• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Hey opiates, FUCK YOU!!!

You're right. I would get 1 and that would turn into 50. Thank you for the encouragement! I really appreciate it

opiates made me feel the most complete and fulfilled as i ever have in my entire life..should have known they were to good too be true...they ended up robbing me of tons of money relationships, my soul, self esteeem...the worst isnt the initial 5-6 days of sickness, its the months of paws, the lingering anhedonia, lethargy, anxiety all mixed together..im lucky in that i didnt get cravings when i kicked but the anhedonia always drove me insane ad it lingers to this day!

How long have you been clean, belfort?

Physically I'm doing okay but my life is so fucked up right now, I can almost feel a relapse coming. I shall try my hardest

opiates made me feel the most complete and fulfilled as i ever have in my entire life..should have known they were to good too be true...they ended up robbing me of tons of money relationships, my soul, self esteeem...the worst isnt the initial 5-6 days of sickness, its the months of paws, the lingering anhedonia, lethargy, anxiety all mixed together..im lucky in that i didnt get cravings when i kicked but the anhedonia always drove me insane ad it lingers to this day!
Damn Bro, I know that one. Once the acute is over, the real work starts. That's what makes me worry that I'm going to lose this and slide back down into addiction.

How long have you been clean, belfort?

Physically I'm doing okay but my life is so fucked up right now, I can almost feel a relapse coming. I shall try my hardest

No man, don't give in. Just think how much crappier your life will be in a year from now if you do. They'll steal everything again, even things you don't realize you have. Don't let em. Fuck opiates!

What have you been doing to distract yourself? I mean, do have a hobby. Try to think about something that you would like to do.
It doesn't matter what is the thing. For me travelling is my thing. All the planning, choosing a place. It does not have to be far but I normally prefer to go by myself. And when I'm here I like to watch movies spend time with my youngest, etc.
You can paint, skydive, dance, date, run etc, etc. Find your thing and you'll feel better.

It's hard to think about good things to do when we have passed through opiates. It's seems as if you had to adapt to black and white when you had been living on color, high definition. It takes sometime for some of us to adapt and the quitting issue will becoming the easy part. I can relate to that, especially regarding relapses. There are some things I say and thoughts I have that turns a red light inside my head saying be careful you are not safe. Look around and see what's wrong.

I love music and have been playing guitar for about 20 years. I haven't picked up a guitar in 2 years. It seems that I have lost interest in everything I once loved.
I feel like I'm in a hole and have no interest in getting out. I'm soo lonely and depressed. I lost my job a month ago and can't find employment. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm lost.
I relapsed a week ago and have been talking a shit load of OxyContin. I feel like I can't be alone with my thoughts. I never sleep. I just sit there all night watching my perfect little boy sleep all night thinking about what a piece of shit I am for taking this poison while I have perfection sleeping right next to me. I don't want to live anymore:(

I love music and have been playing guitar for about 20 years. I haven't picked up a guitar in 2 years. It seems that I have lost interest in everything I once loved.
I feel like I'm in a hole and have no interest in getting out. I'm soo lonely and depressed. I lost my job a month ago and can't find employment. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm lost.
I relapsed a week ago and have been talking a shit load of OxyContin. I feel like I can't be alone with my thoughts. I never sleep. I just sit there all night watching my perfect little boy sleep all night thinking about what a piece of shit I am for taking this poison while I have perfection sleeping right next to me. I don't want to live anymore:(
I'm going through the same situation atm.. feel like asss.... But a trip over to the best of blue light subforum gave me some pretty good laughs.... This one dude said when on drugs he stole a fire extinguisher from his college, gassed a random girl and then if that wasn't punishment enough, he threw the extinguisher at her and ran....I don't know why I found that so funny bc ifs so random probably.... Lmao.....anyways I've done fuck all but aurf the net since I quit.... Who knows how long it may take for us to get better , but one sure thing is that it will get better..... Progressively.....today is my first day clean like super duper clean not even a tylenol 1..... If fu kin sucks!!!!!! But it's the wd making u feel this way not permanent nothing wrong with u....MOS IMPORTANTO THING TO REMEMBER....THE MIND FUCKERY OS AN ILLUSION MATE TO SUCK YOU BACK IN TO UNHEALTHY LIFE STYLE

Last edited:

I'm sorry you have been going through all of this painful side effects from trying to be sober. I have had pretty awful moments after I quit and I am not sure if life will ever be the same or even if I wanted that sort of life. This is all part of a very tricky and annoying process where you need to find the balance, the strength in yourself so that you can do things like trying to get back to your music, practice some exercises - regularly, eat well etc. I remember going through all of this and my body would not have the energy to follow simple advices like that. So, sometimes you have to be patient and take small steps.

I relapsed drinking beer in order to avoid the emptiness but the real challenge is getting back to where you were and start over. You are luck you have the music in you so that you can make something out of it. I'm trying not to fight with who I am anymore, I'm done with that. I had this idea that being sober and with time things would fall into the right places and all I had to do is wait. That can work for some people but you've got find what works for you? What was it that made you relapse. Dealing with cravings can be more simple when we realize that wish itself does not take so long, so you could try to live one hour at a time or even a moment at a time if it comes to that.

Things in general will improve when you stop using and when you start noticing the small benefits it brings you rather than focusing on what is not working has functioned for me. Life does get a little boring until you stop comparing how different you are and embrace your life as it is. The lack of energy is always present regardless if you are doing drugs or not - I suppose all of us have these bad and empty days. We just don't have the same experience as most people who are not addicts seems to have, I guess we need to find ways to fight with those feelings so while you do this you get stronger and prepared.

I do believe in life after sobriety. A different and twisted life but one that you can live with full of good and bad days. I trust we do become a better version of ourselves. Take it easy and believe this is possible.

Thanks, Erikmen. I appreciate the encouragement and kind words. I shall try and try again. This is no way to live

I really hope you find your own way in and make you path. You can do this!

Thanks, Erikmen. I appreciate the encouragement and kind words. I shall try and try again. This is no way to live

Good luck man. Go back and reread your OP. It was awesome, so heartfelt and SO true! I myself am tapering down from Oxy addiction as well.

I've cut back my use by 2/3 over the last couple of days as I just can't do CT! Try anything at all sub's, methadone anything to fight for your life and your son's life as well!

I'm rooting for us all, we are stronger than we know. No pill is taking me down.

I feel you man, I've been on the edge of losing everything (wife kids job friends etc) for like the last two years, barely holding it together, financially fucked..,,so yeah, hey Opiates, Fuck you from me too! I got clean for about 2 1/2 weeks two months ago, relapsed and ready to try again....currently on 9 grams of Kratom twice a day after a stupid month and a half methadone and oxy binge...going to hopefully taper this next week...we can do this!

Thank you, plum and roxi! I'm currently on day 3 of withdrawal. Physically it's not that bad this time but mentally it's fucking me up. I'm a zombie. Good luck to all!

Thank you, plum and roxi! I'm currently on day 3 of withdrawal. Physically it's not that bad this time but mentally it's fucking me up. I'm a zombie. Good luck to all!

The zombie effect is hard, I agree. We want to be pumped and happy because of our progress but our minds and bodies just haven't caught the message yet.

It's a war you're fighting for freedom, for your life, for your son. Be strong and repeatedly encourage yourself. You can be free and you will be!

Good luck!

It really is a mind war. I get extremely depressed and go to ridiculously dark places in my mind and of course it's on steroids when in opiate withdrawal. It feels like it will never end. I know in time it gets better but fuck me it's rough!
I also have to hide it from everyone so that makes it harder. It's nice to be able to communicate my bullshit with people who are going through the same thing. Thank you :)

The zombie effect is hard, I agree. We want to be pumped and happy because of our progress but our minds and bodies just haven't caught the message yet.

It's a war you're fighting for freedom, for your life, for your son. Be strong and repeatedly encourage yourself. You can be free and you will be!

Good luck!

Nicely put!
This war will soon be over and you'll be able to enjoy your freedom. It's feels really good!