Songs you can barely listen to without losing your composure emotionally

Enjoyed that!

plus I was more of a fuck up than an asset to the Navy when I was in.

=D

Good, the system failed you and you responded accordingly.

My grandfathers fav. song- the comraderie ( real and imagined/its always real if you perceive it, pretty much ;))

;)

I have that LP on vinyl. I always thought the opening track was the most emotionally charged. S&G remind me of my later years in college, and of the day I showed my old roommate The Graduate while he was frying on acid lol.

Music to melt to, indeed. :)

Last edited:
i love listening to simon and garfunkel whilst tripping and on dissociatives. sublime :)

^^^^^That John Martyn album, Solid Air... fuckin' fantastic stuff mate. Listened to the whole thing while tripping acid yesterday 8o

Like 8 out of every 10 country songs ever made. I don't dislike country but normally avoid it due to the negative subject matter that is, for some reason, extremely prevalent in the country genre.

^^^^^That John Martyn album, Solid Air... fuckin' fantastic stuff mate. Listened to the whole thing while tripping acid yesterday 8o

It is. :)

...Danny Thompson, Martyn's buddy and bassist, used to rip him about his slurring bluesy, pronounciation of the line, 'living on solid air' sounded like, 'living on sausages'. hehe

Last edited:
"Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush almost had me in tears today. Her voice gives me goosebumps.

"Hamburg Song" by Keane deserves a mention as well.

Happy Listening!
Dreamflyer

Elton John - Daniel

Reminds me of my brother... I lost him long before he actually left and knew this song was gonna be an issue before it ever was.
RIPJAT

Ha! Figured out the video thing.

Last edited:
Sarah McLachlan's "Angel", it reminds me of loved ones I've lost. And her voice is terribly haunting, it moves me to my core!

Reminds me of my brother... I lost him long before he actually left and knew this song was gonna be an issue before it ever was.
RIPJAT

Get that; think everyone I know has a song(s) 'attached' to them. Love that song btw.

This one, also.

Last edited:
^ probably my second Elton song behind this one

I like some some of his upbeat stuff too, but he's a hell of a songwriter

^ He's a wonderful poet, yup ;) Can't access the link but guessing it's, Goodbye Yellowbrick Road?

..which or whether, that was the case...it deserves a place on here, magical tune!

I love Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, but what I linked was Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word

^ probably my second Elton song behind this one

I like some some of his upbeat stuff too, but he's a hell of a songwriter

Oh damn, the song about humility! Thats always a toughie (even with epic power, shoulder-pads and the director got him to lose the glasses for more poignancy and eye contact!) ;) Love it, though. Elton's music is pretty special.

^For sure man, can't get too bogged-down by it, needs balancing but it's music such as this; that stirs you personally, can be a good reminder that your're not completely dead-inside, eh!? =D%)

I don't usually do lyrics, however this is the saddest song ever written. Sorry for sharing it. lol

His voice reminds me of Daniel Johnston. It's not that sad to be fair, its lovely. ;)

May have posted this before but anyhoo...

Acoustic gig here with Skin looking and sounding fucking, radiant ( which she appears to embody)!

Last edited:
^For sure man, can't get too bogged-down by it, needs balancing but it's music such as this; that stirs you personally, can be a good reminder that your're not completely dead-inside, eh!? =D%)
Totally vibe on this. Although I may not wanna show my "positive" - empathy, sympathy, grace, forgiveness etc. emotions; they tend to remind me that I still have a heart and my actions have no nefarious intent. Human with humility.
However: The "negative" - selfishness, rage, greed, seething with grudge ect. emotions seem to be fueled by fear. Maybe pushing the boundaries has helped eliminate some fears and left room for more of "me": The grounded individual that is not pretentious and non-judgemental. Not full of myself and never been a "bad" person but I and others appreciate what I am morphing into and just hope it is sustainable.
Not sure where this comes from and definitely not tripping.
Thanks for reading... owe a lot to BL and am grateful. (I say this often but it is sincerely heart-felt)

Back to another tear-jerker for me 8) :

Last edited: