Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Films That Suck.

I recognize that these were not good movies, but I still liked them. The inaccuracies in Requiem almost made it unwatchable. I cannot figure out why they let so much bad information get through. it made the writer and director look like morons. If I had written it, I would be ashamed to admit it.

Bullshit they weren't good movies. Apart from Requiem, those others were great movies.

"All 3 were very enjoyable. I liked them, everybody did. They were all very popular, but something was wrong with them. They were like the sugar rush from eating candy. They lack nutrition.

Pulp Fiction - Most overrated movie ever IMO

Princess Bride - The "comedy for people who don't like comedies" was not funny at all. I did not laugh once.

No Country for Old Men - I actually could not even finish it, and I always finish movies.

Last edited:
New Resident Evil, there is bad and there is this move.

Do you think if they had finished it earlier by a few minutes it would have been better? I enjoyed hearing what it was all about, going back to the hive, the flash backs etc but the ending :!

Spoilers
NSFW:
When she released the pathogen and she fell on the ground and the screen went black as she 'died' - movie should have ended. Then she came back to life and there are new monsters wtf, so it's not the final chapter.

It's not just the ending, it takes 4 camera shots to show one punch. I hate that in moves. The whole move feels half assed, plot is thin as a hair.
and yes the speed at which the cure spread locally was just plain stupid, not to mention collapsing undead on contact, convenience : level infinity

everyone is a fucking clone

Sandy Wexler 2017. Adam Sandler's acting ruined it. The character he was trying to portray was beyond his ability. I've seen him other movies, and he was good in those movies, but he really blew it in this one. I got the impression that he wasn't taking the role seriously.

The other actors were famous hollywood celeberties. The Fonz was in it. So was Arsenio Hall.

The directing was amateurish. The scenes were put together badly.

I really wanted to like this one. The premise was interesting, but neither the cast nor the director seemed to care about making something worth watching..

Last edited:
Split It features the same actor who played Xavier in XMen Apocalypse. That one actor ruined the film. That role was way out of his league. His voices and characters were painful to watch.

He also ruined Xmen Apocalypse. If somebody else had played Xavier, Xmen would have been OK. His Hollywood British accent was awful. I cringed every time he spoke in that accent. Send him to a voice coach or ban him from doing accents.

What is a 'Hollywood British accent'? You do know that James McAvoy is British, right? I mean, he's Scottish but that's still British.

^ he was pretty good in "Filth"...there were some funny scenes in that one

What is a 'Hollywood British accent'? You do know that James McAvoy is British, right? I mean, he's Scottish but that's still British.

The generic British accent Hollywood actors are trained to do. Nobody actually speaks like that
. It's a fictional accent cr3ated by Hollywood. It sounds vaguely like someone doing an impression of QE II. British or not, it didn't sound natural. There are 100s of unique British accents, and there was nothing natural in the accent he performed. It came across as an American new Yorker doing a john Wayne cowboy accent. No it was worse. He sounded like the kid in 9th grade who got into punk music and went around school trying to do a cockney accent. He's Scottish, and I assume his natural voice is Scottish.

In comparison, Captain Picard's accent and elocution are excellent. He is a far better actor.

Get Out 2017.
Anot her stinker that just came out. The plot is based on two gimmicks from Gilligans Island ePiso des. One was the time gilligan wandered off into the jungle and was captured by a mad scientist. The scientist hypnotised Gilligan with something shiny and got in his head and made him do foolish things. In another episode, Gilligan wad abducted by another mad scientist who had a device that transfered his personality into somebody else's body. Gilligan was Mary Ann or something like that. .
Only watch it if you are nostalgic for Gilligans Island reruns.

Last edited:
The generic British accent Hollywood actors are trained to do. British or not, it didn't sound natural. There are 100s of unique British accents, and there was nothing natural in the accent he performed. It came across as an American new Yorker doing a john Wayne cowboy accent. No it was worse. He sounded like the kid in 9th grade who got into punk music and went around school trying to do a cockney accent. He's Scottish, and I assume his natural voice is Scottish.
he was playing a character with multiple personalities so talking about this accent (singular) seems odd.

he's from glasgow and his regular speaking voice sounds like pretty standard middle-class west coast scotland. i grew up in edinburgh, went to uni. in glasgow and lived in london for some time and, to me, the accent he uses when playing the 'main' kevin character sounded perfectly natural.

alasdair

The Kevin character accent was good. He does a good American accent. It was some of the secondary characters that didn't work for me. I saw that movie 20 movies ago , and it's not fresh in my mind.

It's possible he's (Macavoy)a good actor who just ended up in a bad movie. When a good actor is cast in a bad movie, the actor can end up looking bad. Split happened to be the first movie I've seen him do. It sort of ruined him for me.

The screenplay and directing of Split were both crappy. Maybe its not even his fault in Split. It's totally possible a rotten director can make a good cast look bad.

Split was a bad movie on multiple levels. It makes the mentally ill look bad. Is it a crime drama? What's with the 24th character and his super powers? The minute I decided it was not a crime drama but a horror film, the writer comes up with some science fiction crap. It trivializes abduction and rape. The twist at the end was a cheap trick. I want the 2 hours of my life I spent watching it back. The movie is a second rate exploitation piece.

The director/writer himself looks like he's jumped the shark. M. Night shyamalan also created the bad sci-fi flick After Earth, in which he made will Smith and his son look bad; and more recently, the downright gross The Visit. I will avoid anything by that director in the future.

Tldr: Shyamalan sucks.

His xavier accent in Logan of x-men bothered me. If only he had used a different voice, he would have been ok. Patrick Stewart came across as natural. Maybe being beside someone as talented as Stewart highlighted Macavoy's flaws.

Last edited:
Albion the Enchanted Stallion I found another bad movie that I wanted to complain about. The target audience is probably twelve and under. It is rotten compared to other movies in the genre, classics like Dark Chrystal, the Last Starfighter, the Never Ending Story, the Last Mimzy, How to Tame Your Dragon, or Brave.

It's a magic hero's quest/coming of age kind of story. It's about a socially awkward twelve year old stable girl who is carried off to the Land of Magic by a magic horse. The first fifteen minutes were promising. It sets up the story so you want to see what happens to the main character, the stable girl. The girls who own the horses bully her. Her father has a terminal illness. Then her boss makes her come in to work on Christmas because the horses need to be cared for every day, after all, and he will fire her if she doesn't show up.

She arrives bright and early and finds a strange horse, already saddled and unattended next to the stable. She cannot resist the temptation to ride him. She gets on, and the horse runs wild and carries her off to the Land of Magic. Soon after that, things start to go wrong with the production of the story.

The guide character is a ripoff of Princess Medina from Brave, except the Albion princess character isn't nearly as good. Her brother blunders into a scene, and he's annoying. I wanted him to go away. The sets and costumes looked cheap. The art sucked. The villain was a cheap copy of Baron Harkonan from Dune, complete with extreme obesity and boils. He was more skillful at being gross looking than he was at projecting a sense of evil.

No review of a bad movie would be complete without pointing out the problems with the accents. yes, it was a children's film, but even kids can pick up on something done so badly. every character from the kingdom, including siblings and parents had vastly different accents The Princess Medina clone had the accent from the movie Brave, something Scottish sounding. Her mother talked like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle or maybe she had a Romanian accent. Other characters had vaguely English sounding accents, all variations of the fictitious Hollywood British Accent I wrote about above. I'm upset that I wasted my bandwidth downloading it.

Last edited:
Since the target audience for Albion was children, I needed something similar to compare it to. I was trying to say the Dark Crystal was excellent examples of the genre and the age group. Even with the Muppets, it was a really good children's movie. The others in that list were good examples too. They set the Gold Standard, and Albion did not hold up. I take it you didn't like Dark Chrystal.
^Oh god, Dark Crystal... Terrible! :p

The Autopsy of Jane Doe 2017 Bad bad bad. Bad directing and bad writing. It starts out like a crime drama, then spooky things start happening and you have no idea what is going on. Did her murderer break into the building to stop the autopsy before the coroner uncovers some clue that would reveal his identity? After a few more minutes, you realize it's actually a horror film. From there, the plot and action just kind of drag along, and by the time you're half way into it, you realize it's not even a good horror film. Nothing exciting or interesting happens. It's just gimmicks recycled from 1000s of earlier horror movies. Any 9th grade student who has seen a few horror films could write a better screenplay. It's just a run of the mill low budget movie. I couldn't even finish watching it.

Last edited:
^No, and I didn't like Labyrinth either. They're movies a lot of the women I've known have liked, and I'll never quite understand it.

I liked Labyrinth too. How old were you when you saw them? Is it that you didn't like them or did you think they were bad movies? It's been a long time since I saw it, but I remember the Dark Crystal as being a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Saw both at 16, saw Labyrinth many more times due to my girlfriend and her weird friends. I guess I hate puppets. Honestly don't remember much about Dark Crystal since it was so long ago, but I find Labyrinth to be a legitimately poor movie. It was as if it was all one big excuse for David Bowie to put a balloon in his pants and wave his bulge to and fro.