Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Films That Suck.

Trainspotting 2 2017 Like the first one, it's considered to be an excellent film. It will have a cult following. The director Danny Boyle did a lot of things right. The film did a good job of telling a story. Good acting. Authentic accents. But I hated it. I didn't like the story, or maybe I don't like the way the director tells the story (i like William burroughs and Bukowski work in a similar genre has been made into films). It's not my thing. The characters and their lives are dull. They are ordinary people doing ordinary things - to me at least. They have no goals, no ambition, no curiosity, no ideas, no drive to improve themselves or the lives of others. They have no insights or wisdom to offer the viewer, at least nothing much different from any ordinary conversation one might strike up with a random person. These are typical barflies, thugs, and grifters. They are zombies. Every thing about the characters lives is ugly. The film fails at making the viewer care about the characters. There is no beauty in the story. Even the sets and settings are ugly.. There is nothing majestic. The movie is as pointless as the hobby of the same name. In contrast, Burroughs and Bukowski captured beauty and majesty in the human condition. Why can't the creator of trainspotting deliver ? I couldn't finish. Also, what's with that director's obsession with male frontal nudity ?

Last edited:
John Wick 2 2017 Some movies should never have a sequel. It was awful, and I could not finish. It took two things from the first movie, the fighting and the weird assassin boutiques. The result was a movie that was nothing but a never ending fight. There was no plot, no mystery of who this guy is and why is he doing all this, character development, or dialogue. It failed in a similar way as Taken 2, Taken 3... Taken 5 or whatver number they are. In contrast to John Wick Number Two, the first movie, which came out a few years ago, was not bad because it had those elements.

I loved both Wicks. I honestly don't see how someone would like the first and not the second. Same director. Pretty much the same cast. Action sequel doing what made it's predecessor successful. I actually liked it better.

The mystery and learning about the character made the first film work. The second one didn’t have that.

The Arrival
How can people say it's a smart sci fi movie on imdb is beyond me, I'm a huge sci fi fan and this is by far the worst first contact I've ever watched or read.

^I think it was just called Arrival.

But I agree, the Chris Nolan type ending really disappointed after such a build up...

It's not just the ending, once they start revealing why the aliens are here the movie becomes idiotic.

I felt like that whole reveal was only the last 30 minutes though essentially.

I thought it really built up tension well up until that last half hour of disappointment.

I had high hope for it when I started to watch it, aliens show up, no Kneel before Zod, no Resistance is futile. But the hope quickly faded away. Even the design of the aliens was as unoriginal as it gets.

Life 2017 This is a low budget Alien ripoff. The biggest difference in the story is that the alien was found on Mars. t is named Alien McAlienface or something similar based on a poll of school children on earth. It starts out friendly, but something went wrong. Just like Alien, the thing gets loose on a ship, and the plot follows the same template as Alien, using many of the same scenes but with a different cast and set.

It was directed by Daniel Espinosa and the cast look like more famous actors. There is a philosophical Morgan Freeman double, someone who looks vaguely like Sigorney Weaver and plays the same take-charge heroine role she played, and a Val Kilmer double.The set looks cheap like something from MST 3000. The set to Aliens was beautiful. Although I didn't make it that far, I've learned that it relies heavily on jump scares, but that they were poorly executed. I recommend a good roller coaster or fun house if you like jump scares. I couldn't watch more than an hour of it. Don't bother downloading it.

IMDB rates it 6.8/10. I rate it 2/10.

Last edited:
^I saw Life at the dollar cinema two weeks back; fell asleep halfway through, and woke up to my friend saying "Get up dude, the movies over."

When the only actor I recognized' character got killed off in the first few minutes I think I just tuned out. It was the worst Alien clone ever. Unoriginal. The jump scares didn't even rouse me from my sleep :|

I saw the Fate of the Furious the other night...

Fate of the Furious 2017 is a rotten movie. It is a badly done remake of Maximum Overdrive (1986) meets Twit with the Dragon Tattoo combined with the generic CSI counter-terrorism television episode. it bears no resemblance to any of the previous 7 Fast and Furious episodes.

The cast was okay, but the writing was horrible. Vin Deisel and his street racing buddies was no longer a gear head/street racer but suddenly a Special Ops/CIA/NSA/Airborne Ranger/Secret Service agent with complete backstory that does not match any of the previous films. The film was set in the present, but nearly every car on the road was a self-driving car remotely controllable by the Empowered Female arch villain and her team of hackers who were equipped with computer technology, imaging technology, radar detection evasion technology, software, and computer operating systems that are from at least 50 years in the future. Even more mind boggling, she has a billion dollar, military-grade private version of a futuristic Air Force One. The writers the overdid the Female Empowerment trope. They had at least three butched-up females whose bodies were the size of typical girls yet they had the hand to hand fighting ability of a world champion heavy weight boxer like Mike Tyson or somebody. Vin Deisels car has the same super powers as the Bat Mobile except it looks like a normal car.

The fighting scenes were over-choreographed, nearly to the point of one of those sickening Chinese Wire-Fu films.

To add insult to injury, the film glorifies the theft of personal property (high performance cars) by American law enforcement under the unconstitutional RICO act.

Last edited:
The feeling was similar to how I felt after seeing Star Wars Phantom 1999 Menace. Just as I had like the first three Star Wars movies produced, I liked the first several Fast and Furious movies that had been produced. Now this Fate of the Furious as so horrible that it sort of ruins the earlier movies.

^Heh yes :!

The evil blonde white woman with dreadlocks!

I refuse to watch any of the new fast and furious movies after Paul Walker died, they just won't let the series end... all about that $$$

It went from people racing in LA, Tokyo... to fighting terrorism. Yeah ok

I only liked F&F Tokyo Drift. It was the only one without the other characters (aside from Han and a Vin Diesel cameo) and as such, easily outdid the rest by being relatively original 8)

Tell ya which film doesn't suck...

10 Cloverfield Lane

10-cloverfield-lane-doesnt-need-cloverfield-sequel-marketing-tricks-2016-review.jpg

10_Cloverfield_Lane_160216_.jpg

10-Cloverfield-Lane-9.jpg

10-cloverfield-lane-movie-wide-wallpaper-53239-54965-hd-wallpapers.jpg

I enjoyed that film v. much :D
I especially liked John Goodman's role, and pleasing to look at Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I used to have a bit of a crush on her... i maybe still do :eek: