first team all 1v1 players but until they change the rules which I don't see happening ever, they just get in the way of the overall team focus.

Until the NBA decides games by the number of free throws attempted or ankles broken or no look passes, they're just going to be poster childs of players who play the game beautifully but not effectively.

Jason Williams shit

I think I loved the players more than the team. The dream team, George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West, and Roy Hibbert. slowly stopped watching pacers more and more after the band parted ways. That team had so much chemistry together which is such a big deal in basketball especially. Stephenson has really struggled to fit with anyone else.

Predictions for this year

MVP- Russell Westbrook
Defensive PoY- Anthony Davis
Rookie of the Year- Joel Embiid
Most Improved Player- TJ Warren
Coach of the Year- Dwane Casey

Eastern Conference Finals- Cavs over Raptors

Western Conference Finals- Warriors over Spurs

Finals- Warriors over Cavs

Shout outs to: Eric Bledsoe, KJ McDaniels, Thad Young, Jerami Grant, Ish Smith, Bradley Beal

And as much as it pains me to say this, someone once said to me

"Tony Wroten is the kind of player you don't mind watching so long as he's on the other team. I give him 3 years before he's playing in China"

And he's out of the NBA at the moment.

But you don't understand how much he meant to the team during those horrible, HORRIBLE years of draft lottery dominance.

I may not have much to brag about, but I fucking love the 76ers, and I'll be forever grateful for Tony's services in that dark period

if Roy Hibbert ever hit his true plateau that team coulda won the ECF imo

I love the warriors but it's so hard to like them these days because everyone is a fucking warriors fan and I actually crave being different.

It was cool before they won the championship but now it's a tad too many hands cupping their balls.

And call me crazy but, might want to be sitting down for this,

If the warriors win another chip...

Andre Iguodala...

Hall of Famer?

Laughable to most but I'd fuckin vote for him.

2 rings, finals MVP, solid career, why the hell not

I'd put him in over Carmelo 10/10 days of the week.

Unless they made a selfish one way player hall of fame that I wasn't aware of

I feel like Derrick Rose could have a Lifetime movie written about his career

So much promise, so much explosiveness, so much to root for, so little jump shot

He was the next AI they said

*disclaimer* derrick rose was NOT the next AI

He was the man to restore chicago to glory after the Michael Jordan era they said

That's kind of plausible

And he blows his knee out against the 76ers in the playoffs. And my man Andre Niguodala hits the two clinching free throws in the series to send the bulls packin

Just something I thought of earlier

God the Knicks are pedestrian

They might win a game or two, butt seriously, thanks for coming out. Nice little team to lose in the first round of the playoffs

I love how everyone is all on James Hardens dick now that he leads the league in assists not even a dozen games into a season and still puts up 30 a game

Sweet dude, it's a Mike D'Antoni team, is be more surprised if he WASNT putting those numbers up

Scoring points is never the problem on these D'Antoni teams.

The major flaw is, and always will be, the other team gets the ball back after you score.

And they play about as much defense as the local rec game at the YMCA down the street.

James Harden has always been able to score points. He's always been able to get to the foul line. He's always had the ability to dish the ball and now he has the pieces around him to actually make it worth his while

But when you're down by a possession with 30 seconds left in an elimination game of a playoff series and you need a stop, how high on your confidence scale is a James Harden led team coached by Mike D'Antoni?

The only thing saving them to a certain extent is KJ Mcaniels.

aka KJ McDefense

aka, my man crush of the process era 76ers

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Trevor Ariza, but in this situation, fuck Trevor Ariza.

I think the Rockets could and probably should finish in the top 2 out west in the regular season, but would it shock me for them to have a 2nd round playoff exit?

Fuck now. I'd put money I don't have on that happening

All seriousness though, I thought Mike D'Antoni was Canadian for the longest time

It may or may not be public knowledge that my favorite nba player is John Wall but he's been catching some heat lately over nothing really IMO.

I really don't know why I am such a fan of his tbh. Maybe it's because he puts off a vibe of someone that puts out no effort but still averages 20 and 10 a night.

Maybe it's because he is the least intense but still effective defender I've ever seen (if that makes sense, he saves his energy for offense but still manages to play defense)

Maybe it's because he is the fastest guy on the court yet always looks like he's really not expending any effort.

I think that's part of the problem, he has a somewhat lackadaisical demeanor and spectators want to see people giving 110% in an activity 99.9% of the world could never dream of being able to be a part of

It doesn't mean he's not trying, it just means he could probably try a little harder

I don't know which is worse, someone that gives their all and just isn't good enough, or someone who isn't good enough because they don't give their all.

I guess from a morality standpoint, it would be the latter

But from a strictly fan standpoint, the end result is the same, but only one of those things can actually be changed, and again it is the latter.

Idk, I think some random shit sometimes and need somewhere to get it down on record and blue light fits that criteria rather nicely.

Bradley Beal needs to step it up or he's on the fast track to my axis of evil.

The entire Los Angeles Lakers roster and fan base

--> axis of evil

Evan Turner, just re-elected president of my --> axis of evil

Iman Shunperts hair styles

--> Vice President of axis of evil

Dion Waiters, my undercover agent in the, axis of evil

Jahlil Okafor at the foul line,
50% of the time in my axis of evil

Female refs in the NBA, axis of evil

People who bitch about the 3pt line, axis of evil

People who bitch about the game changing from big-centric to guard centric, axis of evil retirement home

Anyone who doesn't get this reference... axis of evil

They are a very good team, and if they stay healthy, possible conference finals appearance.

But I could also see them losing in the first round.

Their bench isn't as horrendous as years past. J Crossover is always capable of being a spark off the bench

We'll see

Yes our bench is looking solid with speights and Felton
Griff is looking like Griff cp3 doing his assist thing... Jamal looked good against the thunder.

Now we need to stay healthy

last time i cared about the NBA i was a celtic fan and their starting 5 was:
1: kenny anderson
2: erik williams
3: paul pierce
4: antoine walk-KAHHHH
5: tony battie

let's go sixers