Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - First Time - Phenibut overdose HELL of an experience

lifeiscrazy86

Greenlighter
So I hope you guys can tell me. I have had extensive drug use and when I took phenibut the very first time I must say I was expecting a euphoric high similar to what I feel when taking alrpazolam (at least 3 bars ). Or maybe even warm like an opiate high. Or perhaps drunk like everyone compares it to alcohol. I had no idea how different and unique phenibut is and didn't appreciate it until I overdosed...
I first took 2 tsp and felt nothing ... I slept and next day I took 2 TBsp...still thought nothing was happening so my dumbass thought what the hell and I parachuted the remaining 25 or so grams of the stuff ...BAD IDEA.. The worst experience of my entire life happened almost 32 hours later!
I can only make sense of it now looking back but it was the worst Drug trip of my life . Similar to a horrible Shrooms or acid trip where I thought I would literally have to be sent to a mental hospital .
The exact opposite of what was supposed to happen did, I think at very large amounts like I took instead of feeling tired and being able to sleep I felt like I was on speed ( but not the good feelings. Only the jittery horrible can't even close your eyes feeling and my mind was Racing ).
This speedy crap feeling didn't wear off for over 3 fukin days. I couldn't even get a minute of sleep or rest. I was convinced I didn't take real phenibut but I have since bought from a different source and now I was patient with a small dose and I see what people are talking about. I feel nice and can sleep and am social. I love it. But please don't do what I did .
I never knew that taking a ton would NOT make me sleep for days which would have been nice but rather it would make me Fuking delusional for over three days . I had a panic attack for the very first time in my life the third night with zero sleep and it was the worst experience I can honestly say I have EVER had..Worst time ever and I am just getting over the horrible experience. It reminded me of a horrible trip I had on shrooms (as much as I tried to forget)
What do you guys make of this ?? I have just been able to wait out small doses of phenibut since this experience and get the nice relaxed feeling but that's NOT what happened at the large dose that I took? But I didn't feel speedy until a day and half after the overdose ..How is this possible!?

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_healthissues
exptype_difficult
exptype_disaster
exptype_overdose
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
you are a fool, sorry but this behaviour is what a fool would do.

people with any sense titrate up a dose not multiply it by 10 etc. each time.

sorry i cant make much sense of this.

so what was it like when it was in effect? you have said it was speedy, then said later it was speedy a day after this massive dose. contradictory/confusing.

The effects were 3 days non stop speedy. Some people do things differently. I thought I had super weak phenibut as I had taken several smaller doses with no effect Then I said fuck it

How is this possible!?

Then I said fuck it

You should have looked up the dosage if you didn't already, then you don't take numerous times that even if 'you think you had super weak phenibut'.

It doesn't really matter whether you overlooked the more subtle effects and then suffered from the overdose effects when you took way too much, or whether 'some people do things differently'. You assume the wrong things and proceed to grossly mistake what you could have easily known. Even if you call this titration, teaspoons -> tablespoons -> 25 grams is not a reasonable way to titrate.

To say this was foolish was perfectly accurate. Maybe it's worth acknowledging that if you don't want to keep making this sort of mistake. Nobody wants to insult you for personal reasons so don't take it that way...

Plenty of people assume that you can just eyeball Salvia extract because it is a herb, then wonder why the fuck it is so ballbusting. Not nearly as many people eyeball DMT. Just because you reason in a certain way does not mean it is actually sound reasoning.

I admit. I'm a Fuking drug addict and it makes me do stupid shit like take 25 grams of phenibut. I never got anything from Kratom even at 15g doses so I felt I had a weird tolerance to Many things. I know I was foolish. Bi wasn't asking for input on how I should do things. I just wanted to know why I got speedy effects and no sleep from the OD and didn't just sleep like what happens at normal doses

And salvia and DMT actually are real strong substances that have very noticeable effects at recreational doses. NOTHING like phenibut with very subtle effects at normal recreational does .. Very poor comparison. Maybe like a gabapentin comparison would be more like on the same level.

Don't call the kettle black homie I've seen ur posts btw inbred

what does this even mean?

who is inbred?

i dont buy into "I had a weird tolerance to Many things", having spent time with someone who would overdo everything with massive doses like you have been doing, then pretend it wasn't affecting him (because he was so hardcore bruhhhhh) but he was visibly messed up and not in a good way. its called dick sizing but it doesn't achieve anything. its just dangerous. keep it up and with something less forgiving it could kill you. so change that shit please.

think DOx and the delay of onset...

maybe if you cant feel it much its because its not that kind of drug. some things are subtle and require you to examine your behaviours in situations when on them to see how they are making you behave different. usually these kind of things are functional and more for a useful purpose than to take to excess

Last edited:
I'm a recovering heroin iv addict so really a shit ton of phenibut or whatever other supplement is better than what I used to do so its not shameful for me it's just my addiction and better phenibut then slamming that black tar all day. You know?

I accidentally took too much phenibut and was sick as fuck for a solid 2-3 days. This was the worst drug experience of my life...

I accidentally took too much phenibut and was sick as fuck for a solid 2-3 days. This was the worst drug experience of my life...
MINE TOO! What was your experience like ? I was up and had horrible speedy feeling with no sleep and mind racing over 3 days/nights! U??

Phenibut is different from benzos because it don't just affect Gaba but also DOPAMINE, which is the reason why it makes u social / want to socialize.. usually benzos affect gaba-a which only gives anxiety relief

Ur speedy affects might be due to too much dopamine

Not quite getting what point we're trying to make here I just thought I'd make sure this thread doesn't end on that horrible attempt at s sort of joke

Most ppl are making the point that you have no business taking drugs if this is your approach to it. I'm surprised you survived heroin, truly a miracle.

you probably have the highest phenibut dose in recorded history.

I overdosed on about 4 g of phenibut plus alcohol. I was having severe brain zaps (mini seizures) for 24 hours after wards.

I'm a recovering heroin iv addict so really a shit ton of phenibut or whatever other supplement is better than what I used to do so its not shameful for me it's just my addiction and better phenibut then slamming that black tar all day. You know?

Debatable.

if thats a debatable question as to your well being and becoming a worthless dope fiend or do phenibut daily for weeks and have zero WDs. HEROIN is on a whole different level than Phenibut like comparing crack vs. caffeine

Thanks for the post.
Yes, it was irresponsible. Very.
Did you deserve the intense feedback about it? Im not so sure. This was a trip report so it was simply presented as it occurred

I took too much Phenibut and ended up throwing up everywhere and crying that I stayed alive until I finally went to sleep

I woke up the next day thinking that I still lived with my mother that died years ago, too scared to leave my bedroom in case my long dead mum found me so fucked. Scariest experience ive ever had and I ended up in hospital with a heart @ 170+bpm. My eyes were twitching so

They gave me IV benzos to slow my heart rate and it made me stop breathing, I started breathing again but I didnt sleep for the rest of the night.

Horrible substance