Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Films That Suck.

Smurfs the Lost Village 2017. This is a very bad smurf movie. It is a 3D digital animation produced by Sony Pictures and directed by Kelly Ashbury. The story is about Smurfette and the search for a lost Smurf village in the Forbidden Forest.

Everythign about the movie sucks. It looks cheap. The writing is bad. The artwork is bad. The plot is predictable. The gags are stupid. Unlike the original cartoons, it did not stick to medieval style devices and inventions but was full of modern electronic crap. This reminded me a lot of the horrid 1960s Flintstones cartoon.

Flintstones was set in the stone age but everybody had a TV made of horns and boulders. The smurfs in this modern movie were the same. They had computers made of insects. The voices were annoying. The music sucked. It was full of modern 2010s Hollywood cliches, tired phrases, and steorotypes. The characters were all somehow 'off.' They were badly done remakes of the original 1980s cartoon characters. Also, it went way too far with the Female Empowerment binge that Hollywood has been on the last few decades. I get the impression the writers were man-haters.

The animation is ghastly. The scenes were full of bright colors splattered everywhere. There was no art in the design. The original series Peyo art was excellent. Even the 3D design was twenty second rate. It looks like something a high school senior might have come up with in an art class. This especially shows in the river scene. The water renderign was amateurish. Toward the end of the river scene, you get the feeling they weren't even trying any more. The river turned into a series of shiny ropes floating in air.

Smurfs 2017 is no comparison to other 3D animated movies like Brave, Shrek, Toy Story, WalE, or even the Incredibles. It's so bad, it even makes "How to Tame a Dragon" look good.

If you liked the 1980s Smurfs cartoons, this movie will disappoint. It is poorly executed and does not compare.

Last edited:
^Still a better erotica than the trailer for 50 Shades of Grey

The Arrival
How can people say it's a smart sci fi movie on imdb is beyond me, I'm a huge sci fi fan and this is by far the worst first contact I've ever watched or read.

I Liked it but I was in the mood for an atmospheric movie, att and I liked it for that reason alone.

However I agree it definitely wasnt challenging in other terms but most box-offices arent.

Alien covenant sucked. I gave it 2 out of 10 stars, because only the scenes with Michael Fassbender / Walter and
Danny McBride / Tennessee were worth the $2 I spent on the ticket.

Alien covenant sucked. I gave it 2 out of 10 stars, because only the scenes with Michael Fassbender / Walter and
Danny McBride / Tennessee were worth the $2 I spent on the ticket.
Besides FAssbender and McBride characters, what else worked in the movie? What did you hate about it?

Did anyone actually like It Comes at Night? I couldn’t stand it. Just felt like nothing happened throughout the entire film and little was explained.

Atomic Blonde.

Haven't even seen it but the title, the trailer; are enough.

Did anyone actually like It Comes at Night? I couldn’t stand it. Just felt like nothing happened throughout the entire film and little was explained.

It has a few incredible scenes, but as an entire movie, it's definitely overrated. Worst case scenario... buy a plane ticket, cross an ocean, find a hooker. Problem solved.

Edit: LOL. For some reason I read "It comes at Night" as "It Follows". Unfortunately, I can't agree with you now. I thought It Comes at Night was one of the best horror films I've seen in years. "Nothing happening" was part of the point.