• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Are you romantic and how to be romantic?

nataly66687

Ex-Bluelighter
A few of the guys I have talked too since being single, a lot of them ask me "How are you romantic?" or "Are you romantic?" and to me, being romantic is, I would get the guy little gifts, like candy, flowers, or kiss on the cheek, or hand, or kiss on the lips, hold hands, watch his favorite movie or TV show, etc. To me that's romantic. But I don't think that's the answer these guys were expecting to hear. So what type of "romantic" type of thing, were they referring too and how can I be more like the type of romantic that they want?

Romance is love or the expression of love, not a gift or a gesture.

Flowers aren't romantic, bring home your loved ones favourite flower is romantic.

Being adventurous and spontaneous can be romantic. The thrill of something new and fun to keep the spark going. I used to like to find an activity we both have never done, and do it.

Romance is love or the expression of love, not a gift or a gesture.

Flowers aren't romantic, bring home your loved ones favourite flower is romantic.

This.

Short term superficial strategies are Hollywood. If however, you discern that the person is being genuine with their intention toward you - then its romantic ( albeit not very creative but if, it is a dance that you feel comfortable with and it symbolises for you and you intuit, a genuine intent on the part of the player, then I guess its romantic)

Choosing to provide the toilet paper for your loved-one when they find themselves stuck, is romance IRL ( sometimes, letting them know they cant have it unless they submit to conditions may also be a part of the game, its very relative to the situation and person in question). ;)

Last edited:
^ seconded.

it's a function of the people involved.

a few years ago, i had just met my girlfriend at the time. the most beautiful woman in the world, to me. i was nuts in love with her. early in our relationship she went traveling in se asia for 3 months. she left just before xmas. a couple of days before she left i gave her a travel journal so she could journal her trip. she told me that she got me something for xmas but i would just have to find it. i figured she had hidden it in my house but when i asked her she told me not to go hunting in cupboards - just forget about it and i'd eventually find it.

off she went and i tried to stop thinking about it. a couple of days later, i was at the atm and took my atm card out of my wallet. there was something tucked in behind my atm card. i pulled it out. it was my favourite picture of her. she had written a note on the back and laminated it and hidden it in my wallet. i just melted - easily the most romantic gift i had ever received.

we were apart for about another 3 months which was hell but it was amazing when we finally got together again :)

alasdair

^ah, sweet - would have been sweeter if she had included a few quid with the laminate note but romance has its limits, I guess. ;)

As a man I will tell you some things that I find romantic with women.

-laying in bed by ornamental candles with incense

-sharing our differences, and learning from each other

-studying astrology together and reading each other the daily news of where the planets are and the moon and sun in which constellations and personal horoscopes and exploring new territory

-Intelligence is critical, a woman with a lovely looking, sophisticated bookshelf makes my heart skip a beat

-dark chocolate

-having creative outlets and sharing the way we express them with each other, and encouraging each other to grow in our own creative respects

-opening her mind through my analytical and non linear way of thought

-Cooking for her, making delicious vegetarian meals that are really healthy and scrumptious. Candlelight dinners.

-Playing chess; messing around with ouija boards

-falling in love quickly as if it was meant to be, the connection being just right and we can sense it

-Reading each other poems we like before cuddling each other to sleep.

-She just has to be creative. #1 turn on and of course mutual, powerful physical attraction or why even bother

-Daring each other, there is an abandoned house that is so haunted looking and neglected and beautiful nearby. I'd love to sneak in with her and explore the place while keeping her close to be safe and away from the rats... and... and... maybe a little kinky fun while we're at it. Sneaking in at night holding up dim lanterns to see in the dark.

-Giving each other massages

-Horror movies, stuff so scary I have to cuddle her to keep her from being afraid in the dark

-I completely fall for artsy type creative women, and if she can paint that is delightful to me. It's the one creative thing I don't think I could really do (but haven't tried yet). I like to encourage her to come up with new, healthy ideas to express herself (single now, though, so "her" is meant to be the lady of my dreams)

-I love to be teased... subtle flirty teasing that I really have to pay attention to in order to notice is the sexiest thing.

-Monogamy. I only ever need one woman, she has to be special though. And she should only ever need me to the point that we don't even look at the opposite sex anymore in that way, as we are that in love.

-Playing my electric guitar for her, and having a lady who enjoys laying down and listening to or watching me play. If she can sing, then just wow. Delightful. Yummy.

-Cuddling in really strange awkward looking positions that are actually super comfy and cozy and just laying motionless and just breathing and enjoying each other

-Nature walks

-Twisting and tying my fingers into her hair and giving gentle tugs in my direction so that we may kiss

-Spontaneous adventures

-Enjoying each other's company so much that driving to the mall isn't just to go shopping. It should be an adventure full of discussion and exploration and just having fun.

