• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm scared to go to sleep after taking oxycontin

Ovumblower_Apollo

Greenlighter
hello, please help me out.

I got a hold of some Oxycontin 20mg pills, but is only experienced with Percocet in the recent past and never had an issue.

I took three of the 20mg pills at 8pm EST. was having a good time but at a certain point swim has gotten sluggish and is now horrified of sleeping. I'm really struggling even typing this, it's taken me about 20 minutes just to type this message.

should I go to the hospital? I snore a lot on the average night and i'm becoming very concerned,

Last edited by a moderator:
What amounts of Percocet are you accustomed to using? If you took too much, you would likely be vomiting in between nodding out. How are you feeling now? If you feel ill, by all means get medical help or have somebody sit with you. Next time be more careful not to over do it.

p,s. I edited your post as Bluelight does not permit the use of swim

What's your opiate tolerance like? How many Percocet do you typically take when dosing? Would need more information to give a more descriptive answer. Remember only you know your body, 60mgs of Oxycodone is a fairly moderate dose. Are you experiencing shallow breathing? Nodding in and out? Trust your instinct, if you truly feel you need medical attention don't hesitate to call asap. Hope you feel better man, gotta make sure you are aware of your tolerance prior to dosing to avoid situations like this you know?

The same happened to me when I first took 80mg without much of a tolerance. I struggled to stay awake and I felt like I'd overdone it.

Luckily I was fine, but if you're ever that concerned it's not worth the risk. Know your limits, stay safe.

What's your opiate tolerance like? How many Percocet do you typically take when dosing? Would need more information to give a more descriptive answer. Remember only you know your body, 60mgs of Oxycodone is a fairly moderate dose. Are you experiencing shallow breathing? Nodding in and out? Trust your instinct, if you truly feel you need medical attention don't hesitate to call asap. Hope you feel better man, gotta make sure you are aware of your tolerance prior to dosing to avoid situations like this you know?

I have a pretty decent tolerance and Percocet wise, 60mg would have me pretty floored. Everybody is different. What gets you off, may just take the edge off someone else. Don't panic. Only you know where your at. Call some trusted friend, at the minimum and have a friend or two keep an eye on you. If your really faded and concerned, then you have no choice but to immediately call 911 and get to the hospital. Reply back when your able. One shot of narcan can save your life.

Just thought I'd update now that I have recovered from my experience.

I was actually a lot worse off than I thought I was. I popped two 20mg OxyContin, then approximately 30 minutes later I chewed two more (which I learned you can't really chew, they just turn into little ju-ju-be's of death). I washed the after taste down with one lager.

I was excited to take them. What I moronically didn't keep in mind was my regular medications that i had taken earlier in the day. Throughout my workday I had taken 2 20mg adderall, and then at the end of the day I had taken 1.5mg Xanax.

At first I was high with a very elevated energy and started doing heavy work in the garage rearranging shit I don't normally want to do. After about an hour and a half I got this overwhelming sensation to sit down for a little bit because I didn't have as much energy. By this point my heart rate had dropped noticeably and I was losing my balance. I was still "ok" enough but started to enjoy experience less and less. I put on some old 60's sci fi dvds on, which was cool. Fast forward 30 more minutes and I'm nodding CONSTANTLY. Only thing is that I couldn't stay conscious for more than 40 seconds at a time and whenever I'd "come back" I would do a quick gasp. Pretty certain my respirations were at approximate 5 a minute. As dumb as I had been all day with my drug intake, i woke up my wife (who had no idea any of this was going on) and told her I was having trouble breathing and wanted her to monitor me. I didn't want to admit right then and there that I had been taking OC's, so I told her I had just overdone it on Xanax and Alcohol. She put me in comfortable upright chair and sat next to me just about all night.

The reason I didn't want to call an ambulance or go to the emergency room is because I work at my local hospital and wanted to avoid losing my job even though I never ever take anything not prescribed for me while I'm at work.

Just wanted to check and see if you're OK. As stated before, 60 mg is a pretty moderate dose for a lot of us but you know yourself best. Call for help if you feel it necessary or call a friend to come sit with you.

You didn't mention in the first post you had been taking XANAX well. The combination of benzos, especially a powerful one like XANAX, and opiates can be deadly, for that exact reason. Respiratory depression. When I take benzos and opiates together, to be on the safe side, I take about ⅓ of my normal opiate dose to start off, and take more if I feel I must.

Man I would definitely try an obtain a narc overdose kit to keep around just in case of emergencies. They should be free. You can ask any of your friends who are prescribed pain killers if they can get a kit for you. Or you can ask your doctor.

Last edited: