• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Exploring Sacred Geometry

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Sacred geometry has remained a somewhat esoteric discipline throughout the ages, but seems to have found a footing in more mainstream western thought and culture. I've gathered that many BLers have explored this topic but have yet to see a thread dedicated to sacred geometry. I'm hoping this thread can give those BLers a place to share their interests, experiences, stories and ideas.

What books have you read and can you recommend on the subject? Is sacred geometry a part of your spiritual practice? How has sacred geometry helped you?

I'm admittedly new to the concepts and practices of sacred geometry. My exposure, like many others, came through the book "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" by Drunvalo Melchizedek and also through a lesser know book "Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are" by Bob Frissell. These are just one of many approaches to sacred geometry.

I found the stories in these books to be intriguing but also somewhat immaterial to my understanding as I read them. Nonetheless I bought a compass and ruler and somewhat freestyle began exploring these concepts and constructions. I found it awoke a certain wonder in me that had fizzled out over the years. Spiritual interpretations aside, I found it really powerful to explore concepts in math and geometry the way the ancients did, seeing what concepts come out of the compass and ruler constructions as if discovering them for the first time. I felt my previous learnings congealing in a much more elegant way. This emphasis was completely lacking from my formal education. Sacred geometry is like a hologram for a multi-layered conceptual understanding.

My take away is that sacred geometry seems to integrate the left and right brain in a harmonious way.

Being admittedly new to this I'd like to step back and learn from your experiences and interests.

Thanks for posting it. I've seen that one before too and it hit a nerve. I don't have a lot of admiration for Drunvalo. He is too egotistical and too much of a storyteller for my liking. Often his stories have proven to be wrong, which he either ignores or comes up with a more fantastical explanation. It's an aspect of the new age movement that bothers the hell out of me. It's very difficult to respect the teachings of a less than upright teacher. I had a similar reaction to Vianna Stibal of the Theta Healing modality. I really respected the work for a while till I heard some formal complaints about the teacher that were beyond disturbing.

All that said, Drunvalo didn't invent sacred geometry. He was a popularizer of it and a charismatic one at that from what I hear. I honestly enjoyed Bob Frissells book more. He was facilitator of the material for Drunvalo and has a lot more integrity as a teacher if you ask me. I often have to remind myself of this with some of these teachers.

I agree wholeheartedly. In addition to Bob Frissell do you have any other teachers you would recommend? The scope of my reading only reaches Osho, Ram Dass, Thich Nhat Hanh, etc. Not so much the more almost occultish teachers, and I mean that in regards to all this knowledge instead of purely teaching peace, love, and awareness. Does that make sense?

those are great books. The RA Material:Law of One was significant to me. Just read it and was surprised I hadn't read it sooner. A lot of things clicked for me after that. Links traditional spiritual understanding and a multi-density picture of the universe with lots of beings at every density evolving/ascending.

The energetic synthesis material came alive to me recently. I've been reading and studying that a lot. I can finally stomach that stuff. Used to piss me off.

Any recommendations for specific materials regarding energetic synthesis?

If it interests you, check out:

http://energeticsynthesis.com/index.php/79-energetic-synthesis/2510-where-can-i-start

I listen to the approximately monthly shifting timelines newsletter, use the glossary on a regular basis to get a perspective on other things I read and try some of the practices now and again. I watch YouTube videos online. There's a lifetime worth of material there. I'm just scratching the surface now, but it has helped me to integrate a lot of strange things I read. The right material just comes to you after a while based on what your interests are. Treat it all with a light touch cause some of it is heavy. Ninae and other posters here open doors for a lot of the stuff I read.

I'm on vacation but will check it out when I have time, many thanks levelsBeyond <3

I've been thinking about this topic a lot lately and it has gotten interesting.

I came across the following website by Dr. Stephen M. Phillips that I'll be consulting for years to come. Amazing! Its scope is pretty gigantic.

http://www.smphillips.8m.com/index.html (Edit: this link appears to be broken. I've found this material again at this address: http://www.smphillips.mysite.com/)

He's a physicist with interests in particle physics, sacred geometry, theosophy, string theory, etc. he touches it all. You got to give the guy credit, he's done something truely amazing. It touches on everything. Sacred geometry, the tree of life (biblical and polyhedral), the I-Ching, Platonic solids, Sri yantra, occult chemistry, string theory, music theory, etc, etc and shows connections between them that, well, yes, there are connections. You can't ignore it. There is a bit of wizardry in how they fit together that is questionable but nonetheless, thorough.

there are underlying biblical interpretations at play that many will find immediately off-putting, myself included.

The cherry on the cake is how legendary clairvoyant observations by theosophists Annie Besant and Charles W. Leadbeater of the fundamental building blocks of matter made before the discovery of the atom fit in with a contemporary understanding of particle physics in a surprising way. I've been interested in these in the past. Basically, they were observing the sub-structure of quarks according to Phillips. String theory fits into this too, in a new way using symmetry arguements that are again connected to sacred geometry. The picture he paints is worth a look and is a real find for a person like me

Of course, if that wasn't enough, other material I'm reading from Lisa Renee suggests that the tree of life in Kaballah traditions with 10 sephiroth and based on Fibonacci geometries of expansion (as taught by new age authors like drunvalo in his flower of life book) have a much more sinister motivation. The correct geometry is that of the 12 tree grid.

12TreeGrid.jpg

My head hurts, but this is getting really interesting. This of course I am trying to understand all at the same time.

So, is our universe base-10 or base-12 regarding the tree of life? I've got my own bias, but interesting to finally see that there is an existential disagreement going on here of universal proportions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting about you mentioning a 12 sephiroth system, my brother and I had been theorising for a while that a new branch of the tree was being created. My theories, research, and guidance I have recieved about ascension also fit this model. There's a hell of a lot of info on that site. I had a brief look and don't really have the time right now, but do you happen to know how they consider the 12th sephiroth? I remember a few years back furiously searching for theories on a 12th but was always unsuccessful!

I should add that (in my understanding) Kabbalah has always had at least an 11 sephiroth system. Sometimes Da'ath is not shown, especially for early initiates. There are actually some systems that consider Ein Sof the 12th sephiroth. Personally from my understanding I never did, it's more a "non-state".

Last edited:
I've spent a lot of time on that website recently and have found no evidence of him mentioning the 12 sephiroth system. He has on a few occasions cast doubt on the work of others who use base-12 systems for understanding music as a concrete example. His interpretation of sacred geometry is very clearly stated to be based on the 10 sephiroth system. The da'ath you mention, as far as I understand is not a proper sephiroth but is used to construct the four worlds (chakras, angels, archangels and divine names) in Kaballah from the tree of life which represent higher level understandings. That's a superficial way of saying it and this is all pretty new to me.

I've been exposed to these ideas for a while now but it has been passively entertained cause I have no idea what to do with this stuff. I've been guided towards the base-12 system my whole life (crucially in 2011 when I decided to interpret numerology according to base-12 since that was what was coming into my life) without having a way of appreciating what that was all about. Only recently have I been able to see them in some historical context. I'm a slow learner considering that it has been on my plate for a while now. None of this is set in stone yet for me either, just guess by sharing this, some might consider that there is possibly a different picture at play here.

The merkaba and ascension mechanisms come into this as well. some are trying to make this precise using Fibonacci vs. Krystal spiral dynamics. The following link is a superficial, hand-waving and biased analysis of the two systems. There is enough information there to see the basic symmetries being discussed and figure out the sources of this information in historical contexts. I still don't have a strong position on the matter. Seems others out there are picking up on this too though in their own way. Thanks for sharing. This has been a weird and confusing ride for me.

http://www.emeraldguardians.nl.eu.org/2013/06/metatronic-flower-of-life-deception.html

I've spent a lot of time on that website recently and have found no evidence of him mentioning the 12 sephiroth system. He has on a few occasions cast doubt on the work of others who use base-12 systems for understanding music as a concrete example. His interpretation of sacred geometry is very clearly stated to be based on the 10 sephiroth system.

Ah wait a sec, I thinnk I got my wires crossed. You didn't say Dr Phillips espoused 12 base system, you mentioned it was Lisa Renee. I will look into thhat some more, thanks for the heads up.

The da'ath you mention, as far as I understand is not a proper sephiroth but is used to construct the four worlds (chakras, angels, archangels and divine names) in Kaballah from the tree of life which represent higher level understandings. That's a superficial way of saying it and this is all pretty new to me.

Yeh that's pretty close to my understanding, but it is still considered a Path on the Tree which is why western occultists consider it a sephirah in its own right. I should mention my understanding comes from 'Q'abalah, not 'K'abalah ( a point I should of actually made in my first post, I was being lazy), the Q represents the split made purposefully by western occultists from traditional Kabalah, in order to add their own understanding and research into the evolving tree.

