• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello from Canada

DaysNDaze

Bluelighter
Hi there,

I just recently registered to this site although I've been a guest reading through the forums for years.

My DOC is opiates, particularly anything with oxycodone in it. I'm a 25 year old woman now and I have only quit successfully once when I was 22 for about 9 months. God I wish I could get back to that person. I'm so deep in my addiction now I don't know if I'll ever get out of this hole.

I'll save you all the details for a thread in the dark side forums because seriously, I'm an empathic person who has been holding my feelings inside since as long as I can remember and also burdening myself with the problems of others for as long as I can remember. I remember my father saying to me not too long ago "I remember you being less than a year old, caring about the well being of others."

What hurts me the most is I could have done so much more with my life. Some would say I already have it all, a pretty reputable position for a sanitation company, the means to pay my way to get whatever I need in life. Unfortunately I always seem to screw it up with my addiction.

Anyways, I'm hoping to use this site as a therapeutic thing to get some of these festering emotions out. I want to get off the opiates for good, and hoping to get some support here also. Some of the user's stories on here have truly inspired me and I am so happy for all of you that have conquered this nasty demon. Many props to you.

I'm using the mobile version for now because my laptop has a cracked screen and I have to hook it up to my TV, it's more of a hassle than it's worth at the moment, but I'll try to get my profile and avatar going soon.

Thanks for listening and looking forward to meeting all of you.

Hey days! I feel your pain...I was addicted to heroin and cocaine for years. Im from vancouver but had to go far far away to get clean. I went to florida for in patient rehab and am now 3 years clean! My life has never been so great, now im back home and can happily chime in on my thoughts thru this forum. Have you ever thought about treatment?

Hey days! I feel your pain...I was addicted to heroin and cocaine for years. Im from vancouver but had to go far far away to get clean. I went to florida for in patient rehab and am now 3 years clean! My life has never been so great, now im back home and can happily chime in on my thoughts thru this forum. Have you ever thought about treatment?

Yea. I'm starting to think that mught be the only way I'll ever get better. Did you have to pay for it? Unfortunately my financial situation wouldn't allow it and while I could probably get the time off work, bills wouldn't get paid and that would be a probelm.

i unfortunately did have to pay for...but, dont give up because of that! theres alot of resources out there for people like us! message me if you ever need! best of luck and god less

I can relate to so much you wrote. This is by far the best site ever. It definitely makes you feel like you're not all alone. Much love and prayers to you <3

UPDATE: off the opiates! Was on suboxone for a few months but I was determined not to be on that for the rest of my life and was able to get off that also! Can't believe where I am today. Now just a little bit of kratom here and there if I have a bad day. Just popped in here to check my old posts and see whats what.
Also, 30 weeks pregnant with my first child. It's a boy! :)