Songs you can barely listen to without losing your composure emotionally

Trans European Express by Kraftwerk. Loop that track !

One of my all time favourite albums - it doesn't make me lose my composure so much as make me think how far ahead of their time they were and what brilliant lyrics they wrote.

Re: SKL and Joy Division - yep pretty much any of their stuff will make you feel the doom and gloom!

A much lighter cover with female vocals, which has considerable merit as such,

I think I did this same dichotomy supra, on Billy McBride/Green Fields of France, but as a dichotomy, it's a damn interesting one. Heis a legend in his community but musically was very DIY, low-fi, not a particular vocal or instrumental talent but with a great deal of charisma and songs which range from aggressive to almost Dylanesque; she, who's sort of anointed herself as his interpreter into pop, has a pretty and somewhat melodramatic voice but is by no means a great talent in that respect, but her ability to interpret this (and also a great deal of the harder ouvre of Skrewdriver, Stigger and other RAC/WP bands, along with some some rather good pop songs ("Hypocrite," from her On My Own, 2007; give it a listen if you're the slightest bit of a poptimist—I am—and which is politically relevant to tody) of her own, which is her own "look and feel" crossed with some of her more punk/hardcore/ska influences. A rather interesting artist, politics aside; and certain certain accessibility to some tunes that weren't forever.

(the 2001 thing in the YouTube video idk but whatever)

I've been waiting for a guide to come and take me by the hand …
Can these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal man?

Yes. <3

My teenage self just wont let me forget this one. Corny ignorance and innocence still vomits its nostalgia on me .=D
So much guitare. Much raw power.
*disclaimer my early teen self would not have supported trump

90s shit

This, and it's antecedents and derivatives, was the music of my early teens into early adulthood. In some ways it was the sort of time that something that was recognizeable as rock; yes, pop-rock, but good to decent pop-rock, was played on mainstream airwaves. This ended, I'm not sure when, around *NSYC and the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears et al., I guess, when the industry realized that they, and their derivatives, have wider commercial and crossover appeal (with R&B and, in their later incarnations, hiphop and even more retro-rockist, when that back came more into fashion, cf. the White Stripes or whatever [which no, I wouldn't really see as conventional rock'n'roll] at least some of it's elements and all.)

Whilst the whole album (Dark Side of the Moon) is a masterpiece and has occupied many days of my life in listening time, and caused many tears to be shed, the backstory to this particular song from the album makes it all the more powerful. Singer Clare Torry:

“I said: ‘Well, what do you want?’ And basically, they had no idea,” she says in this clip. Worse still, even after listening to the tune a couple of times, Torry herself couldn’t determine a vocal angle, either.

She decided on a simple approach: “Go into the studio, put the cans on and have a little go.” Torry started with some rudimentary scatting, “and they said: ‘No, no, no. We don’t want any words.’ Well, that really stumped me. I thought: ‘Well, I really don’t know what they want, so OK, best feet forward.’ I thought: I have to pretend to be an instrument. And that gave me an avenue to explore.”

---

---

My other favourite, and #1 Floyd track, and an absolute masterpiece.. Echoes. Incredible piece of music, just before Dark Side when they really found their grove as a band. Takes me back to my teenage years and smoking under the stars in the still of night, wondering just what the fuck is going on here.

[video=youtube_share;4E5d-G-hFLo]http://youtu.be/4E5d-G-hFLo[/video]

This is grounding but since my composure is generally, undulated/ing this is applicable. ;)

90s shit

This, and it's antecedents and derivatives, was the music of my early teens into early adulthood. In some ways it was the sort of time that something that was recognizeable

Love this! <3

It is fortuitous, sometimes, to bastardize(deconstruct) your ideals; to truly understand/respect the essence of what it really means to you ;)

Because the lead in is true as fuck. Because I knew people just like Carolyn from Maryland, Snook from Red Hook, all the people and the shit he's talking about it, it's real to me. They were country gangsters, of course, not city slickers, but no less gangster. Real as fuck.

I seen death—seen thugs cry
It's bugged why we let the slugs fly
Into your brain
Thru your skull
Another thug dies
Picture your soul
Into that infinite black hole
Where many souls go
Cause of a .44 blast
Snook was one of them
So many more

^ o i feel that ! so many nas joints i could list.

i'm so obnoxious blastin this in car turnt af. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ smokin on them stupid blunts

and so much of her other stuff;

^^ this perhaps even more, the instrumental peaks are epically emotionally

as I've said before she has a voice that is neither typically "pretty" nor possesed of any musical virtuosity; but her vocals relate to her lyrics/content so perfectly and she uses what she has in a sometimes melodramatic, sometimes beautiful, sometimes haunting way, but it is just incredibly affecting.

Last edited:
another wonderful female singer/songwriters

for excessive redundant posts of videos, one more in this general genre, but this is one really special & emotive & salient for me;

(Studio Version)

As I've said elsewhere I got to meet her twice, as a big fan, and she is probably the most gracious, humble, appreciative artist to chill backstage with that you could ask for, certainly that I've ever had, and I've been backstage with quite a few, she is just fucking awesome, not to say gorgeous and tall and funny and hip and all that. A++imee Mann.

Last edited:

NSFW:

Hear the sirens.
Hear the sirens.

Hear the sirens,
Hear the circus so profound.
I hear the sirens
More and more in this here town

Let me catch my breath to breathe
And reach across the bed
Just to know we're safe
I am a grateful man

The slightest bit of light
And I can see you clear
Oh, have to take your hand
And feel your breath for fear this someday will be over

I pull you close, so much to lose knowing that nothing lasts forever
I didn't care before you were here.
I danced in laughter with the everafter
But all things change
Let this remain

Hear the sirens
Covering distance in the night.
The sound echoing closer.
Will they come for me next time?

For every choice, mistake I've made, it's not my plan
To send you in the arms of another man
And if you choose to stay I'll wait, I'll understand

Oh, it's a fragile thing
This life we lead
If I think too much I can get overwhelmed by the grace
By which we live our lives with death over our shoulders

Want you to know that should I go
I always loved you, held you high above, true.
I study your face, and the fear goes away.

It's a fragile thing, this life we lead.
If I think too much I can get overwhelmed by the grace
By which we live our lives with death over our shoulder

Want you to know that should I go,
I always loved you, held you high above, true.
I study your face, and the fear goes away,
The fear goes away,
The fear goes away,
The fear goes away.

Ah-ah, oh-oh
Ah-ah, oh-oh

NSFW:

The cycle goes on and on
An endless circle of scaring the shit out of me
As we get strung along
Dragged 'til were nothing but cosmic debris
If there's something wrong
Then there's something wrong with everything
And what spurs us on
Will pull us apart
Just trying to find our place
Fight our way through a four dimensional space
And our reward for this
Is not knowing why we exist
If there's nothing wrong
Then there's nothing wrong with anything
And what spurs us on
Will pull us apart
If I can ask one thing when I am dead
Would you lay me down by the river bed?
Let me wash away
Let it take me back from where I came
All I am and all I was is just
Blood and dirt and bones and mud
And I'm better off that way
I'm better off that way

Last edited:

NSFW:
Due to the many problems Traina exhibited from childhood, his life included a number of psychiatric hospitalizations for drug abuse and for treatment of bipolar disorder. While his mother tried everything at her disposal to get him the proper medical help, Traina died at 19, from a self-administered morphine overdose at the home of a friend, Julie Campbell. -wikipedia

I'm all alone,
I'm all alone,
Sky is white,
The pain is bright,
And I wanna get stoned.
I'm all alone.
Destiny, My destiny,
Dance with me, Dance with me, Destiny,
Destiny, My destiny,
No escaping that's for me,
My mother moans,
get off the phone,