• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2016-2017 NBA thread v.

The Rockets would be an interesting team to see in the Finals but id give them no chance against the Cavs

it's Cavs/Warriors. I feel more comfortable saying that then last year, considering the Thunder probably should have went to the Finals last year

in honor of Two_in_the_pink's worthless analysis of Sixer fans, here are my top 10 favorite Sixers (that I watched play)

10. Reggie Evans
reggie.jpg

9. Andre Miller
six_080424_miller_180.jpg

8. Lou Williams
nba_g_williams01_200.jpg

7. Jrue Holiday
jrue.jpg

6. Thaddeus Young
thaddeus-young.jpg

5. Tony Wroten
tony-wroten-of-the-philadelphia-76ers-attempts-a-layup-with-josh-of-picture-id458250570

4. Dikembe Mutombo
Mutombo-Sixers.jpg

3. Joel Embiid
hi-res-57b44a84987b07603a5a2df726c7de43_crop_north.jpg

Joel is well on his way to becoming #1 to be honest. As good as the top 2 guys were, they never won championships here. I actually believe this guy has a chance to. Most potential in the NBA, fuck Giannis.

2. Andre Iguodala
d2b90e2b130f80ed17c3f940627aa08e.jpg

Had so many memorable moments here. Was easily the 2nd most explosive player in the NBA since he entered the league (after LeBron). Kind of a weird guy off the court who had a bad habit of saying the most awkward and uncomfortable things to the media. Brings up slavery a lot. But this is about on the court stuff (as clearly evidenced by my number 1 player)

1. Allen Iverson
allen_iverson_rookie.jpg

Russell Westbrook before there was Russell Westbrook. And he wasnt even 6 feet tall. If you didnt get to watch this guy play than I really cant do much justice to describe the sheer entertainment you would find from watching their games. Developed a persona of laziness (practice?), but you could never say he didnt show up for the games. Played injured a lot of times as well. People in Philly love AI because he was who he was, and didnt care if it offended you. Almost single-handedly caused the NBA to enact a dress code on its players due to one of its superstars routinely doing interviews in a white t shirt (or this gem:
NSFW:
GettyImages-1693140.jpg

His response to critics of his personality was to just keep scoring, keep winning. The 2001 team had no business even being in the conference finals, let alone stealing game 1 against the Lakers. AI will be my #1 favorite until the next championship, thats an easy thing to stand by. Unfortunately, he didnt win a championship, whoever you want to blame for that.

And Im sorry but isnt that the whole point of playing? To win? That's why Iverson is only there by default. And why Embiid could wind up at #1

say what you want about the past few seasons, but I've been there. I'm always going to be here.

see a lot of Simmons t shirts around and its just like ok, nice shirt kid. Do you remember when JaKarr Sampson started at PG for us? Didnt think so

when the Sixers win a championship my snob level is going to be at a million

Last edited:
maybe if I had like 30 kids and always looked like I just left a BLM protest. AI is always trying to be the "intellectual thug" look thing that a lot of ex-NBA players go for

Cavs over Raptors in 4
Warriors over Jazz in 5
Spurs over Rockets in 6
Wizards over Celtics in 7

Its been a long time coming for John Wall to make the conference finals

alg-john-wall-gilbert-arenas-jpg.jpg

Damn I was killing it in this thread until I said that Hollis Thompson was a better player than Robert Covington. Roco is a good defender, I just hate being wrong about players so hopefully they move him so I can blame it on circumstance when he becomes the prototypical 3&D wing in the NBA

Rockets having a potential 2nd round exit due to poor defense?

i don't even feel proud for calling that, that was a pretty obvious prediction to make

Dario Saric became a Croatian Ben Simmons.

John Wall killin it

James Harden is basically what I thought Tyreke Evans would become

I got banned from a forum that will remain anonymous for 60 days because I posted this picture in the Paul Pierce Retirement Thread and already had 2 strikes over some slavery nonsense.

maxresdefault.jpg

apparently making fun of the Sixers for The Process is not only above punishment though, it's actually encouraged.

its all good though, nobody is going to be laughing next year. Not even the bandwagon Sixer fans. Fuck those people to be. This is MY team!

and I'm so fucking ready for the playoffs next year

me after stuff I said about basketball happens

hplchln.gif

Just another day

Draft Lottery tonight at 830 ET

Not sure how to feel right now. Getting the Lakers pick this year would be cool but, at the same time, I kind of fancy having the unknown 2018 pick to look forward too. A sort of "mystery pick" if you will.

Joel Embiid will be representing the Sixers, this is starting to feel like a movie.

that is part of the reason I enjoy sports so much, there is so much more drama than any TV show you could ever name.

bottom line: someone wrote all that stuff from Sopranos or The Wire or w/e

this is real life. tv shows are good for when you need someone to lay all the drama out for you. Sports has all of that, you just have to wait a bit longer than 30-60 minutes to advance the plot

ive been posting about the Sixers on here since 2012.

Through the end of the Iguodala era
Through the Andrew Bynum era (lol)
Through the Evan Turner era (LOL)
Through the Michael Carter-Williams era
through the darkest days of the process during the 2014-2015 season (Tony Wroten era)
through a mildly exciting Jahlil rookie year
seeing Ben Simmons get drafted and tear it up in summer league
and now, the Joel Embiid era.

Im not gonna keep bringing up previous posts, that was kind of corny, but seriously, not trying to pat myself on the back too hard here but it's gone fairly as expected tbh.

Sure, the team was a laughing stock for most of that time period but you know something?

fuck em!

thats right! Fuck em!

considering I also became a Warriors fan upon their acquisition of Andre Iguodala and can appreciate LeBron and Greg Poppovich's greatness, what did we really miss out on? A 2nd round appearance? A conference finals appearance?

/yawn

yeah whatever. I've said some crazy shit in this thread but I can't stress this enough:

the Philadelphia 76ers are going to win a championship with Joel Embiid. If I had to guess, 2 seasons from now.

just.went.there.

oh shiiitttt he put a date on ittttt!!!

RIP to Hip Hop by the way. Quite possibly the dumbest mascot of all time (a muscular bunny rabbit with a shit eating grin on its face), but it reminds me of my childhood.

hip-hop-creepy.jpg

Conveniently left out that the Wizards lost game 7 to the Celtics last night!

fuck em it's Cavs / Warriors!

not a huge fan but the warriors were on last night so i watched it. pretty impressive dismantling...

alasdair

Wow man it almost sickens me how the Sixers are fair game for all sorts of jokes about The Process and Embiid's ankles and Simmons' jump shot yet the second you say something bad about the Celtics it's like

image.png

fuckin bitches man. Sorry your best player is only slightly taller than I am and would have trouble playing defense in high school games let alone the NBA.

sorry your center can't rebound or even box out so someone else can rebound

sorry the only guys who can defend on your team can't really shoot

a team full of 1-way players with an overrated coach, sorry Boston

but, you know, I'm just a hater...

buncha see you next Tuesdays I swear. Don't talk shit on the Sixers and than get all salty when it comes back to your forum. And they're so slick about it too, they'll casuall talk shit and then retreat back to their little corny ass forum where they discuss Jaylen Brown's trade value (see: not much) and what they should do with the #1 pick (see: draft Fultz, trade IT) and they all expect to get this huge return for Isiah Thomas and when you point out that he's really not that valuable of a trade piece it's like you just slandered every Celtics fan and their mothers at once and suddenly I'm the bad guy

ughh, this is what I'm saying about being a philly sports fan. It's like we're the punching bags of the sports world. And then when our teams actually do well (see: not often) and we talk a bunch of shit, well we're just a bunch of assholes you know?

nay, I think we are just better at talking shit collectively than other fan bases. Everyone says they want banter until it's their turn to take it on the chin.

fucking pussies

nay, I think we are just better at talking shit collectively than other fan bases. Everyone says they want banter until it's their turn to take it on the chin.
here you go again...

you poor philly fans have it so bad.

browns fans have no idea how you guys feel. jets fans have no idea how you guys feel. pirates fans have no idea how you guys feel. raiders fans have no idea how you guys feel. timberwolves fans have no idea how you guys feel. lions fans have no idea how you guys feel. cubs fans have no idea how you guys feel. etc.

poor you.

look on the bright side - you made it to the superbowl in 2005. sure, you got crushed by the greatest franchise in football history, but you made it to the big game :)

alasdair

I miss axl guys.

I'd be talking mad shit on his cavs again this year if he was still around.

RIP :(

here you go again...

you poor philly fans have it so bad.

browns fans have no idea how you guys feel. jets fans have no idea how you guys feel. pirates fans have no idea how you guys feel. raiders fans have no idea how you guys feel. timberwolves fans have no idea how you guys feel. lions fans have no idea how you guys feel. cubs fans have no idea how you guys feel. etc.

poor you.

look on the bright side - you made it to the superbowl in 2005. sure, you got crushed by the greatest franchise in football history, but you made it to the big game :)

alasdair

What's your definition of "crushed"? Not even gonna get into Spygate, which was definitely a thing, but w/e

It's actually going to be thrilling! Whether you're a fan of the Cavs/Warriors or not, you have to admit a rubber match between these 2 juggernauts will be compelling.... to say the least.

I for one, am hoping the Cavs win again...in game 7...in the last minute...with Lebron (maybe even Kyrie) hitting the game winning shot... as time expires....being defended by Kevin Durant.

I want you guys to remember this picture so when the Sixers win the championship you can say you were there before it was cool.

16kchzn.jpg

who's it going to be?

most pundits seem to be leaning warriors.

alasdair