In the Qabalistic system of Crowley, the Abyss contains the 11th (hidden) sephira, Da'ath, which separates the lower sephiroth from the supernals. This account derives from the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn's view of Genesis,[7] in which Da'ath represents the fall of man from a unified consciousness into a duality between ego and divine nature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyss_(Thelema)

I suspect that at the higher levels of traditional Kabalah this is also true, but I doubt you'll find much publicly. Crowley pissed off a lot of people when he started publishing high level initiate understanding of various mystery schools. But otherwise, openly, Kabalah is a 10 sephiroth system like Dr Philips states.

I am in a state of re-evaluating many areas of understanding at the moment, I have a few pieces but I'm not quite sure how they fit together. I'm not sure whether it was always a base 12 system, I think the tree evolves and new spheres are generated each time a sphere uses up its potential for novel creation, and it sort of bursts open, reaches breaking point (the singularity). It's at this point a new sphere (sephiroth) is created. The imbalance we have seen in many areas may be indicative of a new sphere being created. Bits of infrastructure are being tentatively created in order to make this jump smooth for us.
I've heard of some people claim 144 levels to reality, so maybe its only our local universe which is experiencing this jump, and it has actually already happened in the grand scheme of the universe.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, it doesn't properly to me yet but I thought I'd chuck it out there.

I think it's interesting what people are trying to do with the more technical and mathematical side of ascension mechanics. I haven't read much on it so thanks for the link.

It's interesting to see that these ideas emerge at the same time as Kabbalah (sorry, there are so many spellings involved here so forgive my ignorance, I hope it is clear I'm just a tourist in all this so don't read into my various spellings - the definitions I have provided come from the Dr Phillips link) in the 12th century. Catharism arose during this time as well. The Catholics killed these people off even though they led beautiful, peaceful lives and held very progressive ideas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism

Anyways, if my sources are correct the kathara or 12 grid tree of life seems to arise during this time before falling back into oblivion. It is now coming back in unusual forms from teachings by Ashayana Deane, Lisa Renee, MCEO teachings, Ascension Whispers websites, etc. some of these people have disagreements with one another (big surprise).

Thelma, Crowley and those types of teachings are a whole different thing to me. I didn't realize these ideas come into play as well. I'm open minded and all but people like Crowley are completely opposed to my world view. I don't see them as building unity in any form. They serve themselves at the expense of others. I think it is hard to interpret it differently. I see now this occult stuff is pretty intertwined and inescapable from these discussions. Wish it wasn't cause geometry is cool. Interesting to see how this has played out historically. If this is indeed a manifestation of spiritual truths, guess I want to know, but damn, wish it didn't have to get all occult every time I look.

Expanding further on this discussion, some might be interested in the following links:

Aurora: Flying Rainbow Lasagne- visualizing multi dimensional consciousness

Vortex-based mathematics expresses the pattern of creation in the Krystal_Star encoding. You can learn more about vortex mathematics by pursuing this link. The Fibonacci based encoding expresses timelines that are inorganic based on my current understanding. These terms need to be understood in their proper context. It's taken me six years to tune into these encodings and this is just beginning. I am perusing them actively. Anyways, this stuff really speaks to me. Hope you enjoy these links. I'm happy to discuss this with anyone that is interested. Please be respectful of this discussion if you have no background in it. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap I was interested but seems complicated. My favorite drummer Danny Carey of Tool sets up his drim kit in sacred geometry. Gonna do some basic reading

The following two articles are an excellent overview of some of the concepts explored in this thread. This directly contradicts the sacred geometry espoused and popularized bt Drunvalo Melchizedek. He's gotta be one of the worst offenders of the new age movement because he carefully blends truths with deceptions. In Drunvalo's case I feel the deception is Lucifarian and intentionally designed to lead humanity astray. Anyways, that's my take. I drank the kool aid too for a while before realizing it tasted like shit. The following articles are a great place to deepen your understanding behind the 12-tree grid, the krystal sequence (vs fibonacci), triwave field (vs vesica pisces) etc, etc

https://zeteticzen.wordpress.com/2016/12/08/the-flower-of-life-deception-metatronic-expose-part-1/

https://zeteticzen.wordpress.com/2016/12/08/the-flower-of-life-deception-metatronic-expose-part-2/