• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

August Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Full Moons and Nights

Going to see Adelle with my 17 YO nephew who he adores and Coldplay several days after that with my partner, and planning our wedding.

^^^awesome! I am planning on being healthy by the end of the month!

Going to see Adelle with my 17 YO nephew who he adores and Coldplay several days after that with my partner, and planning our wedding.

That is indeed awesome. I dont mean to get too personal, but Im curious what your ideas are for the wedding. The though of a bug wedding never appealed to me, but that is just me, it isnt like i have a big fanily.

LOL =D but now that I think of it that would be pretty fucking cool! That is what I get for using my phone to post in class...

This is why I wonder why people don't take me less seriously :)

Aug 1st marked four years free from opiates, benzos and the other drugs that chewed me up and spit me on a roaring fire. =D<3=D

Hell yeah NSA, you're rock'n!!!! You're an inspiration to us all you know :) <3

were you able to quit tobacco? <3

No not yet.. I have given up cigs.. but took up cigars.. overall health benefit seems very good.. I no longer cough like a lunger.. my smell and taste has returned significantly, but it's still not good for me by any meanz.. tough ass addiction 4 me.

Tobacco makes me sick, in any form. Same as Alcohol. Just wish it was the same for Opiates haha.

I ride BMX and have done since I was a teen, that is my plans. Oh, and a trip to Ibiza for some partying, well not quite as much as I used to ;)

Stay safe.

Nice! I used to love riding BMX, it has been about four years. Not gonna visit Majorca and eat some sardines? So sad, though I'm still suuuuuuuper envious :)

At 5 weeks sober.

Just got back from California a week ago. Coming back to reality and all its stressors has been tough. Felt like I made progress on healing while away, but slipping back into my anxiety patterns now that I'm back. Just trying to take it one step at a time. I have a real tendency to have all current problems and unresolved decisions spinning around in my mind at once which feels pretty overwhelming. Trying to meditate daily but today that didn't even feel like enough :/

No not yet.. I have given up cigs.. but took up cigars.. overall health benefit seems very good.. I no longer cough like a lunger.. my smell and taste has returned significantly, but it's still not good for me by any meanz.. tough ass addiction 4 me.

I guess if you're like Bill Clinton, not inhaling and stuff, then that's a step! :)

Half the addiction is the process of anticipation and the build-up toward the reward.

I know one day you'll do it buddy :)

At 5 weeks sober.

Just got back from California a week ago. Coming back to reality and all its stressors has been tough. Felt like I made progress on healing while away, but slipping back into my anxiety patterns now that I'm back. Just trying to take it one step at a time. I have a real tendency to have all current problems and unresolved decisions spinning around in my mind at once which feels pretty overwhelming. Trying to meditate daily but today that didn't even feel like enough :/

You did it though!

I can't go like 5 hours without cannabinoids. I have a lot of respect for you! You're really strong, don't let anything detract from that. :) <3

It's something I say to my girlfriend. Focus on one small part of a problem at a time....it's less anxiety causing.

Three more days of meds then I can get my body in order again....I can't wait to start working out again...but I have to be careful I don't do it compulsively...

thanks, captain. really kind of you. yeah.. just trying to focus on one thing at a time. always easier said than done.. but it's the only way not to implode.

how are you guys doing?