• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm alive despite rumors to the contrary ;)

Exactly, which is why it would be dangerous to use on ones own. It's a fairly potent drug as well, steep dose/effects curve.

Wishing the best to you CJ

Never intended for some one to self treat/administer. Many doctors/psychiatrists are very familiar with the specific phisiological reactions of benzo withdrawal, and part of what makes the withdrawal so terrible is that it does cause very real neurological damage. In some cases it can take quite some time to recover, which is usually the worst case senario stories that you read about. Flumaznil seems to stop some of those reactions thus preventing the neurological damage which could significantly decrease the amount of time required for recovery. I figured since cj was in the hospital and has been seeing doctors it wouldn't hurt to inquire about it. I know if I had to do it all over again I would have wanted it when I stopped Xanax. However, I never meant to imply for self administration ;)

I feel like I am dying. I am going to double my seroquel dose in the hope of getting rid of the phychotic symptoms but I am afraid there isn't much I can do besides that.

Please be very careful double dosing seroquil - sometimes less is more ;) If you feel horrible go back to the ER and tell them you are in acute benzo withdrawal - they will give you something. I know being in and out of the hospital isn't fun, but they can give you something to help...it may be better than riding it out cold turkey. I really hope you start feeling better soon, I hate this for you.

I feel like I am dying. I am going to double my seroquel dose in the hope of getting rid of the phychotic symptoms but I am afraid there isn't much I can do besides that.

You need to tell them this. You could get parkinsonism from taking too much of an antipsychotic; it is not recommended you increase your seroquel dosage on your own.

I'm still well within the safety margin of seroquel from what I can tell. Or is the risk raised because of the benzo withdrawal?

Day 3 I'm still feeling like death. It's such a hard thing to describe but it's downright terrible.

I'm shaking so bad today. I feel like an invalid. I know this is annoying but someone please give me a timetable for how long I can expect to feel so weak for. I'm scared.

PAWS from depressants can last months to years.

I have never had a benzo problem though.

Stay strong man.

I'm shaking so bad today. I feel like an invalid. I know this is annoying but someone please give me a timetable for how long I can expect to feel so weak for. I'm scared.

I'm sorry cj. I really hope this ends soon for you. I went through that for a year straight coming off of Xanax after ten years. You won't go through it that long. No one is giving you an estimate because we really don't know exactly how long you will feel this way. Mine lasted a year which was 10% of the length of time I was on them...if you've been on the for 3 months (~90 days) then maybe you'll start feeling better, in 9 days, however it may be longer depending on how your body is responding to the benzo cessation. If you are experiencing excitotoxicity and your glutamate levels are not being regulated properly you may feel like this for a few months depending on how severely you are experiencing it. There are so many variables involved it's really anyone's guess unfortunately.

Magnesium will help with some of the shaking and weakness, get some if you don't have some already. Make certain it is a bioavailable form like citrate or oxide. Try 200mg initially, and don't take too much as it can throw off your electrolyte balance and cause other issues. Make certain you are getting calcium on your diet while supplementing with magnesium.

This isn't what you want to hear by exercise. Exercise will help with some of these symptoms as well. You don't have to kill yourself working out, just go for an hour long walk or something else that's not too extensive.

Keep yourself as distracted as possible. Whether it be movies or video games, whatever you have an interest in to to stay engaged with it so you are not focused on how terrible you feel. I am so sorry you are going through this but it will get better.

I went through a CT WD off opiates and benzos. I had been taking clonazepam for about 4-5 months I think. I was is misery for about 6 days with RLS and severe pain! It does get better every day. Little by little.

I have had to go back to opiates but to chronic severe pain but not benzos.

I know the struggle, maybe you don't know it but this could be the worst day and tomorrow's gonna be easier! Try believing that. Do it minute by minute!!!

Good luck!

