• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Small & Handy 1-Bu-LSD (1B-LSD) Thread

I assume that a lab that has H-NMR and LC/MS and/or a infrared spectrometer could ID it with quite some certainty - unfortunately I don't think any of the publicly available testing sites does. Some of them has LC/MS, but I don't know if it's enough to get a 100% sure answer. is it?

I agree with Xorkoth that something smells fishy about this whole thing. Without testing, I would only trust it was really 1-B-LSD, if it came from the vendor that originally brought all the lysergamides to the market, or one of his official resellers. Not to start a vendor disussion!

In all fairness, they did waste precursors to make LSM, but then again, that was a more promising compound. As long as 1-P-LSD is legal more or less everywere, then what's the point of 1-B-LSD?

Well the stuff came from a pretty trusted source and yes, it's definitely the most expensive compound I've ever gotten to say the least. Deacylation sounds interesting but I know nothing of the sort. Doubt there's any lab in this country that can test it but I have experimented with 1mg (yeah I know...) of the original so I don't see a problem. It will take a week or two to get the results so i'll keep you guys posted.

What did 1mg do?
Are you sure it is not ndtdi? Did it come from a chinese source?
I say this because 4 mgs is the suggested doseage for ndtdi oxolate. Which might just be that grey stuff. There is also a new synth of ndtdi succinate that just came out that has better potency and also better solubility. Its expensive a.f around 600$ a gram. And would not be at all suprised if it gturned a ehlich test purple.
Good luck finding out if it is there is no referance sample. Lol

Last edited:
I was speaking of 1mg of LSD which was a bit rough for a minute but ended up being one of the most incredible experiences ever. It was during the 90s before the research chems so I'm sure it was the real stuff. 4mg of the grey stuff didnt produce any effects. $600 a gram is cheap compared to the 1B!

Actually, energy control has GC/MS and LC/MS, and a good chemist should be able to tell the difference between this and other lysergamides by the fractions it's broken down to in the MS. It'll just cost 60 euroe's.

So the vendor hasn't had any testing done on it? Doesn't sound very reputable or proffessional imo, especiallly considering how expensive it apparently is.

Agreed you really need to trust the source involved with the synth or have some analysis that came with a custom synth - or possibly it's just made from illicit LSD by some random people and they're not really too worried about it being something else.

Pointless to speculate perhaps so apologies. But yeah mass spec would also identify NDTDI i guess.

Forget about the N-deacylation by the way, much too difficult it seems. And also problematic with regard to selectivity as you don't want to mess up the LSD amide.

I assume that a lab that has H-NMR and LC/MS and/or a infrared spectrometer could ID it with quite some certainty - unfortunately I don't think any of the publicly available testing sites does. Some of them has LC/MS, but I don't know if it's enough to get a 100% sure answer. is it?

For analytical chemists specializing in spectroscopy I imagine it is quite quantitative, however unless you want to pay out the ass for the test, you aren't always guaranteed accurate results. With that being said GC/QMS (quadropole mass spectrometer; one of the most selective MS used) can even separately identify 60+ compounds in a single mixture, of course computational analysis of the data makes it easier, comparisons of this with similar compounds should yield similar spectra, and I assume there's a database somewhere with the GC/MS spectrum for LSD, hell if I could even remember my SciFinder username I could look it up.

Also, why has no one attempted a simple ketone substitution using acetyl chloride or even an aldehyde substitution.
Not sure on the workup, you'd probably to add some carefully selective leaving groups, but if 1p-LSD and 1b-LSD can be synthesized I imagine the mechanism is nearly identical

First results from the lab came back as inconclusive, so they have to repeat it to be sure. With each day i think the source fucked up, and is selling NDTDI as 1-butyr-LSD. This fits with dosage, immeadiate ehrlich reaction and so on. If someone has some NDTDI lying around at home, could you react it with as many different drug id reagents, to se if it matches my results for "1b-LSD".

I've tried 1B-LSD (without mentioning vendors, this was from the same people who released 1P-LSD; I didn't get it independently tested but I'm very confident in the identity of the chemical) and the dose was in line or perhaps slightly higher than 1P-LSD. This was all under confidentiality agreements, but I don't imagine anyone involved would want misinformation out there that could result in confusion and people taking large overdoses of the stuff if it does show up on the market at some point. I agree with the above, the doses described in this thread are consistent with NDTDI and my very tentative assumption would be that this is what has been provided rather than a lysergamide active in the microgram range.

Edit: I did some reagent tests (on 1B-LSD blotter) - Marquis - pale-pink/brown darkening to purple after 10 minutes. Improved Ehrlich - No reaction at first, but after 5 minutes a very pale purple showed up, darkening slightly to just pale purple after another 5 five minutes. No colour changes for Liebermann and Froehde. As you'd expect, these results are very similar to the reactions with 1P-LSD.

Last edited:
I just got an email from the lab that created 1P-LSD announcing the release of 125ug 1B-LSD blotters. They say it's about as potent as 1P-LSD.

Whoa, cool! I wonder if the duration will be increased since the carbon chain is longer? I believe that was speculated in this thread, or maybe actually reported anecdotally.

It was speculated but I think the duration will be about the same. If the butanoyl group metabolized slowly then the potency would likely be reduced, which isn't the case.

Here's an interesting quote I found from someone who was part of the test group for these new lysergamides:

If you draw out the resonance structures of, for example, the 1-o-tolyl-indole moiety, you see that such substituents are more stable chemically. That coupled with the fact that o-tolyl is really quite bulky means that enzymatic cleavage is likely inefficient. Over 15 of these N-acyl-lysergamides were tested and only a handful were particularly active. Even an 11 or 12 (I forget) carbon chain system was tested and that was actually still quite active at 150mcg but the duration was somewhat extended (15-18 hours if I remember correctly). It seems to be a balance of increased lipophilicity vs steric bulk that dictates the potency of these compounds in man.

Last edited:
Well that's exciting. Hopefully this sidesteps some legal restrictions somewhere and people get their acids

I've tried 1B-LSD (without mentioning vendors, this was from the same people who released 1P-LSD; I didn't get it independently tested but I'm very confident in the identity of the chemical) and the dose was in line or perhaps slightly higher than 1P-LSD. This was all under confidentiality agreements, but I don't imagine anyone involved would want misinformation out there that could result in confusion and people taking large overdoses of the stuff if it does show up on the market at some point. I agree with the above, the doses described in this thread are consistent with NDTDI and my very tentative assumption would be that this is what has been provided rather than a lysergamide active in the microgram range.

Edit: I did some reagent tests (on 1B-LSD blotter) - Marquis - pale-pink/brown darkening to purple after 10 minutes. Improved Ehrlich - No reaction at first, but after 5 minutes a very pale purple showed up, darkening slightly to just pale purple after another 5 five minutes. No colour changes for Liebermann and Froehde. As you'd expect, these results are very similar to the reactions with 1P-LSD.

I have been able to get my hands on some of this @ 125 mics per blotter recently through a very reliable source.

Cool! Let us know when you try it, I suspect it'll be around the same as 1p-LSD and 1a-LSD, but you never know.

Would rather have pro-lad, but will be keeping my eye on reports...