Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD (300 μg) - Experienced(ish) - Psychedelic Bushcraft

Lacerda

Greenlighter
Early one June morning, my friends (let's call them N and B) and I hopped in the car and sped off for the mountains, armed with music, as much tasty food as we could carry, and some hare-brained idea of getting thoroughly lost on psychedelics as far away from civilisation as possible.
As far as I'm concerned, weekends don't begin much better than that!

The drive was a lot of fun ?€“ rural roads always are ?€“ fuelled by the best classic rock my iPod had to offer. We parked up at the top of a track leading into the forest park, laced up our trainers, and cut the acid (N and I dropped 300μg each, B about 200μg. For reference, this was more than any of us had done before, by about 100μg). We were all in good spirits!

13:30(T0)

After distributing the food, we set off at full tilt up the path into the mountains. Here I regretted how long it had been since I'd last been out hiking! The road quickly dropped out of sight behind us, to be replaced by rolling hills, lakes, and woodland. From here on in, it was just us, land, and sky. I felt thrilled. Having been exercising a lot more recently, it was a nice moment when I realised how much it was now paying off! We stopped at a stream to drink our fill from the water gushing over the rocks, and now I could really feel the acid working on me ?€“ never had water tasted so damn clear before! We left the path behind to scramble up and follow the crest of a ridge.

14:30(T1)

I suddenly realised we?€™d failed to account for the physical exertion factor on the duration of the come-up?€? Either that, or 300μg works its magic a lot faster than the slightly lower doses I was more accustomed to, because by now we were high! Clambering up a rather steep gulley on all fours, I felt like some kind of wild animal, navigating the landscape by feel. It was exhilarating, my mind was so entirely focussed on moving swiftly and efficiently, that all other thoughts fell away. We took a break ?€“ I realised I?€™d been bounding off ahead of the others, and was now panting heavily. After admiring the scenery and getting excited as the visuals started to make themselves apparent, we continued following the ridge, aiming for a large boulder in the distance which sat precariously overlooking the valley below. We didn?€™t speak much at this point, I think the intense elation of our hiking was as much as our brains could handle at once, though I do remember exclaiming ?€œHiking has never felt so damn good!?€ as I leapt between the rocks.

15:00(T1.5)

We got up to the boulder, dumped the packs, and gazed out across valley. It reminded me of a van Gogh painting, clouds swirling, hills rolling (literally), the whole scene breathing and shifting in time with my thoughts. At this point we remembered the bottles of fruit juice we had in our packs ?€“ I opened one, took a big swig, and gasped as the tastes exploded in whirling colours across my vision. I remember on my first acid trip, changes in music triggered shifts in colours of whatever I was looking at, but this was the first time I?€™d experienced true synæsthesia! We liked the look of the forest below and decided it would be fun to explore, so headed pretty much straight downhill, slithering and sliding and squelching through the long grass, eventually rolling and bouncing down to the fence at the edge of the woods. We hopped over (I say hopped, ?€˜flopped?€™ might be more accurate given the packs we were carrying, and my somewhat compromised distance perception and sense of balance) and followed our noses down into the pine trees.

15:30(T2)

By this point we were tripping hard. The trees grew closer together as we pushed deeper into the forest, and we had to keep checking we could actually still see each other. I soon lost all sense of direction (navigation on psychedelics is not a thing, especially when you can see nothing but pines), and I think B started getting anxious at this point. A shaft of sunlight caught my eye, a bright ray penetrating the green gloom, and as we approached I saw it was illuminating a single drop of clear resin clinging to the rough bark, like a diamond tear seeping from a woody wound. I was enthralled, moving around it and watching the light splinter into a million miniscule rainbows. Each of us slowed down here and just admired the infinite variation in textures of tree bark, moss, and pine needles, marvelling at the beauty in nature. I remember sitting down, following a root of the tree with my hand, and imagining that root continuing deep underground, a single strand in a massive network all intertwined with fungi and animals. I felt a lurch of vertigo as I visualised what was below me, as though I weren?€™t sitting on anything solid, but simply floating on a surface of pine needles, above an ocean of soil, burrows, roots, tunnels, and ordovician bedrock below. I was rudely pulled back to the present by the realisation that the flickers around my vision were not a side effect of LSD, but flies. We moved on.

Any normal notion of ?€˜hiking?€™ had by now completely disintegrated. We were just stumbling through the woods in a daze, in awe of the beauty of nature around us, but with a creeping suspicion that maybe this hadn?€™t been such a bright idea after all, wondering where we?€™d end up. (Rationally, we were absolutely fine, but as ever with acid, I think we got slightly anxious at the prospect of being lost in there indefinitely?€?) Soon though, we came upon a stream flowing through a clearing. This was something of a challenge, as the visuals were so strong by this point, and my depth perception so utterly warped, that despite the clear water I had no idea whether the stream was 0.1 or 1 metre deep! Eventually we found a log to clamber across, and soon enough bushwhacked our way up and out onto a track, feeling relieved at having found a point of reference again.

16:30(T3)

From up on the ridge earlier, we?€™d spotted an old stone hut down in the valley, so now we followed the track in the hope of arriving there and making it our shelter. The hut was nestled into the bottom of the hillside, surrounded by crumbling drystone walls, and a clump of trees which continued to follow a path up the mountain behind us. It was a relief to dump our packs as we arrived, the weightlessness felt wonderful! N, feeling the call of freedom, disappeared off across the valley, at the unfortunate moment two hikers came down the path on their way back to the road. They looked at us, me sprawled out with my tie-dye hoodie, B scribbling away in a notebook, and then out at N bounding across the landscape wearing nothing but underwear. B and I laughed as N spotted this intrusion into his carefree bliss ?€“ his movements transformed instantly from those of a bear gambolling across the land, to a man awkwardly wondering why he?€™s standing in the middle of nowhere wearing nothing but his underwear. But we could visibly see him thinking ?€˜Well, they?€™ve seen me now, may as well carry on!?€™ and off he went again. The hikers continued on their way (presumably somewhat perturbed) and we relaxed once more.

I retreated under a tree with my sleeping bag and headphones, and started listening to the Grateful Dead?€™s 1969 Live/Dead album. Jesus. I mean Holy Mary Mother of God. The closed eye visuals were like NOTHING I?€™d ever seen before! Listening to Dark Star, my consciousness fell out the back of my head and I was off on a roller coaster ride through the depths of my imagination?€? Trying to describe what I saw is entirely futile, so I?€™ll just say it was truly awesome, and by the time I came back to reality (two albums later), I had to lie under the tree for a while just to give myself time to settle back into my body (I?€™m almost certain that had I done this slightly earlier, I would have experienced ego death).

18:30(T5)

At this point we remembered we?€™d ideally need to survive the night, so we set about looking for a place to sleep. The inside of the hut seemed cold and uninviting to me, I wanted to be out under the sky. The flies started to get annoying again, but because B had stepped in a bog earlier, he was developing blisters and didn?€™t want to walk any further. After having several conversations in which we concluded that there was no conclusion to be made about the flies, I remembered that fire is a thing, and that it would solve all our problems! So we set about collecting firewood ?€“ not difficult, given all the logging debris of the nearby ex-forest. The physical exercise was invigorating, although expectations of what we could carry were somewhat unrealistic ?€“ we lifted up a tree trunk but decided it was too big; I apologised to the woodlice (feeling an affinity with all living things, as I always do on acid) but N reminded them ?€˜Not all change is bad!?€™ This cheered me up.

20:00(T6.5)

Feeling that the fire was burning nicely and we had enough firewood to last the night, I decided to make for a peak (after all, this had been one of my ?€“ admittedly optimistic ?€“ goals for the trip). I set off jogging up the logging track, and realised the sky was beginning to turn. I didn?€™t have long! A knoll jutted away from the mountainside, so I left the track and scrambled up to see the view from the top of it. This was really intense, and quite a different experience from our hiking earlier ?€“ now I was alone, with nothing but my music, and racing to get a view of the sunset. I leapt between the rocks dotted across the bog, heart pounding, a sense of urgency driven by the music. I could see shafts of light piercing through the clouds, illuminating the hillside across the valley in reds and golds. After a period when the top didn?€™t seem to get any closer no matter how quickly I moved, I finally pulled myself up onto a boulder, panting and sweating, and realised there was no more up! I turned towards the sunset and felt a great surge of emotion: the sun was just above the horizon, turning the sky into a fiery vista, just for me. A tear rolled down my cheek as I sat on my lonely rock, a speck on the landscape, taking it all in, in wide-eyed awe. The sun winked out of view, the colours of the sky cooled to pink, dark purple and blue, and I turned and began my journey back to the camp. Upon reaching the logging track, it seemed much steeper, and soon I was flying down it almost faster than my legs could keep up, in time to the beat of 1200 Micrograms. This was really magical, and as I shot down the track it occurred to me how lucky I was to actually be able to have this experience, flying on psychedelic drugs on a wave of elation and music, made possible by the best the 21st century had to offer in footwear and earwear!

22:00(T7.5)

Once back at camp, I took time to mentally regroup and calm down, and then snuggled into my sleeping bag under the tree. As the stars came out, we remembered (for the first time since leaving home) the reason we?€™d chosen this location to begin with ?€“ no light pollution meant beautifully clear skies! We thanked our past selves for deciding to come here, and lay there looking out at the universe. For the rest of the night we lay around the fire talking, about friendships, relationships, memories, and aspirations. I think the ?€˜connectedness?€™ so many people relate to on acid helped us to be totally honest, and sincere. It was wonderful. I really appreciate my friends.

03:30(T14)

Finally got to sleep at some point in the early hours, low flames glowing beside us, and stars twinkling through the branches above?€?

Woke up a few hours later to a bright day, feeling mentally refreshed and happy (if physically exhausted). This was definitely my favourite LSD trip to date ?€“ the set and setting could hardly have been better, we?€™re all enjoying our lives, the location was wonderful (this trip reaffirmed my belief that being in nature is by far the best way to trip ?€“ the wilder the better), and of course the company. Thank you :)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_spiritual
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator: