• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you ever been caught with LSD by the police?

tawmsoyer

Greenlighter
Or MDMA? How much did you have? What state did you get caught? What were the charges/penalties?

You will be bent over and royally fucked worse than if you had meth or heroin. You see, they understand the motivations behind using those hard drugs. But psychedelics are outside the scope of comprehension of the justice system. Look at news reports on the shroomery and you'll see what I mean.

I know people who were caught with not even that much LSD on paper, or other types of carriers and they considered this to be distribution because of the amount, and they weighed the carrier of the LSD or whatever it was on and those things factored into sentencing for prison time.

Do you know how much time they got? And what state they were caught?

I have a feeling this questions cannot be answered here. I would use google to search. Maybe try using search in the legal questions forum.

In my area, small amounts of LSD are let go, usually end up in drug court (as there are usually other drugs involved as well). Only person I know caught with MDMA was rumored to have been producing it and was sent up the creek for a while

I doubt he needed to be caught with drugs, he apparently admitted selling them to the dead guy. He didn't get a prison sentence, like the article says, because he had sold a very small amount (I guess you can expect that it was enough for only 1 or 2 people) and I guess since the judge believed the defense attorney pointing out that the link between the death and the drugs was not proven, that there may have been other factors at play. Would be worth seeing the autopsy report whether he had something else in his system like medications or other drugs.

If ever this does happen, you've got to remain cool as a cucumber, it is possible to evade a search. I once got arrested with 10g diphenidine in a baggie in my pocket. They didn't search me when they arrested me, and I remembered about the diphenidine as I was in the back of the cop car on the way to the station. As I'm a chilled kind of guy, they hadn't cuffed me.

So - in the car I put my hand in my pocket, casual like. When we got to the station, as they opened the door to let me out, I palmed the diphenidine. Luckily it was quite busy in the station itself. They did the full pat down of my back, and as they turned me round to do the front, I put my hands round my back and smoothly switched the diphenidine to the other hand. Nothing was said, they took me to the cells and once in there I went to the toilet and stuffed the diphenidine down one of my socks.

Obviously I was very very lucky, but if I hadn't kept my cool there was no way I'd have got away with it.

It totally depends on the country, the jurisdiction, the quantities involved and the individual law enforcement officers you are dealing with.
And of course, it also depends on how you conduct yourself in dealing with said police officers.

If you want to know about your local area, try searching media reports or - if you are up to it - legal journals for previous cases or legal precedents.
You may be able to access searchable news archives and law databases through a library, especially an academic library of a university that teaches law.

I was picking mushrooms last week in the very same forest that some people got busted in - doing exactly that - only a few weeks earlier.
I didn't get caught, but the people that did had a reasonably large quantity of freshly picked Psilocybe mushrooms in their possession.

They were let off with a "drug diversion" - which is essentially a caution; they won't be charged or have to go to court, they won't have a conviction recorded or be issued with any fines. They simply have to attend a session at a drug and alcohol counselling service, and avoid a criminal record.
They were lucky.

I had the misfortune of experiencing a dodgy police raid on my apartment about 5 years ago, and they found small amounts of a number of drugs (dexedrine, cannabis, opium). They found some mushroom spore prints too, as well as some innoculating jars of mycelium for a shroom grow-op - but they had absolutely no idea what these were, and i simply stayed calm and went along with their assumptions about what they were, so they left them.
They didn't find any LSD, because blotter acid is pretty easy to hide - even if you're not expecting half a dozen cops to come and pull your place apart, and rifle through your belongings.

I was given a "drug diversion" - as i had just small quantities of drugs for personal use, and had to attend a "counselling session" that consisted of watching a corny video about the dangers of taking drugs and getting caught up in "the wrong crowd" - after which a consellor basically said "any questions, or drug problems you want to talk about?"
I replied politely that i didn't, and went home.

I live in Australia though; i'm not sure that it would have been the same in another part of the country - and obviously not every country is that reasonable in dealing with people caught with small anounts of drugs for personal use.

Last edited:
I doubt he needed to be caught with drugs, he apparently admitted selling them to the dead guy. He didn't get a prison sentence, like the article says, because he had sold a very small amount (I guess you can expect that it was enough for only 1 or 2 people) and I guess since the judge believed the defense attorney pointing out that the link between the death and the drugs was not proven, that there may have been other factors at play. Would be worth seeing the autopsy report whether he had something else in his system like medications or other drugs.

I believe after a bit of research it was something along the lines of 80 pills. Which is more than just a little bit.

It totally depends on the country, the jurisdiction, the quantities involved and the individual law enforcement officers you are dealing with.
And of course, it also depends on how you conduct yourself in dealing with said police officers.

If you want to know about your local area, try searching media reports or - if you are up to it - legal journals for previous cases or legal precedents.
You may be able to access searchable news archives and law databases through a library, especially an academic library of a university that teaches law.

I was picking mushrooms last week in the very same forest that some people got busted in - doing exactly that - only a few weeks earlier.
I didn't get caught, but the people that did had a reasonably large quantity of freshly picked Psilocybe mushrooms in their possession.

They were let off with a "drug diversion" - which is essentially a caution; they won't be charged or have to go to court, they won't have a conviction recorded or be issued with any fines. They simply have to attend a session at a drug and alcohol counselling service, and avoid a criminal record.
They were lucky.

I had the misfortune of experiencing a dodgy police raid on my apartment about 5 years ago, and they found small amounts of a number of drugs (dexedrine, cannabis, opium). They found some mushroom spore prints too, as well as some innoculating jars of mycelium for a shroom grow-op - but they had absolutely no idea what these were, and i simply stayed calm and went along with their assumptions about what they were, so they left them.
They didn't find any LSD, because blotter acid is pretty easy to hide - even if you're not expecting half a dozen cops to come and pull your place apart, and rifle through your belongings.

I was given a "drug diversion" - as i had just small quantities of drugs for personal use, and had to attend a "counselling session" that consisted of watching a corny video about the dangers of taking drugs and getting caught up in "the wrong crowd" - after which a consellor basically said "any questions, or drug problems you want to talk about?"
I replied politely that i didn't, and went home.

I live in Australia though; i'm not sure that it would have been the same in another part of the country - and obviously not every country is that reasonable in dealing with people caught with small anounts of drugs for personal use.
That's a very good point. I'm in the UK, so the cops are far less aggressive than a lot of other countries. It also depends on the individual who arrests you, obviously the geezer who took me in was pretty crap at his job.

I believe after a bit of research it was something along the lines of 80 pills. Which is more than just a little bit.

Wow, I believe you, it is this quote from the judge:

The volume of drugs Morgan sold was so small it is not normally prosecuted

that kind of baffles me as in a million years I wouldn't have thought that to be true in present day in the US, seems like 80 pills would be considered dealing in much less repressive countries for the simple reason that nobody in their right mind wanting to survive would have 80 pills for their own consumption at a party, unless you need like tens of pills to roll.

Hence blotter is preferable over liquid 1 100ug drop of liquid is ~50mg. Research the Pickard case. They were dead set on charging him with an absurd weight.

In the early 2000's I was set-up by a "friend" who performed 2 controlled buys from me even though I was never a dealer, just a recreational user of ALL drugs. The first controlled buy I sold him 2 sugar cubes of LSD and only put 1 drop on each, however, LSD goes by "carrier weight" in PA and it appeared that I sold him grams of LSD which was obviously eventually told and understood by the judge.

Months later I received a text from him asking for E, and I gave him via text the number of someone who knew the kid with the tabs...No one got in trouble except me and apparently the kid sold him 7.1 grams of MDMA. My attorney didn't want to take it to trial because the mandatory minimum was 14 years.

My total sentence was 90 days in a rehab to detox off klonpin, 2 years in state prison, 2 years in a program called Recovery court wearing a SCRAM bracelet that detected alcohol and then 6 years probation. Exactly one year and 3 days after getting 100% out of the system I got arrested under suspicion of DUI and I don't drink but had my rx'ed meds in my blood.

This really puts in perspective the sacrifice of people such as Casey Hardison, Nick Sand, Leonard Pickard, ect. Psychedelic medicines have saved peoples lives 1000's of years. Only recently did the United Sates start the War on Drugs here.

Those chemists saved lives providing psychedelic medicines through the United Sates prohibition. The work of those men saved my life. I owe them and others the life I live.