• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Tips for growing a beard out?

There is sooooooo many videos on YouTube dude, to many too count. I promise if you can shave your head, which you can only see half of without using a mirror!!! You can shape up that beard bro, have some faith in yourself for gods sake man you have a beard now, you need to ooze confidence haha. Use the guard you used for your head to come into the sideburns, and pull off about mid-ear. Brush that face-bush and just start hitting the straggler hairs. You don't wanna remove any girth, just hover the clippers over it, and pay attention. Check YouTube out though for real, I'm subb'd to the "Beardbrand" videos. Your beard deserves your attention, not some stranger

2minuteSnoots said:
have some faith in yourself for gods sake man you have a beard now,

Fucking well said :D

I got a beard but its pretty short. I look too...homeless when I get too beardy. But I have a shortage of head hair, compensate by face tufting.

This is about where my beard is now although it's about an inch shorter and my facial hair is dark. I'm gonna make a barbershop appointment next month mostly to shorten up the sides. I'll probably have them take a little bit of the overall length off too but not too much.

geoff-cross-6.jpg

Last edited:
I sensed that sort of beard on you.

What's on your head? I used to have 'cool' hairstyles, had shaved head and a dreadlocks rattail, mohawks and all that shit but it stopped growing. Now I embrace basically skinhead styles. Beard and bald, pretty tried and tested look.

What you got beard ESP or something? :D As far as my head, I just shave it without any guide with my clippers. Saves a lot on haircuts and as you said I also like the bald with facial hair or beard look. I've never got up the guts to try to shave my head with a razor tho. I'd probably end up with a ton of nicks. lol Maybe when I go to the barber's I'll have him shave my head with a straight razor... We'll see.

Getting shaved by razor is incredibly intimate and rather white knuckle. I went to a great barber in France who didn't leave a nick. He barely spoke, was totally intimidating but the man could shave a skull.

Got a barber's appointment tomorrow. I don't think I'm gonna get my head shaved down to the skin this time. Probably just buzzer without a setting like I usually would. As far as the beard goes I'm gonna have them take the sides in and about 3/4 of an inch off the general length. Nothing fancy, but right now I kind of look like a hobo. I'd post a pic but I'm kind of paranoid about putting out personal info or pics on teh interwebz.

Last edited:
Well it went great. Really impressed with the barber. I'll probably be paying a visit every month or so.

hows the beard going? i think its been about a month since my last shave, dealing with the itchiness can be difficult but im determined to persevere until i have marxesque beard.