• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Simulation Theory

When I started this thread I *was* coming from a point of faith, having come down from what I consider a spiritual experience. I don't feel like simulation theory and traditional religion such as Christianity are mutually exclusive. In fact I find them to mesh quite well from my perspective, and as you mention a simulation requires a programmer. Simulation theory does put a more contemporary wording to explaining The Mystery; whether it is a closer approximation to the truth or merely another lenses to distort it is up for debate. The theory's inability to be proven or disproven (at this time) makes it no more or less valid than any religion.
To me, Science is a means to uncover greater truths of God's nature (among many more practical applications), so I gladly entertain simulation theory for insights and possibly greater understanding. I do not explore the sciences with the intention to disprove the existence of God or the validity of any religion. Why religious conservatives often see science as inherently evil or an attack on God still scratches my head.

When I started this thread I *was* coming from a point of faith, having come down from what I consider a spiritual experience. I don't feel like simulation theory and traditional religion such as Christianity are mutually exclusive. In fact I find them to mesh quite well from my perspective, and as you mention a simulation requires a programmer. Simulation theory does put a more contemporary wording to explaining The Mystery; whether it is a closer approximation to the truth or merely another lenses to distort it is up for debate. The theory's inability to be proven or disproven (at this time) makes it no more or less valid than any religion.
To me, Science is a means to uncover greater truths of God's nature (among many more practical applications), so I gladly entertain simulation theory for insights and possibly greater understanding. I do not explore the sciences with the intention to disprove the existence of God or the validity of any religion. Why religious conservatives often see science as inherently evil or an attack on God still scratches my head.

Beautifully written my friend, sadly many seem to think that science (gnosis) and God are mutually exclusive for some reason..

I found some more examples of the Mandala effect beyond Berenstain bears.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopherhudspeth/crazy-examples-of-the-mandela-effect-that-will-make-you-ques?utm_term=.oh0B7YrMeD#.ryMonpjAxb

Number 18 comes as the biggest surprise. I could have sworn it was “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"
While the famous Snow White quote you’ve probably heard others say and repeated yourself is “Mirror, mirror on the wall,” it turns out the correct line is “Magic mirror on the wall.” Some people also remember the second part of that quote being “Who is the fairest of them all?” but apparently it's “Who is the fairest one of all?”

Here are some more, many of them repeats:
http://www.kiwireport.com/31-mandela-effect-examples-will-make-question-everything/

What do you think? Any one of these surprising to you?

^The Queen one surprised me. I can hear him say "...of the world" at the end.

The Mirror, Mirror one has been debunked though. Both versions have been used. That said, I've never heard Magic Mirror used :\

None of these are really evidence of simulations or the like, but are interesting insights into the fallibility of memory.

Great video Vortech, I hadn't found Tom Campbell on YT before, thank you for the link.

I watched/listened to the entire interview, his comments in the last five minutes were excellent. I love how he challenges every belief or "truth" with such simple logic. My beliefs have nearly all perished and the few remaining ones I probably haven't noticed yet, having lived through deep childhood religious infusion this basic perspective actually helps both the scientific community and the religious community to realize they have common ground.

The next logical step from this position is too assume it true, then to predict experimental results for hacking this simulation from within. It we begin with the premise that requesting an answer or measuring calls for results to become absolute, this would drastically change the way we literally think of our world.

I use to scoff at simulation theory until finally I decided to have an open mind about it. It is interesting to think about and would be an easy explanation for so many things. But I have a question for you, say we are in a simulation. And our creators are also a simulation and so on; how did the ultimate creators who started it all come into being?

If Earth is just a program, there must be a way to hack this thing to create our Utopian dreams come true.

That's exactly what I hope too and I am spending my last years looking into whatever I can do to never return here. I have higher standards and I want a better game.