• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subs vs Meth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebron73

Greenlighter
Trying to get my s**t together got myself on Subox. Question is ,,,,, should I have started the Methadone instead of Subs?? To each is own , that I know but I'm looking for others opinions and thoughts concerning both maintenance programs. Personal experience preferred if you have not struggled with addiction please don't bother . I live in the capital city of Conn. "Da Beat"...... top distenation for addicts in Conn. Trust me I'm working on getting outta here ASAP !! Back in recovery from my last run smfh.....

I wish the best to you, my friend. I was on MD-ordered Suboxone 3 times and I just could not comply. I found myself doing heroin because you don't have to wait very long for the blocking effect to wear off. I always sold 'em for dope money. I purely wanted to get off heroin and all its side-effects: no money, overdosing, cops, self-hatred.

Methadone, with all its requirements, has been more successful, for me. Even though the requirements: every day dosing, drug testing, etc. are a pain in the ass, I have been mostly clean. I still drink Heinekens unless I take my Antabuse. The counseling is appreciated and I like the groups because I got to know the people. Everyone kind of hides with their bullshit as do I. But eventually, you earn your take-homes. I lost 4 of 'em when I relapsed but will get them back soon.

The problem with Suboxone occurs after the pharmacist puts them in my dope-fiend hands!

Getting off both of those drugs is a bitch. I am almost 64 so I don't mind if I stay on methadone the rest of my life. I am really tired of the bullshit that the drug life required. Fuck that.

I had one serious relapse in the past 18 months on the clinic. Because of the clinic, that relapse was better than in times past. I didn't end up losing everything: my car, apartment, my friends in AA, and my freedom. I did lose lots of money and that sets me on my ass. I am a junior in college and quite old. I don't mind it at all. I have been involved with all this heroin bullshit since I was 17.

The friends I have made are not the types of "Hey, how you doing? I need some dope. Can you help me out?" When I went to jail, those guys were NEVER there for me.

Keep your chin up, and don't die or end up in the box like everyone else does. Mikie

Last edited:
Methadone is better coming of the H but the withdrawal is worse than the H withdrawal it was horrible. Subs are good and easier to wing yourself down in my opinion either way good luck bro

If you choose to go the methadone rout PLEASE DO NOT mix other drugs with it, or even over Medicate with certain prescriptions like xanax, klonopin, barbiturates, alcohol,etc..take it from me bro, i went to the clinic for 3yrs and no low , every week someone from the clinic drops dead of a fatal drug mixture with the methadone, mostly benzos, however I know a few personally that died just by drinking alcohol and taking lyrica . Methadone is a while other ballfield! Be safe

closing thread, in future this topic should be posted in the Other Drugs section

Status
Not open for further replies.