• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Welcome How Are You in One Word vs wait! Just one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I slept 7 hours (with lots of wakings staved off with benzos), so feel slightly less exhausted (I would be okay if I hadn't built up so much sleep debt and it was non-chemical)...Tomorrow my road to recovery truly begins in the outpatient rehab.
So I feel...Apprehensive and nervous about that (it's a massive life change, and I have to show all my vulnerabilities and be honest face to face with my own demons, it's scary as hell working with your shadow side with a counselor :S), but also mixed with excitement (It's a positive life change I know I am setting sail for) and the suicidal thoughts have all gone :)
Sorry that's cheating with the 3 words: Apprehensive, Nervous/Excited, but it's possible to feel all these at the same time, right?

One word: rapidness

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the new ONE WORD for today thread. The old one had reached over 1K posts and can be found in the TDS archives Here.

Remember, the object of this thread is to narrow it down to only one word; feel free to put a short explanation in if you feel its necessary but try to put the one word in bold or the explanation in parentheses so that we can clearly see the one word you chose. It can be a playful but empowering way to simply turn inward and reflect on what you are feeling, or how you are feeling. Awareness of feelings is a good way to be present, which in turn is a good way to reduce anxiety. (This may seem counter-intuitive when, for instance, the one feeling that stands out is anxiety! But the truth is that many of us operate under an unexamined cloud of anxiety without ever turning to face and question it. ("Why do I feel afraid? Are my fears rational right now? Would all the circumstances of my life remain the same even if I did not feel fear right now?")

So, to get the ball rolling here is my one word: SORE

(I fell on my butt yesterday and today I think I may have fractured my tailbone. Which hurts more, my bottom or my ego:\?)

^I hope today brings you some clarity.Being lost can be positive if it makes you look for a way out; it can be horrible if you feel stuck there.<3

me: determined

Yo!!! <3

Myself

Is my word for today. A really nice but simple change. Feel like an observer today not extremely emotionally involving myself in what's going on around me. Nice to look at life for what it is even if it isn't idealized.

It was the best way I could explain how I'm feeling about my classes. Not tired or exhausted, just extremely bored and apathetic towards them. This semester needs to end asap

Status
Not open for further replies.