arci you are so wrong about Noel and Embiid, I can't emphasize this enough

this guy feels me

kentuckygrampsdance_medium.gif

props to whoever made this into a gif

NSFW:
joel-embiid-block-8-on-ok-st.gif

embiid > wiggins

the cavs can't even fix their way to success, just wait

two years from now they're gonna be remembering 9/11 in Philly YEAR ROUND with the

TWIN TOWERRRRSSS

like that lord of the rings movie only 3/4ths of it wont suck

im starting to come around to this Hinkie guy...

still wish they could have gotten Jabari over Embiid. Joel has the most upside of anyone in this draft but I just still have the image of Andrew Bynum drilled into my skull.

Noel definitely worked on his footwork all last year, we can only hope Embiid does the same.

problem still remains though, this team has no 3 pt shooters. A few guys can somewhat reliably drain 3s, but nobody you'd have to gameplan for before a game.

which only adds to Tony Wroten's dillemma, he's a shooting guard but can't shoot on a team with no shooters (other team can crowd the paint as a result). I still would like to see him play PG more often, he is a really good distributor especially on the fast break. Probably better than MCW as far as seeing a fast break develop and knowing where to go with it

I can't help but feel like MCW is just going to become Tony Allen in the long run. Lockdown defender who can shoot a bit but never enough to have guys play him extra close. And Tony Allen is a great player in the NBA don't get me wrong.

but would I be above trading him?

nah I kind of did want Jabari more. the team would have been a bit different though. It seems like Nerlens cant play PF for some reason. I dont get why him and Embiid cant play together and I kind of blame that on Brett Brown to a certain degree. Jabari and Noel would have been a nice combo regardless, but I can live with Saric and Embiid

I realized more or less this entire thread has been me pumping up Embiid and I just wanted the large amounts of people who view this thread to know

there is no Joel Embiid bandwagon in my driveway

I woke up like this son, WHAT

started-from-the-bottom-meme-14.jpg

Last edited:
Only 12 games in NBA history have gone into quadruple OT and the Hawks have been in 3 of them. That was the longest game I've ever been in attendance for. Sucks they stop serving booze after the 3rd quarter.

Suck it knicks

Melo isn't even someone worth trading for at this point. The Knicks are such a mess, it's great

speaking of teams that are a mess, wow are the Lakers terrible. I mean, I wanted them to be bad, but like 4th worst team in the league bad

not, push the Sixers-owned Lakers pick back to next year because it is top-3 protected bad

you know what we gave up to get that pick? Michael Carter Williams. Remember that guy? At least when he bounces out of the NBA he can make money doing documentaries on that rare disease that causes your arms to be disproportionately too long compared to literally everything else on your body. He seriously was like 6'6 with a 27' wingspan (exaggeration)

revised 2017-2018 ideal Sixers lineup

PG- Kyle Lowry or Jrue Holiday / TJ McConnell
SG- Malik Monk / Gerald Henderson / Nik Stauskas
SF- Robert Covington / Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (TLC)
PF- Ben Simmons / Dario Saric
C- Joel Embiid / Richaun Holmes

eastern. conference. finals.

not sure how to feel about the whole "process" nickname. It's good to identify a specific time period (Jrue Holiday trade until Joel Embiids first game), but kind of corny in and of itself. W/e

we're around

dont sleep on my Sixers this year

3 seasons of misery are coming to a close this year, CALLING IT

Ben Simmons and Dario Saric,

1/2 in Rookie of the Year voting

CALLING IT

whos dario saric you might be asking right now?

he's the Croatian Sensation. he's ben simmons but in European form. he's basically the coolest thing to come out of the Balkans since the squatting slavs meme

and hes a fucking 76er.

I think we can all agree Ben Simmons has some talent -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZuydq5lzo

Joel Embiid, either he does something this year or he better start learning how to speak Mandarin

Jahlil Okafor, should be traded tbh

Nerlens Noel, possible Defensive Player of the Year candidate, that's right. SAY SOMETHIN

whats up bromos, its fucking BASKEYBALL TIME

this is the worst olympic team since 2004 IMO. I still think they beat Croatia by double digits in the final though.

thats right, Croatia, silver medal. Dario. Saric. aka, the guy the Sixers traded Elfrid Payton for. aka, my newest Man Crush (it's a thing)

I dont know whether he should be playing point forward or torturing James Bond but my god am I pumped for this season

BASKEYBALL

Ben Simmons - probably not gonna play this year

Joel Embiid - going to miss too many games this year to win ROY

Jahlil Okafor - still should be traded

Nerlens Noel - should at least make an All-Defensive team (draymond should win DPOY)

And that leaves, last but not least...

The Homie, Dario Saric

Rookie of the Year

WOOOOO

Serge Iblocka to the Raptors, sweet dude it's a Cavs / Wizards ECF

Tank mode: re-activated

dude ive been loving his improvement in consistency this month. his finishing at the rim come on so much since start of the year and hes being more sensible with how hes trying to score, was downright ugly at times with those 1-9 and 0-7 type games, yeh thats not long ago but the guys clearly learning fast. even then cant fault the intensity and some of the other plays he made, came good late game a few times after being cold all night
inconsistent from deep still of course but hes a rookie from europe so not exactly giving a shit about that, he gets hot sometimes.

fuck next year will be good

Last edited:
Wow what a horrible lineup introduction at the all start game. That was embarrassing to watch.

Noel to the Mavericks

Judging by the reaction on the 76ers forum, you'd think we just traded Joel Embiid.

Noel is an athletic big man who isn't really that big. He's just tall and lanky which allows him to play good perimeter defense and get blocks on unsuspecting offenders.

Average rebounder, terrible jump shooter, little to no post moves, gets pushed around in the paint, didn't want to come of the bench anyway, was going to get 100M contract next year, and he did have that injury in college.

I love the thought process of having Noel as insurance for Embiid when Noel was injured in college as well.

You'd think people who post about basketball online would actually watch basketball

this reminded me to go to my local hockey forum.

fuck basketball.

Loved watching the Suns beat the Celtics. Bledsoe tying and Ulis with the 3 at the buzzer. Too bad the suns are close to the bottom in the league. Doubt the Pels can catch the nuggets, either. Davis and Cousins haven't figured it out yet.

Larry Sanders returns to the NBA to play for the Cavs (of course)

***BREAKING NEWS***

Marijuana use is extremely popular in the NBA!

sanders-thumbs.gif

shout out to Dion Waiters. The key to unlocking Dion's potential is to just not have anyone else more talented then him on your team

unfortunately, this causes your team to be .500 at best

go to China Dion! You'd be a superstar rever prayer

hqdefault.jpg

This is going to be the most exciting draft lottery in a while IMO.

so many things can change in a small amount of time

the lakers could get screwed, if their pick falls out of the top 3 it not only goes to the Sixers, but they owe Orlando a 2019 1st rounder. If it stays in the top 3 they give the Sixers an unprotected 1st next year and the Magic get a 2019 2nd rounder iirc

if the Pelicans jump into the top 3, they keep their pick. Otherwise it goes to Sacramento.

speaking of the Kings... the Sixers have swap rights with them. As in, if the Kings get the 1st pick and the Sixers get the 5th, it would switch to Sixers at 1 and Kings at 5. Of course, if the Sixers get a better pick than they won't exercise the swap rights and tell Sacramento to go pound sand

the Celtics have swap rights with Brooklyn. Fuck the Celtics though, their team can eat a dick metaphorically and literally. Got into an argument on a real sports forum with Celtics fans about how their team is full of holes and has the appearance of being good in the regular season when half the teams are trying to lose anyway but they said I was just salty that my team has been tanking for the past 3 seasons

now they're down 2-0 to the 8th seeded Bulls and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Isiah Thomas probably won't ever lead your team to a championship and Al Horford is a shit rebounder and they need to use their assets to get a real superstar but hey

ce2.png

Revised predictions

Cavs over Wizards in ECF

Warriors over Spurs in WCF

Warriors over Cavs in another 7 game series

finals MVP will be tough to call but I'm feeling Steph Curry. I think LeBron will guard KD so I would imagine he doesn't have a gaudy series numbers-wise because of that.

its funny how im thinking about this now as if it is a 100% chance of that being the matchup but I just can't see it any other way barring injuries

Last edited:
Wow you went pretty far out on a limb predicting cavs warriors finals lol.

I don't think fans want to see anything else honestly. Maybe cavs spurs, but not wizards spurs, or wizards warriors. Although Wall and Beal are fun to watch. But hey so is the Greek freak. Anyway. Maybe the sixers will only need another season or 5 to finally make something happen so they can stop tanking. Poor Philly fans. It should be free to go watch them play. Pathetic that they charge actual real money for fans to go see them. Meh.