• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I don't know.. today I took some St. John's Wort (admittedly, about twice what the daily dose is) and I vowed not to do kratom. These vows typically never work, and I always reach into that cupboard. But today I actually feel less craving, and right now I'm sober and just tired. Do you think it could be the St. Johns? I'm also drinking some chamomile tea.

I'm probably beating the dead horse with this, but seriously don't underestimate the power of your own mind. The St. John's might have been helping. Have you tried Kava yet? Its actually quite inexpensive, and you can even catch a little buzz off of it. I also find it fantastic for controlling cravings. You just have to make sure it's prepared properly or it won't do anything

I know what you mean.. I might try 5 HTP too.

For me when I took St. John's it worked immediately, almost an hour later. I felt elevated mood and more positivity. Although I did not have severe cravings that night, I decided to take the kratom anyway. But the cravings weren't like physical need that they usually are.
I just did some kratom but I think I'm going to take a St. Johns just to see how it interacts with it.

There's also kava kava, which can be relatively expensive... or just plain chamomile sleep tea (if you take enough of that stuff) ..

The cravings for me are only bad the first 3 days, after that I'm usually fine, my problem is I always fall back into daily use within a week. Chamomile tea is good, I often drink a strong cup of that or green tea while waiting for my kratom to kick in. I've tried kava on more than one occasion and other than a numb mouth I can't remember getting much else from it.

I'm probably beating the dead horse with this, but seriously don't underestimate the power of your own mind. The St. John's might have been helping. Have you tried Kava yet? Its actually quite inexpensive, and you can even catch a little buzz off of it. I also find it fantastic for controlling cravings. You just have to make sure it's prepared properly or it won't do anything

I've tried Kava kava. My ex used to take that for depression and anxiety. It's not as cheap here in Canada, just like kratom is way more expensive than it is in the US (about 60$ for 150 grams). A 16oz bag of pure kava root (the gritty stuff, not the pills) goes for 30$ and I remember needing a LOT of it to feel the effects.. you mix it in milk or something. The pills are even more, running from 25$ to 35$ for a box of 120 or so. That might be cheap for some, but I got 90 capsules of St. John's for 7.99$

Eh,
I can't say I slept well not doing the kratom last night, but I slept a bit and I'm doing OK. Don't have my usual energy today for exercise.

The cravings for me are only bad the first 3 days, after that I'm usually fine, my problem is I always fall back into daily use within a week. Chamomile tea is good, I often drink a strong cup of that or green tea while waiting for my kratom to kick in. I've tried kava on more than one occasion and other than a numb mouth I can't remember getting much else from it.

I fall back into daily use quite quickly. I only really break when I find myself doing 4 or 5+ teaspoons a night, or double-dosing to the point where I feel it's an unacceptable amount and then not getting much of a buzz from it. To be honest I've had nights where just satisfying the craving for krat, even without much of a buzz, was in itself euphoric... kind of like aligning my mind to where it's supposed to be (haha, so bad) :(

I don't know how 3 days would feel, as I've never gone that long. The longest I've gone was 2 days, about a month ago... by the second day I came home from a family function and just downed it. I worry about the future.. like having kids and stuff. I'm going to have to stop this stuff indefinitely and clear my mind completely of it. At least when I am pregnant, I cannot take it. And then I don't want to be buzzed in front of my kids. But I do know lots of parents who smoke pot after their kids go to bed.

Being a long time user and dependent(again) on kratom I often don't get a buzz from it by itself, for me it's more of a feeling of content but it shines with weed though. For a tolerance break I took a month off c/t a year ago and because of constipation issues I sometimes have to take 2-3 days off when it gets really bad so I can get things moving again so I'm all too familiar with the withdrawal.

Even though the w/d symptoms are mild the cravings just to "get well" generally leads me into giving in. I've gone through much worse w/d in the last couple years than my current, mostly once a day habit so I don't get why I'm so mentally weak when it comes to trying to take a break for a week or so. What's even more pathetic is I'm sitting on enough comfort meds to make it a walk in the park. :\

Being a long time user and dependent(again) on kratom I often don't get a buzz from it by itself, for me it's more of a feeling of content but it shines with weed though. For a tolerance break I took a month off c/t a year ago and because of constipation issues I sometimes have to take 2-3 days off when it gets really bad so I can get things moving again so I'm all too familiar with the withdrawal.

Even though the w/d symptoms are mild the cravings just to "get well" generally leads me into giving in. I've gone through much worse w/d in the last couple years than my current, mostly once a day habit so I don't get why I'm so mentally weak when it comes to trying to take a break for a week or so. What's even more pathetic is I'm sitting on enough comfort meds to make it a walk in the park. :\

I know.. I worry about simply craving it indefinitely until I finally have it. :( I can imagine myself craving it for a month if I have to. But then again I've never done that long so I don't know how the brain would react. Perhaps at that point the brain would see it more as a 'reward' rather than a nightly need.

It's difficult when you find something that feels better than virtually anything else.

God how I wish kratom felt better than anything else. That would solve like half a dozen major problems, at least. I usually feel good for a little while then get really sick and shakey for hours afterwards and have upset GI for atleast 16 hrs.

Also, don't worry, the craving eventually goes away. Not entirely though! I still crave drugs that aren't even made any more. I must be getting old. 8(

God how I wish kratom felt better than anything else. That would solve like half a dozen major problems, at least. I usually feel good for a little while then get really sick and shakey for hours afterwards and have upset GI for atleast 16 hrs.

Also, don't worry, the craving eventually goes away. Not entirely though! I still crave drugs that aren't even made any more. I must be getting old. 8(

Yeah. I don't think the craving would ever go away completely :| Eventually if I went off it though I could look for other things to feel that level of relaxation.

Well it's a tree, it won't be going anywhere besides the very real threat of deforestation. You can always get plants anywhere on Earth, humans like to trade. You just have to know the right people if a certain plant becomes illegal. Apparently fresh khat is readily available in the US if you know the right people, something I learned recently. Which is a plant that has been very illegal for a long time in the US. Just an example. So I wouldn't worry about kratom disappearing, it just may become less convenient. Hopefully people will just stop talking about it and things will blow over.

Well it's a tree, it won't be going anywhere besides the very real threat of deforestation. You can always get plants anywhere on Earth, humans like to trade. You just have to know the right people if a certain plant becomes illegal. Apparently fresh khat is readily available in the US if you know the right people, something I learned recently. Which is a plant that has been very illegal for a long time in the US. Just an example. So I wouldn't worry about kratom disappearing, it just may become less convenient. Hopefully people will just stop talking about it and things will blow over.

Are people talking about making it illegal? I have not heard anything like that in Canada. If anything, it's hitting more and more headshops. Hopefully this trend doesn't raise any eyebrows..

They have been banning it in more states in the US the past few years. The US gets a big fat hard on for banning things. They stopped a lot of the big companies from importing a few years ago, but it was specifically targeted at the big players, not against the plant itself per se, if that makes sense. Hopefully Canada has more sense, seems like big pharma has less of a stranglehold. Oddly enough it seems the main states that made it illegal also are known for having rampant prescription drug abuse. 8)

They have been banning it in more states in the US the past few years. The US gets a big fat hard on for banning things. They stopped a lot of the big companies from importing a few years ago, but it was specifically targeted at the big players, not against the plant itself per se, if that makes sense. Hopefully Canada has more sense, seems like big pharma has less of a stranglehold. Oddly enough it seems the main states that made it illegal also are known for having rampant prescription drug abuse. 8)

Yes, of course... pharma companies RUN the government. Here maybe not so much, and in Canada recently they've stopped prescribing opiates / opioids because of the rampant abuse. Kratom is SO dangerous to the pharma companies. It has the potential to be one of the best natural painkillers in the world. Not to mention it can probably also act as an SSRI, an anti-anxiety and a sleep aid :\

Amphetamine and Kratom?

Does anyone here use both?

After using vyvanse, I can't feel Kratom. 3 days off stimulants, still no effect .

All I do is lay in bed all day , zero motivation.... Feel like useless trash.....

I threw all my adhd meds in the bin, because the good effects only last a few hours and then I turn intona zombie!!!!

Save that stuff for a rainy day(Vyvanse). Stuff always doesn't just work. You need to experament with dosages before it gets right. Maybe the Kratom(doubt it) over powered the Vyvanse. Get your self stimed up, and start with a smallish dose of Kratom. That's all you can do. Experament. By the way I have plenty of experience with both drugs.

Save that stuff for a rainy day(Vyvanse). Stuff always doesn't just work. You need to experament with dosages before it gets right. Maybe the Kratom(doubt it) over powered the Vyvanse. Get your self stimed up, and start with a smallish dose of Kratom. That's all you can do. Experament. By the way I have plenty of experience with both drugs.
Do you still take kratom and or stims? If so, which one and how often? Thanks for your input.

I am diagnoses adhd and I can only take Amphetamine every once in a blue moon otherwise the lifeless zombie effect kicks in...I lost all personality and become isolated with obaessive thoughts.... Its pure helll..... imagine being sleep deprived and staring at the wall for hours and hours........ I am fully aware of how ridiculous the behavior is but when I take vyvanse regularly it co pletely hijacks my brain and I become OCD..... till it weara off of course.... then. Crash and sleep.... lazy for days....And this is with vyvanse the supposedly smoothest amp :(

Last edited:
Amphetamine withdrawal is terrible. I've only taken amps for, at most, 2 weeks at a time (finals week). I didn't start taking dextroamp until I got a prescription in college, but it's just too strong for an every day thing, IMO. The w/d from only two weeks of constant usage is bad enough, so I feel for you man. Just ride it out and it'll get better!

Most forms of kratom already make me quite tired anyways, so I can see why they wouldn't be helping too much. Maeng da, contrary to what others say about it, tends to make me the most tired out of all of them. Have you tried switching strains? White strains tend to be the least sleepy for me, my favorite for day-time use is white vein vietnam.

I usually drink coffee on top of my kratom, as well. Have you tried caffeine for motivation or does it not work at all for you?

Been using kratom for PWDs from heroin that I stopped on June 1st- BUT, I just used heroin for 3 days like a week ago and felt wonderful and now I haven't felt right since. ...

I've never used actual amphetamine with kratom, but I have taken propylhexadrine whilst on M. Speciosa. The crash was horrible. I was thinking that the Kratom would smooth things out, but kind of like your experience, it seemed to do nothing. Anyway-I'm going to merge this with the Kratom Megathread.

I've had the same experience with using kratom for stim crashes, but I find them extremely synergistic when taken together.

Also with kava, you have to be super careful with how you prepare it. You have to knead good root powder in hot but not scolding hot water. Really squeezing the liquid from the powder is what extracts the alkaloids that you want. Adding milk or something fatty to the water helps. I've never had luck with T & W or just swallowing powder. It also helps a ton to chug it all in an empty stomach. There are plenty of times that I got impatient with the prep process and didn't get anything out of the batch, but I find a well prepared Batch of kava to be more relaxing than 10mg of valium