-Fairness

-Very kinky stuff I will not mention so as to remain polite and respectful

-Spontaneous connection, randomly meeting someone and having lovely conversations and flirting

-Getting her to watch Inherent Vice and other films, sharing films that either of us like, so we can discuss and watch them together.

-Making out is the best

-performing occult rituals in graveyards at night under the moonlight

-She has to be a total fox in my eyes, lovely beautiful delightful gorgeous, and she should really look up to me, and I should admire her

-not allowing drugs to interfere with the relationship... although I shall have my unfiltered joints, rails of 2C-C (been over a week straight now), and occasionally vaporize dmt as she watches over me sleeping for 15 minutes. Then waking up and doing my best to explain the experience to her. It's better if the drugs are different

-Women who are just plain different, the weirdo of the bunch, and care more about the fiery spirit of a man than his bank account or job or status or any of that "real world" stuff that interferes with true love. Each other's company should be enough.

-Saying I love you when the time is exactly right for it, and we both know it in harmony.

-Holding her tight when she cries and calming her down from distress, or seeing her sadness and concern if I do the same.

-Perhaps love will connect with me again sometime!

-Combining forces and becoming a team.

-Teaching her piano even though I only play guitar and am learning as I go

-Sharing jokes, laughter, experiences and stories from our past.

-Being respectful of each other.

-Reading side by side in bed, in silence. Sharing our books with each other that we think (know) the other would really enjoy.

-Actually caring for one another. Not just texting if we're not around each other. Taking the time for a phone call and actually really caring. Keeping in touch when we are not around each other is really important to me.

-love letters!!! Dropping them off in her mailbox at 4am when I can't sleep. Really taking the time to write good ones and expecting nothing in return... but maybe getting lucky enough to get just one back sometime : )

-Taking care of her emotional needs, and being her protector.

-Did I mention antique clocks and ornamental candles and real imported frankincense from Oman?

-A woman who can do her on French braids and who might teach me how to do them for her

-Being silly and enjoy life while we have the pleasure to do so

-Delightful surprises that make one another so very happy

-Inside jokes, being completely 100% honest with each other from the very start

-Having intellectual discourse for 8 hours straight

-Abstaining from sex unless you are falling in love and it happens, doesn't matter the time, when it's right. I find that highly romantic and it is one of my life choices. I hate sleeping around it is uncomfortable for me.

Straight from the heart of a tripping Taurus and Chinese dragon ;):D

Last edited:
Shroomy - it might have been easier to list what isn't romantic to you. LOL, just bustin' your balls dude. That is actually a very comprehensive list indeed.

I am not romantic at all and think its really stupid and just for couples.

Shroomy - it might have been easier to list what isn't romantic to you. LOL, just bustin' your balls dude. That is actually a very comprehensive list indeed.

=D

I have a reasonable amount of clean time now so I have my drive for this sort of thing back. It is very nice to be a man again. I was pretty much asexual as a heroin addict.

The list of what isn't romantic to me would be just as long, if not longer. I am highly selective at this point, and have met a lot of really chill ladies lately who I talk to all the time but who I seem to meet totally randomly and fall into really engaging conversations with. No numbers exchanged yet or anything... I can't wait for that to happen. I'm sure I'll figure out who the right one might be in... I don't know... I am being quite patient.

I am doing everything I can to improve my life, I rarely even sleep anymore... except for actually busting my balls LOL. I need to find the right chick and I met a new girl tonight that seems to have a whole lot of qualities I've been looking for that are hard to find in one girl. Very cute... pale skin and rather vivid red hair while mine is a subtle crimson red. I think I've chatted up 3 chicks at this same shop (that is a huge passion of mine... what they sell, that is... so I am frequently in there) so I am probably confusing them a bit ahaha. I could have got the chick's number tonight but whatever... there is always next time for that and I've been tripping on 2c-c for a couple weeks so I don't even know what the fuck is going on half the time. All I know is I am functioning at a very high level, dressing in a way that reflects my personality, essentially my appearance is a mirror image of my identity, and it is attracting my "type" into these engaging conversations effortlessly.

Still haven't got so much as a kiss in a couple months... LOL. I have my essential rose oil (the pure, the real deal) unopened and ready for my next romance. I think it's something like 10,000 roses to produce an ounce of the oil. Ohhhh how romantic of me hehehe. I just want some rosy kisses. The girl tonight though... I dunno, I'm so confused I'm probably just gonna wait until my tripping consciousness somehow makes it happen without thinking about anyone in particular. Tonight though... she was very cute, enthusiastic, observant, and we connected like right away and pretty much chatted for like an hour about random stuff while she was at work (at a place where it is a prerequisite that I already have something or many things in common with someone who would be working there)... but she had the commonalities that wouldn't be so common for a place like that.