Scared, anxious, desperate, its hard to know how I feel from one moment to the next. I have a bad feeling I haven't been properly tapered and am suffering brain damage. This is the first time I have ever heard voices before and its so fucking unsettling. I know I am kinda old for my first psychotic break but I cant get the possibility out of my head. My mind is my most valuable asset and I feel I may have wrecked it. I have 1 more mg of Ativan for in the morning then its going to be game time I guess.

Thanks for checking up and caring. I am not in a position to get a better taper or more benzos so any advice outside of those two is welcome.

In my WD I never heard voices, but I did feel thingso move. I felt like my sheets being pulled off me and the bed shaking, stuff like that! I thought I was being attacked by demons, who knows maybe I was! Anyway, I say that to say you're gonna be ok. It's all just temporary!

Thanks for the advice. I just can't get over how much worse this is than opiate withdrawal. Like not even in the same league. I thought I had felt misery before but I didn't feel anything. Crazy.

A year of this? God damn you have my everlasting respect for that one. I could not even imagine.

I'm sorry cj. I really hope this ends soon for you. I went through that for a year straight coming off of Xanax after ten years. You won't go through it that long. No one is giving you an estimate because we really don't know exactly how long you will feel this way. Mine lasted a year which was 10% of the length of time I was on them...if you've been on the for 3 months (~90 days) then maybe you'll start feeling better, in 9 days, however it may be longer depending on how your body is responding to the benzo cessation. If you are experiencing excitotoxicity and your glutamate levels are not being regulated properly you may feel like this for a few months depending on how severely you are experiencing it. There are so many variables involved it's really anyone's guess unfortunately.

Magnesium will help with some of the shaking and weakness, get some if you don't have some already. Make certain it is a bioavailable form like citrate or oxide. Try 200mg initially, and don't take too much as it can throw off your electrolyte balance and cause other issues. Make certain you are getting calcium on your diet while supplementing with magnesium.

This isn't what you want to hear by exercise. Exercise will help with some of these symptoms as well. You don't have to kill yourself working out, just go for an hour long walk or something else that's not too extensive.

Keep yourself as distracted as possible. Whether it be movies or video games, whatever you have an interest in to to stay engaged with it so you are not focused on how terrible you feel. I am so sorry you are going through this but it will get better.

definitely listen to Moreaux; magnesium and other supplements can definitely help!

Talk to the doctors about having some panels run and see what vitamins/minerals they recommend. Drug abuse often messes up our natural balance.

I got the magnesium. Im hoping that will help with the jaw clenching too. I am 100 hours since my last dose of Ativan. It sucks but I am not really craving benzos at all tbh. I am going to get through this. Thanks for the encouragement.

Way to go cj!! Keep loving your choice to quit. Sometimes our brains tell us we were so dumb to try quitting, really it will start to get betfer! Good luck! Good job!!!

I got the magnesium. Im hoping that will help with the jaw clenching too. I am 100 hours since my last dose of Ativan. It sucks but I am not really craving benzos at all tbh. I am going to get through this. Thanks for the encouragement.

Magnesium is one of my favorite supplements. Which kind did you get? I prefer Doctor's Best High Absorption magnesium.
It is a chelated glycinate form and does wonders for my anxiety among other things.

Hi, cj....sending positivity your way. A friend of mine has borderline pd and I’ve read up on it. (We both have bipolar, too, which is how we met.). My friend definitely struggles and her polyaddictions make her bpd symptoms worse. (I do have another friend who worked hard in therapy and she?s doing amazing)

My other BPD friend that is struggling:

Understandably, she wants to escape the daily pain of BPD and bipolar. But it makes her temper flare a lot and she gets into altercations with her fiance.

I didn’t write that in judgement...I wanted to commend you for working so hard through it all. Mental illness with depression (please remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem...no, the illnesses won?t go away but happiness is possible. It is).

I’m going to throw in my two cents here...take what sounds good, chuck the rest. It’s long, but I tried to think of ways to support you. You have options, that is GOOD.

-Living situation: The Salvation Army may be a resource. It?s worth looking into it. Also, research online and know where homeless shelters are NOW; some can help with transitional housing, meals, etc. I know there are pros/cons, but just being on the street may affect your Suboxone etc.

know where a methadone clinic is. Just in case. A therapist told me hope for the best, plan for the worst. This is your backup resource. Ignore this if this is unhelpful...I don?t know much about methadone clinics.

And hopefully there’s public transit...try and get the bus routes to utilize it later on.

Churches often can be a resource and supportive. I know Baptist churches often help those in need.

Ask your therapist and psychiatrist for any resources, too. My therapist had me go on meetup and I found a local, free support group and it’s awesome.

Look for one for depression and maybe there is one for BPD, too. In my bipolar group, people develop friendships and I recall one member let another crash on her couch for awhile. NAMI and DBSA will have meetings, too.

Do you benefit going to NA/AA meetings? If not, there is SMART recovery with free meetings and SoberRecovery dot com is a great site.

I think taking it day by day is best; suboxone tapering can wait, IMO. Stick to not abusing it, you got this.

State hospitals: I have heard similar things and you don?t have nearly as much control when you?re released. It, don?t write off going to the local ER if you aren?t safe. If they transfer you to state...so be it. I know BPD and depression can make you unsafe. You?re more than your illnesses, but if you?re unsafe...ER! I?ve been IP several times and it?s no party, but I?ve never regretted it.

And my psychiatrist said that being unable to take care of daily living needs is grounds for IP, you don?t have to be suicidal. If your depression prevents you from basic daily survival and self care...I?ve been admitted. I?ve always gone voluntarily.

Give DBT a chance. Tons of info on the Internet psychcentral dot come plus forums, chat and online meetings.

Meds...my friend finds an atypical antipsychotic and Lamictal help tremendously. Not med advice, just saying she finds them helpful with depressive mood stabilization and sleep. Avoid Zyprexa, IMO. My psychiatrist won?t even prescribe it to any patients due to major weight gain.

Discuss meds with psychiatrist...I?m not giving professional advice (recovered alcoholic, disabled attorney...no doctor here lol).

Filing for SSDI and SSI now is good timing with the hospital IPs. Focus heavily on the depression and you need to remain in treatment. I applied online and was approved in two months, it doesn?t always take years.

Most disability attorneys don?t get involved until the application is denied. Fee structure is the same for appeals so no need to shop around just get a firm that specializes in it.

There are firms that help with the application, I‘ve heard, so go for it if you can afford it.

It’s critical to tell your attorney about the probation violation...not legal advice but you don?t want that matter unresolved when you apply. Disclose to the attorney history etc. Confidential.

Get a flat fee on that during your free consultation 7 cups of Tea online is a resource for free, trained listeners. There are warm lines, too. And suicide hotlines. Reach out!

Journal if it helps you. It makes me worse but most like it.

ketamine infusions were excellent for me but it?s very expensive, some offer financing.

of course keep in touch here so we can support you!

Ask your mom how her day was at work, etc. you mentioned half-finished can you help at the lake house? It shows gratitude and it will boost dopamine and vit D from the sun improves mood. Clean, .whatever. Random acts of kindness. Win-win!

As part of your disability application you will need to give a name and number of someone close to you that can describe your daily life. Sounds like it will be your mom. Just FYI. No need to tell her now. It’s not a huge deal.

Mindfulness! Crucial DBT skill and feels great. I like Radical Acceptance, too. Work with your therapist, open slate is best

Try squeezing ice cubes when SH urges arise.

DBSA has an online clubhouse that is helpful. Create a toolbox of coping skills. Ask your therapist, too. Know your triggers and get therapy guidance on navigating them.

You are are not alone.

The past is gone, the future is uncertain. Stay with today...hope for the best and plan for speed bumps. Do not worry about what you cannot control. Your self care is #1.

Relationships and a girlfriend will happen in due time.

xo, Rainy

Last edited: