• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting off H.

Eod317

Greenlighter
Hello all this is my first post here. Just trying to get my life back on track. Did H for about a year got to at most 1g / day. In March I started methadone yo try n get off but I can't support it financially.

I am trying to get clean and I did my past tiny bump of H about 4 hours ago. I have a subutext and 2 suboxone film 8mg. How should ok go about taking these to reduce the w/d affects. I started yesterday and was in my house and I was absolutely miserable the time went super slow I don't have a job so I am home all day it makes it so.much harder I believe.

Please help me out. I did my last methadone 60mg dosage on Monday and a little H, 1/4gram snorted, from 4pm -4am. I did enough to just get through the night.

Trust me when I say I've been in your situation a few times. It's hard coming off h period! It's the strongest opiate. The subutex take first because it doesn't have the blocker in it like Suboxone. Try and save your Suboxone and take a quarter a day if you can. It's still gonna be hard I'm coming off 120mg of methadone bro cold turkey stay away from the dope it's killing so many people. Try get more subs if you can by day 3 or 4 you'll be better than cold turkey

If you take the Suboxone first it could but you in early withdrawal witch is like full blown for 12-24 hours . Depends on the amount of h you did and how long you waited. Take the subutex first

Actually sorry the subutex WILL apparently put you in early withdrawal. It doesn't me and a few I've talked to but it does to others and I don't want to give you false information. I do know you don't want to take em too early wait atleast 3 days and wing your methadone now. I got real sick when I switched.

Methadone stays in your system for a long time depending on mg each day and time length but that's why they tell you to wait .

Both subutex and subuxone are buprenorphines and if taken too early either can put you in withdrawals. I just recently have had to come off the same thing and subutex is the ony thing that helped me as i cant seem to stomach the taste of the suboxone. Well that and my other meds. But you def wanna wait at a minimum 18-20 hours before taking your first dose and the funny thing i read up on this drug is that if your first dose doesnt make you feel even slightly better then take another dose. Not to say just keep taking it until you feel better but at least give it until your second or third dose before you give up. Hang in there i know its rough!

In my experience the longer you stay on methadone the worse it is to stop. As hard as it is to come off h, you're better off doing it cold turkey. Buy some magnesium for the cramps, some strong codeine tablets to take the edge off and some fenurgan (excuse my spelling) to help you get a little and I do mean a little sleep. Then when you feel you can, walk everywhere! Walking is the best way to kick start your body into feeling better again. Methadone is horrible to stop taking, even if done correctly under medical supervision. The stuff is evil. Hope this helped. ;-)

Here's what I know about it.

I just went through detox for H and I had used it for about a year. I have used opiates during most of my life as the environment for pain meds was much looser years ago. So! I do not recommend cold turkey as it is a living hell and most are not able to gut it out unless jailed or otherwise detained. But if I were to try to do it at home, and I consider this to be very risky behavior, first I would obtain something to keep my blood pressure down. Clonidine is most often used in detoxes. Then you have muscle relaxants, antihistamines, nausea medication, anti-diarrhetics (SP?) If you can obtain an amount of benzodiazepines such as valium, clonipin, what-have-you you will have a simulacrum of a medical detox. Of course, you will be playing doctor, and you could possibly over-medicate because hey, we are addicts that's what we do, stop breathing and die. I recommend asking other users where the best local detox is. It is still hell, but you aren't going to die and you might actually be successful. And then directly from leaving detox, find yourself a 12-step group that resonates with you and attend as if you were trying to save your life. I have 39 years of unsuccessful attempts to control my opiate yearnings, (along with many other substances) but I have failed repeatedly. The only successes that I know of other than a few anomalies, are those who hooked up with recovering whatevers like yourself that used like you did, and took the suggestions and did the work. Most resist this and go back and suffer the repeated hells of opiate withdrawals and addiction until they are successful, or they OD and die, or die of complications of their drug use. It's a grim thing. Playing with suboxone and subutex is a dangerous game. Doctors must receive special education to even administer it. Of course, insurance and money always are in play as well. I've wasted my entire life trying to find a way to either stay clean or successfully use. To sum up: to get through withdrawals you have to keep your blood pressure down. That is the horrible jangly feeling. Your muscles, including your gut muscles will cramp. It hurts like hell. You will get diarrhea, your bones will ache. You can only treat the symptoms to the best of your ability or go to a medical detox. I went 5 days once trying to kick opiates because someone told me withdrawal only lasted 3 days. By the end of the 5th day I was screaming for relief and have a morbid fear of withdrawals. My healthy fear of doing crime for opiates and then subsequently getting thrown in jail for said crime has kept me from having a huge problem (because you get thrown in jail and withdraw with no help, typically) but it's been bad enough. I could not do it at home alone and I know what to do. It's very, very tough. Take the tapering route, with a medicine you know the strength of or get help. I wish you the best. Every state is different in their approach to treatment but the privacy laws protect you somewhat from the stigma attached to addiction.. Good luck in your search for relief from opiate addiction. Also, beware of addicting yourself to benzos, which is it's own special hell, while self-administering in an attempt to quit opiates.

Last edited:
Dang been there! I don't even wanna try and give advice. I just wanna commend you! You'r brave and of i can do it so can you. And you will when your really ready. And if you are then congrats and uf your Not yet that's perfectly fine too. It CAN and WILL HAPPEN. Sorry just had to Hey this comment out. I just joined
.. So very new to everything. Hope i didn't offend our go off topic too much got anyone

Dang been there! I don't even wanna try and give advice. I just wanna commend you! You'r brave and of i can do it so can you. And you will when your really ready. And if you are then congrats and uf your Not yet that's perfectly fine too. It CAN and WILL HAPPEN. Sorry just had to Hey this comment out. I just joined
.. So very new to everything. Hope i didn't offend our go off topic too much got anyone
:\