• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2016-2017 NBA thread v.

I hope not. I want the Cavs to win, but I just don't know. If Lebrons supporting cast can step up to the challenge, I think they have a good chance.

I'm pulling for the Cavs. LeBron is going to have to play the best series of his career for them to repeat. Some help from the supporting cast will be crucial too. I think JR Smith will be the xfactor for the cavs. He can come off the bench and score some points. The cavs only advantage is there depth.

I have a feeling Klay Thompson might wake up and have a game where he drops 40, and that'll help the Warriors win a game. Probably at home though.

two pretty convincing wins by the warriors and they lead 2-0. any updates?

you think cleveland can win 4 in a row mal3volent?

alasdair

Sure they can. They did last year. Will they though? Doesn't seem likely with that chip on KDs shoulder.

not to mention steph moved on Lebron like a bitch last night.

I'm a cavs fan, it doesn't look too good. Obviously. But, I hope they win at least one game.

Game 5 predictions?

I want the Cavs to squeak out a win just so we can see an epic game 6 in Cleveland. The Warriors have got to be hoping they don't have to go back there.

I should be a bigger fan of this Warriors team than I actually am but I just dont know how to feel about it

I give them props for being a great team, but not as much as I would to other teams because I expected nothing less from them. If they didnt win the title then people would roast them. Kind of a lose / lose. But rings are rings, and KD finally has one.

The Warriors could easily win 3 out of the next 5 titles. The only thing that could trip them up is if Klay Thompson decides to go off on his own and be a featured player (he would fit in real nicely in Philly ftr). Even that is possible to get over.

And idk, I just feel indifferent towards the Warriors now. They are that good, but they should be that good you know. Who gives a shit.

Now, we get to see the Cavs probably panic trade Kevin Love and go for someone like Paul George or Jimmy Butler if they want to get back in the driver's seat but we shall see what they try to do.

Either way, I just want draft day to get here

I actually jumped on in 2013 before it was cool

Always been a KD fan.

Now, it's almost too much

im not a warriors fan but I'm an Iguodala, KD, Klay Thompson, and Marc Jackson fan

so, yeah

I still am back there LOL'ing at the 76`ers you like so you just keep me LOL'ing. It's great. Thank you

Not a fan of trading up to get Markelle Fultz

The Celtics weren't going to draft him at 1 anyway and we could have just stayed at 3 and took whoever was left of Fultz or Ball.

Nothing about Fultz screams star to me. People use the whole "well Ben Simmons played for a bad team too!" argument as some kind of excuse why it's no big deal that Washington was absolutely terrible at basketball this year but that's not entirely true.

LSU was 19-14 and almost made the tournament.

Washington was 9-22 and only got wins over equally horrible teams.

Not for nothing, but defense was completely optional in the Pac-12 this year. Can't help but feel like that made Fultz look a little better to scouts.

Not much I can do about it but hope I'm wrong, but my first reaction to trading either the Lakers pick next year or the Kings 2019 pick to move up 2 spots in the draft to take Markelle Fultz:

NSFW:
yNlQWRM.jpg

There's a mystique to west coast teams for some reason. It's been that way for a while. Golden State and the Balls have made it worse.

I would laugh at the 76ers and the Lakers taking Fultz and Ball 1 and 2, but its just too sad. Four teams passed on Fox...really?\

At least Monk is in Charlotte now. I wasn't expecting him to last that long. If the Hornets can't have a decent season now, with Walker, Howard, Monk, Kaminsky, MKG, etc...

Last edited:
i think the cp3 trade was good for us. we got some good bench players and beverly. we lost crawford and jj reddick my favorite clippers =(

but we got tredosic which is really good for us..