• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hangover vs overdose?

haleyhaleyhaley

Bluelighter
so i took 190mgs of oxycodone and drank about 5 or 6 gin and juices (but they were 3/4 juice) last night. i have a pretty high tolerance for some reason to pretty much everything, even for the first time, but i got pretty lit. i have some alcohol tolerance and even less oxy tolerance (but not none). i go to sleep, and a couple hours later, i throw up. alright, fair. to be expected. but as time went on, i kept falling asleep and then waking up to throw up. for twelve hours, i couldn't keep anything down and had a splitting migraine. i've never had a hangover or comedown this strong, but i've never taken that much shit at once. i'm fine now, but did i experience an overdose or just a hangover? or both? is there any way to tell?

sounds like you had a mild OD, don't take anything else, don't even drink a beer. get some caffeine in you

DID YOU OVERDOSE/OVERDOSE VS HANGOVER/STAGES OF OVERDOSE
Yes, you overdosed. Overdosing is simply taking too much of any substance. For the mildest example I can think of to help you understand is advil. If you look at the back of the bottle it says to take no more than 2 per whatever amount of hours. If you take 3, you have just overdosed, because you took one more dose than you were supposed to. 190 mg of oxy is a shit ton, especially due to the fact you mixed a healthy amount alcohol with it. The better question would be, what was the extent or how bad was your overdose. There are different levels of overdose and if I were to give them stages, I would put it into three categories. First stage, is mentioned above, just taking too much, but not really feeling any negative effects. Stage 2 would be what you are going through now, vomitting and excessive headache. Stage 3 and up, loss of consciousness, seizure, going completely numb, heart attack, extremely rapid or slowed hear rate, difficulty breathing etc. Basically, your fucked if you don't get help quick. With that said, these stages are not science, simply my knowledge and experience in the area. There is an extremely fine line between these stages that you do not want to dance with. To be very clear, experiencing any of these symptoms or even taking slighty over the amount you are supposed to over a long period of time could potentially put you in serious danger. You never know which will be your last line, pill, or sip. Not to sound like a broken record, but it is a deadly combo. I ain't judging, I've done it plenty, just making sure you know. The symptoms of an opiate overdose include throwing up and terrible headache you experienced. Those are the milder overdose symptoms.

WHY YOU ARE THROWING UP/OPIATE OVERDOSE SYMPTOMS?
When you throw up, your body is simply telling you that you have too much of a substance or a foreign substance in your system that it needs to get out. In this case you had both too much and 2 foreign substances. Your body usually gets rid of these substances through bowel movements and sweating if taken at fairly normal doses. If you go overboard, it needs to get it out immediately, causing your vomitting. I know it sucks, but just let it out and throw up as much as you need to. Don't hold it in, your body is not telling you to throw up for shits n gigs. A lot of people fight it and cause more problems because they keep the substance brewing in their system. Rule one of drug use: listen to your body. Opiates can really mess with your respiratory system and can cause you to stop breathing, cutting oxygen to the rest of the body, and causing you to go unconscious. This happened to me and spending your night hooked up to machines, with your family crying, and you feeling like death is no fun. The high aint worth the fall my friend, especially when ya fall 6ft under.

TO SUM IT UP/ADVICE TO GET BACK TO NORMAL
Long story short, you and I are both very fortunate. You experienced an orverdose and will likely have a nice hangover tomorrow, but migraine and constant vomitting is textbook overdose. Hangovers are just feeling tired, grogy, slight headache, but not to the extent that you would be throwing up for 12 hours straight. If you still have any problems breathing, numbness, or a slow heart rate go to the emergency room immediately. It wouldn't hurt to go anyways. You did not get any real sleep it seems, as you were throwing up so often, you got no REM sleep.

So, drink a lot of fluids because you probably didn't drink a whole lot of water, if any, last night and throwing up dehydrates the shit out of you, as does alcohol. The dehydration, along with your lack of sleep and nutrition are definetly adding to your headache. So, don't listen to the dumbass that said to drink a beer because that will dehydrate you even more.

What have you been eating? Get something that has some real nutrients in it and is light. Try a vegetable soup or salad. If that doesn't work fruit always does, if not in solid form, I love Jamba Juice or some kind of fruit smothie like that. It will pass, just learn from it. Seems like you aren't addicted to em, so just quit while your ahead. To sum it up in three words "DRINK, EAT, SLEEP" I know you just posted this, but how ya doing now? Let us know!

Last edited:
I hope it was not oxycodone with acetaminophen because that would be really bad for your liver. Mixing CNS depressants to that extent is dangerous. Taking that much oxy along with alcohol is asking for an overdose. Please be more careful in the future. Rambo summed it up nicely.

thank you !! i'm glad it wasn't fatal or anything, i've been drinking a shitton of propel and water. that was like the minimum amount to get me moderately high, so i'm thinking maybe switch to really strong pot or at least stop the oxy. that was super informative and much better than "drink a beer" ,,

I hope it was not oxycodone with acetaminophen because that would be really bad for your liver.
^ Good point.

i have a pretty high tolerance for some reason to pretty much everything, even for the first time, but i got pretty lit. i have some alcohol tolerance and even less oxy tolerance (but not none).
OP you have contradicting statements in your post, specifically this^.

LOL are you tolerant, or not?

From what I could gather from your limited information in your post, is that you experienced an alcohol hangover, caused by the lack of hydration, while simultaneously still feeling the effects from the oxy. What type of oxy did you take? Did it have apap in it? This would explain why your liver took such a beating. Was it extended release? This would explain why you were still feeling the oxy's effects well into the next day.

As Rambo was explaining in his post, 'Overdose' simply means taking too much of a given substance, However the symptoms of an Overdose that you're thinking of, start off with shallow breathing, followed by loss of consciousness. This is called CNS depression. However nausea is a common side effect of opioids.

We all make mistakes, but learning from them is what separates the smart people from the dummies.

- 7nos SS373dOH

lmao i didn't make much sense sry. i meant i have [limited] experience with oxy and alcohol, but it still takes way more of a substance than it should for me to actually feel the effects. that still probably doesn't make sense rip ,, also it was oxy er and it didn't have any apap

thank you !! i'm glad it wasn't fatal or anything, i've been drinking a shitton of propel and water. that was like the minimum amount to get me moderately high, so i'm thinking maybe switch to really strong pot or at least stop the oxy. that was super informative and much better than "drink a beer" ,,

No problem, happy to help and even happier you are better. If you barely got high off 190 mg and 6 hard liquor drinks, then you definitely have a high tolerance and need to say goodbye to oxy, not worth it on the wallet or your life. Don't think about switching from oxy to pot, do it. If pot is all you need, you won't be making another post scared half to death again haha Just so you know 80 mg is the maximum recommended usage spread out throughout the whole day for first timers and thats without alcohol. Sure hope ya didn't take em all at once and I was wondering about the APAP lmao I was like god damn this girls got a strong stomach!!!! Well either way you are alive and well. Good job getting those fluids in you, hope you can eat as well, and GO TO BED! :)