• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Full dose? Pills hit roof of mouth and dissolve on way down/on tongue

UtterlyConfused

Bluelighter
This happens sometimes, which sometimes leads me to take another one. I know some people take them sublingually and yada yada yada. But the pills I take dissolve very quickly in my mouth. Within seconds it seems. So, this morning, I took my Clonazepam and it hit the roof of my mouth and came back up a bit and I chugged water. Felt like maybe a fraction of the pill. I can still taste it in my throat and the dye from the pill is on my tongue. Do I need to take another dose? Thanks.

Well, did you reach the desired effects? I guess that answers your question quite accurately. Also, given that they dissolve so quickly, are they possibly for sublingual purpose to begin with?

Might you still be worried, then next time just put the pill on the back of your tongue and keep your mouth open until you take a sip of water.

Well, did you reach the desired effects? I guess that answers your question quite accurately. Also, given that they dissolve so quickly, are they possibly for sublingual purpose to begin with?

Might you still be worried, then next time just put the pill on the back of your tongue and keep your mouth open until you take a sip of water.

I don't know because I'm sort of freaking out and don't want to take an extra. I just took it 40 min ago and am still adjusting to a direct switch from diazepam to clonazepam. I just don't know if when that happens if I am getting the full dose or not? I worry that if I didn't then I'll start having convulsions and shit.

And I do that. But sometimes it still hits the roof of my mouth or bounces back up dissolved. And no, they are not sublingual tablets.

As far as the internet tells me, clonazepam is sublingually active. Some reports even appear to indicate a stronger effect when taken sublingual, so I wouldn't worry too much. Might it not work sublingual (which it does, but worst case scenario wise), then you probably still don't need to worry, as the half-life of clonazepam is in the range of 24 hours. If you took one yesterday, and the one you took today would only be absorbed 50%, you still reach the same blood levels as you did yesterday.

As far as the internet tells me, clonazepam is sublingually active. Some reports even appear to indicate a stronger effect when taken sublingual, so I wouldn't worry too much. Might it not work sublingual (which it does, but worst case scenario wise), then you probably still don't need to worry, as the half-life of clonazepam is in the range of 24 hours. If you took one yesterday, and the one you took today would only be absorbed 50%, you still reach the same blood levels as you did yesterday.

True, but a lot of things are hard for me to distinguish. That and once I have convinced myself of something, it's hard to distract myself from any other possibility. I don't feel any w/d but also no real effect. I'm also a rapid metabolizer. So, until my next dose in 7 hours, I'm going to freak out probably thinking I didn't take it and I was actually starting to stabilize a bit last night. I was actually going to go take a short drive and take some pictures later today.

How about taking a quarter of a pill extra? If you do so, you're probably upping your dosage unwillingly, and I am by no means medically qualified nor am I familiar with your specific situation (in other words, this is advise from a random dude on some internet forum, don't take it seriously), but to me it seems you would now benefit most from killing your anxiety of having not ingested a sufficient amount to cope with your seizures.

EDIT: And by 'killing your anxiety' I do not refer to the anxiolytic effects of clonazepam (but hey, it's a nice bonus), but reassuring yourself that you actually have ingested a sufficient amount.

what do you mean when you say the 'pills hit the roof of your mouth'? sorry im a bit utterly confused too lol

I assume he referred to his palate.

Last edited:
I don't know what brand you are talking about but the one's I m prescribed I put under my tongue and let it dissolve. I have been prescribed these for years. I have always taken them this way, supposedly it's absorbed faster.

Hi Utterly Confused.

I have followed your last few posts about the switch from Valium to Klonopin. It seems your having a bit of anxiety over your anxiety meds. Don't worry I do the same. I believe in the long run, you'll be much happier with the Klonopin. Just a smoother, everything is gonna be A-Okay, Benzo.

Now to your question. As the above poster mentioned, do you feel the effects? If it's in your mouth in just about any capacity, you're good. I take Etizest 1 Etizolam daily sublingually. Hope you get the transistion down.