• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can someone explain why i feel like this on a stimulant?

Cinz

Greenlighter
So i just popped a couple of vyvanses earlier. I feel better now that its worn off.

But whenever I take stimulants now I get really edgy and agitated and bad mood. Like my mind constantly starts to worry.

Also I feel my body differently. Like Sometimes I feel like my back or chest is tensed, but I then realized its just my shirt, like I misattribute things. I feel the shirt and the clothes on my body a lot stronger. Its like I keep focusing on my body and tweaking it accordingly to basically normalize myself. I get anxious and a little paranoid if thats what it is. When it wears off I feel more relaxed and my hands and face start to get warm(my hands and feet get cold while on them) and my blood vessels dilate.

Sometimes I have trouble letting go of control of my body. Like my body appears tense at times and I just cant relax on stimulants.

Is this a type of a psychosis? I have a history of stimulant induced psychosis or panic attacks(not sure which) with meth and bath salts but will never do those again.

What is the way to end it and just say fuck it and relax. Or is it impossible to relax on stimulants? I find walking around helps me get my mind off of it and calms me down.

Is it possible to use stimulants to get rid of anxiety? Like if I learn how to control my anxiety on them, will it help me IRL.

I get anxious and a little paranoid if thats what it is

Yes, that's exactly what it is.

My experience is that once you start getting anxiety from stimulants, it only escalates. If you've had panic attacks from meth you'll likely start getting them from the vyvanse as well. Don't shoot the messenger, but your days of amphetamine use are probably numbered.

Those are normal side effects of stimulants, it has to do with excess dopamine in the mesolimbic pathway in your brain (The reward system of your brain).
Stimulants will not help you relax and only will exacerbate nervousness and anxiety, especially with your history of psychosis. A benzo will put an end to the nasty stimulant side effects, and might be better suited for your needs, But outside of a different drug, the only other thing that'll really help is time, that and doing an activity to get your mind off the symptoms.

- Hopeless Soul

Try moving around and get your blood rate going. Moving around helps. And if you're mudcles and shit just won't relax try laying down on your back and being as still as you can for as long as you can.

Those are normal side effects of stimulants, it has to do with excess dopamine in the mesolimbic pathway in your brain (The reward system of your brain).
Stimulants will not help you relax and only will exacerbate nervousness and anxiety, especially with your history of psychosis. A benzo will put an end to the nasty stimulant side effects, and might be better suited for your needs, But outside of a different drug, the only other thing that'll really help is time, that and doing an activity to get your mind off the symptoms.

- Hopeless Soul

Totally agree with Hopeless Soul a benzo May prevent such side effects I'd go for Librium or Valium if they prove to mild then xanax but start small like 0.5mg

And avoid rigorous physical activity and excessive caffeine use during amphetamine use ☺ hope this helps

It's because of:

1) Lack of purpose. You don't have a purpose, you take stimulants...and then you do nothing. Like, if you took stimulants to masturbate, that's a solid purpose. If you masturbated to a specific fetish, an even bigger purpose. You see?

2) Anxiety. You're afraid of death. Myself, I'm at a point where I can ask myself: what if I die? And then think: That's ok, dying is cool! I can't wait to die! Yeeeee!!! Like, I just don't care, not even a bit. Then I'm careful and use my brain.

3) Lack of drug use proficiency. When you become proficient with the process, your brain can focus 100% on the high and not on, "did I take too much?" or "what do I do now?" because you know exactly what you're doing.

4) Lack of adaptation. Your body was not pumped with meth since you were born, so it grew without the constraints that meth imposes. Many arteries and veins are not wired to support it, also many nerves/nerve endings did not grow to take such activity...it takes a while for everything inside you to adapt, things need to break inside of you and be reconstructed to fit the new conditions, so do expect many things to break, a bit like a muscle at the gym that did not grow to lift 60lb, except that now we're talking about everything, nerves, blood vessels, neurons, veins arteries...everything needs to change to be able to support the use. This of course can come with terrifying side effects, some can be permanent, but if your body is strong enough to re-wire itself around it, then you're like...like a prototype. You and the stimulant become really good friends.

Make sure you pump yourself with healthy food, diversified, vitamins, omega 3 etc.

A good analogy is falling into water with your clothes on...when you come out, you feel all heavy, everything is tight on you, uncomfortable and just...not made to fit you. It's the same thing. The drug puts your body into a regime where, most of your anatomy is NOT a good fit...so adaptation is required which can take long years filled with terrible side effects.

Last edited:
I am prescribed Vyvanse and it was actually making me feel tired and fatigued. I did some research and some experimentation and discovered the way to avoid negative sides from this compound is eating proper meals, being active, and getting proper sleep. I actually got some blood work done and discovered I had a Vitamin D deficiency which is actually not a Vitamin but steroid. Since I started supplementing with it things have smoothed out and I feel better.

I just got prescribed Adderall and take usually 20 mgs a day. For some reason it is the most unpredictable stimulant I have ever done and sometimes I really works doing what its supposed to and I get motivated and just want to go out and do things that I normally wouldn't really want to do if I didn't take it, like clean my house, go for a bike ride, exercise etc. and then other times it almost makes me tired and I am scatterbrained, lazy and unmotivated... when I took Adderall years ago before even being diagnosed with ADHD and just getting it from friends it always made me happy and energetic with tons of focus and motivation... it seems like amphetamines in general are very sensitive drugs and have different effects depending on how acidic your stomach contents are, from what I have found out it helps to take antacids before taking amps or swallow a little baking soda as well, and don't eat things that cause stomach acid. I hate how sensitive these things are to me. I have to be so careful what I eat!

^ Ok you need to listen to me, if you got a gram of attention left in you, use it to read this:

Adderall and other amphetamines can stimulate both sleep and wakefulness in low doses that are below ADHD therapeutic. If I take 3mg of Adderall in the middle of the night I sleep like a baby up until 10am. Like a BABY.

In fact for me, the best sleep promoting agent is Dexedrine. Nothing beats it. If I take 2mg when I can't sleep, I fall like a rock. And if I take 10mg, I'm awaken with owl eyes all night. It's all in the dose. Your dose is TOO LOW. Take 60mg/day.

^ Ok you need to listen to me, if you got a gram of attention left in you, use it to read this:

Adderall and other amphetamines can stimulate both sleep and wakefulness in low doses that are below ADHD therapeutic. If I take 3mg of Adderall in the middle of the night I sleep like a baby up until 10am. Like a BABY.

In fact for me, the best sleep promoting agent is Dexedrine. Nothing beats it. If I take 2mg when I can't sleep, I fall like a rock. And if I take 10mg, I'm awaken with owl eyes all night. It's all in the dose. Your dose is TOO LOW. Take 60mg/day.

I wish I were able to take more. you are very right. when I started at 10mg a day what I was first prescribed it was like taking a placebo pill.. nothing happened.. then I just started taking more of it 15mg then 20mg even though it was more than I was scripted and it started working better. Now I am scripted 20mg and a couple times I have taken extra up to 50mg and when I did take that 50mg in 10-20mg doses throughout the day I felt perfect. The problem is my sub doc who wrote this prescription for me told me that 20mg a day is the highest she is willing to go and told me to see my psychiatrist if that didn't work... my psychiatrist DOES NOT prescribe stimulants to people with a history of drug abuse so when she saw I was taking subs she automatically was against even giving 5mg of Adderall and originally gave me Strattera which was useless... I guess I would have to find a new psychiatrist in order to make this happen.. or maybe something like Ritalin would work better for me, I have never tried it...

It's called norepinephrine...adrenaline.

Amphetamines increase dopamine, which is awesome, but they also increase norepinephrine, which is...ehhhh, not as handy.

Adrenaline activates fight-or-flight responses, which is what you're experiencing, but to a lesser degree.