Published Off Prescription Use of Modafinil and Methylphenidate

rt0466

Greenlighter
Recruiting – The off prescription use of modafinil and methylphenidate – all welcome!

I am a PhD student at London South Bank University and I am researching the off prescription use of modafinil and methylphenidate, and also opinions on the use of cognitive enhancers. If you can spare 15-20 minutes, please complete this online survey (link found below) – you would be contributing to this investigation into use of these drugs, awareness of risks and harms and also opinions on the use of cognitive enhancers. You don’t need to have taken these drugs to participate, although anyone who has would also contribute greatly! This survey is completely confidential and anonymous so no details that could identify you will be recorded. As long as you are over 18 years of age and have an opinion about this topic you are most welcome to participate. This study is not restricted to any country and welcomes people from all countries to participate. Our findings will contribute to informing research on the extent of use of these drugs within the UK and internationally and will form the basis of a journal article that may be published in a peer reviewed journal.
The study has been approved by the Research Ethics Committee of London South Bank University (ref. 1626).

To participate, just follow this link: Smart Drug Survey

Last edited:
Done. Just a quick point, when you give options for how often people take Modafinil, there are no applicable options for anyone who uses less than twice a month but more than once every since months

I took that survey, but unfortunately I haven't used modafinil or methylphenidate. The only stimulants I've ever tried are ephedrine and methcathinone, and those don't really improve one's concentration. Amphetamine-like stimulants would probably be very bad for me, as I've had a paranoid psychosis a couple of times even without taking any drugs. On the other hand, I have no intention to quit my nicotine habit (trying to only use e-cigs at the moment) because I know that nicotine has a nootropic/neuroprotectant effect.

I'm a PhD student too, by the way, but I'm not researcing anything related to drugs.