View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Some NBOMe questions

wtcantfw

Greenlighter
Hi guys. First post on Bluelight, but I've been using it for a while I guess in the past for informational purposes.

I had obtained some "acid" from a random deep web vendor overseas. I have reason to believe, however, that it is an NBOMe. Furthermore, I have reason to believe that I have never had LSD, only NBOMes. I've done a fair amount of reading on the two on these forums, but still had some questions, considering much of the posts I'd read were over a year old, and I had some specific questions I hadn't seen touched on.

The stuff I had got had qualities of both LSD (from what I've read) and an NBOMe (from experience). Qualities of LSD are that it kicked in pretty quickly, 15-30 minutes, whereas I've heard NBOMes can take longer to kick in. Furthermore, the headspace was more of that described for LSD - I was not at all clear headed but had a sense of "mind blown"ness similar to my experience with psilocybin mushrooms. It also shared qualities of NBOMes - body load, short duration (5-6 hours), and of course a bitter taste and some mouth numbing. Not in-your-face, but noticeable. Other qualities were intense visuals, unlike anything I've ever experienced before (keep in mind I'm pretty sure I've only ever fucked with NBOMes before), and creativity (when I was coming down I spent a fair amount of time drawing). Also I had some stomach uncomfortability before and after the trip, and a POUNDING headache after I came down. Like one of the worst I've ever felt.

I won't go too far into detail about the trip because I know you can't tell me what I took based on that information. Luckily, I have some more of the sample. However, I'm a little confused about testing it. I've heard UV and taste tests are inconclusive at best. I've also read about Ehrlich's, but some people say it can be "tricked." For instance, what if my sample contained both LSD and NBOMe or other indoles or other RCs? Would Erhlichs help?

One thing I don't see people talking about a lot is GCMS for this purpose. I do have access to a GCMS machine and could probably re-learn how to use it (haven't used one since Organic and Analytical chem labs a year and a half ago). However, would I be restricted to using a urine sample? - I honestly don't feel like taking it again for the purposes of identifying it.

I've also heard I could immediately swallow the tab and if its LSD I will still have the effects as if it were taken sublingually, but if it were NBOMe I would not have effects. Truth or myth?

Finally, assuming it is NBOMe, is it better left in the garbage? I feel bad wasting it, but I'd feel worse dying for a buzz.

Thanks for the help

Bitter taste and numbing of mouth are the first signs that this isn't LSD

I ate roughly aroumd 1 1/2 mgs of a powdered nbome in a gel cap one time i got arrested. Needless to say the time i spent in the holding cell i was tripping balls l. So i thibk ot has some activity orally

Hehe you're not restricted to a urine sample, which would contain a lot of other chemicals and would obscure the analysis for your purposes, the quantities/doses of these drugs are quite low so it's uncertain that the mass peaks in the spectrum would really pop out - although I have extremely little personal experience with GCMS, I do with NMR though among other things - but that was just at the uni years ago.
If you have some of the drug left you can extract it from the blotter with an alcohol like ethanol and use that as GCMS sample.

It's true that indoles intentionally applied to mislead Ehrlich's will cause a false positive for LSD-like substances, so yeah that is a small chance that makes the test inconclusive (well more inconclusive than the mere preliminary indication reagent tests give you in the first place).

Marquis can be of help, and you can find info on that in this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread

Indeed numb mouth is really not normal for LSD so a fair sign that it is an NBOMe, but there is a very small chance it can be another psychedelic - snorting 2C-B once numbed almost my entire face, although that is probably not a good example.

The oral activity of NBOMe compounds is disputed, some find no effect and others do. It's hard to say what factors play a role in this difference in reaction, but possibly it depends on whether a person has plenty of the right enzymes in their liver to chop off that N-benzyl group. Due to differences in genetics, people can have different expressions of enzymes - maybe that plays a role. But other things can also influence enzyme activity like other drugs in your system. Not to mention entirely different factors.

I've also heard I could immediately swallow the tab and if its LSD I will still have the effects as if it were taken sublingually, but if it were NBOMe I would not have effects. Truth or myth?

Myth. LSD will work just as well if you swallow it, but NBOMe's will also still take effect.

Curious.. someone posted this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmuuS4gxOVc - a presentation of research showing pharmacology of an NBOMe (25B mostly), and the very low oral bioavailability... I can only explain that if some individuals have atypical metabolism, making first-pass metabolism of an NBOMe nearly irrelevant or they had fundal absorption and not actual normal oral absorption after all..

The bitter taste and duration of 6h makes it impossible to be LSD. It´s almost guaranteed that is a NBOME.

While LSD is not noticeably bitter (it technically is though, as once tested by someone putting tested pure LSD in their mouth, but just usually too weak when on blotter)... it can be ink or perhaps certain intermediates that make some actual LSD blotters bitter-tasting. I've also had soapy tasting LSD blotter. So can't accurately be used as a useful indication, although I will concede that overwhelming bitter taste would never be a good sign.

LSD does last longer than 6h you are right, although the plateau may be over after that duration.

In the OP the truth or myth question, the one about GCMS, and about opinions on NBOMe as being at all worthwhile are all fine for the forum, but IDing isn't so I don't recommend going in that direction, definitely not by talking about guarantees. Some guidelines about NBOMe vs LSD are detailed in the sticky thread in this forum, but I guess there still remains some confusion about the oral availability.

I ate roughly aroumd 1 1/2 mgs of a powdered nbome in a gel cap one time i got arrested. Needless to say the time i spent in the holding cell i was tripping balls l. So i thibk ot has some activity orally

LOL, don't know why but I spit up laughing reading this. Must have been a colorful night Bigazz. :D It's been a long while (thank God) but my holding cell/county stays years ago were just in H withdrawal, not as colorful.

Jeez, so people have to worry about blotters having something OTHER than LSD on them. Use to be they were LSD or just blank.

^ Right, but hardly ever distributed on blotter like some of the newer chems are today. Going back to 1970-1990, usually it was just blank paper and not anything else if it was fake. At least it rarely happened, I never saw a DOX blotter, I would have been intrigued to see one. Nowadays it could be as much as 50/50 that your blotter is not LSD.

Never had a NBOME. And thanks to Bluelight I never will I think.

Addition: I just read a few of the big and dandy threads on NBome's in full for the first time. Kind of scary some of the risks involved. Some people seem ok, but death to a few is very scary. Not really a good head space to worry about possible death when you are tripping. Even if the risks are low just reading the threads would have me very cautious.

Last edited: