Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Films That Suck.

Oh and Inception was "high concept" sci fi for unimaginative people who've never read a fucking book in their life.

Very true. It also felt like it was purposely made more difficult to watch because someone realized the concept was simplistic.

"" Inception was truly awful. Anybody who has ever daydreamed has probably thought up the same story line by the time they were 12.

redleaderRequiem for a Dream - I don't understand why drug-enthusiasts love this movie. Not only is it inaccurate, but it is boring and just dreary. I like depressing films and this movie was the wrong kind of depressing.

Pulp Fiction - Most overrated movie ever IMO

Princess Bride - The "comedy for people who don't like comedies" was not funny at all. I did not laugh once.

No Country for Old Men - I actually could not even finish it, and I always finish movies.
I recognize that these were not good movies, but I still liked them. The inaccuracies in Requiem almost made it unwatchable. I cannot figure out why they let so much bad information get through. it made the writer and director look like morons. If I had written it, I would be ashamed to admit it.

Last edited:
I only saw requiem for a dream for the first time a few years ago and honestly? Second hand embarrassment. Not a fan of Aronofsky at all, he's all style over substance for sure. I mean, come on, The Fountain was essentially 'Wolverine and the Space Tree'

Didn't Jared Leto get his arm amputated with a Skil saw in "Requiem"? After that scene I was like wtf am I watching, talk about sensationalism

Films that suck: definition: any film that is so painful that I cannot even stand having it on in the background with teh volume turned down while I do something else.

I've discovered several this week alone and the others are films I'm still upset about having wasted my time watching years ago :

21 grams
Dancer in the Dark
Crash
Salton Sea
Colors upriver
Primer
Most thigns Leo: diCaprio has done since the Titanic, except Revenant was ok.
Most of the (Bat/Spider/Super/Iron/X)-Mans
Starwars after return of the Jedi except for the last one which Disney took over and made it watchable
most of the star treks including the new ones
after earth
under the skin
men in black 3
the prestige
frequencies
Leperchaun, which somebody already mentioned
Troll, which somebody already mentioned
Tender Hearts and Clarinets
Shawn of the Dead
children of men
48 hours later
trainspotting
In Bruges
Basic Instinct
The Martian
Air supply or whatever it was called: it had the guy from Walking Dead
insurgent
Divergengt. all of them; a mixup of hunger games and maze runner
that horrible south african film with the aliens and the blond girl with the gutter punk mullet. It was a lot like divergent
the 5th wave
tomorrowland
infini
ender's game. the first 2 books in the series were excellent but the movie was excruciating
Hunger Games
Maze Runner 2
Dungeons and Dragons the movie
vicgtor frankenstein
survivalist. I wanted that guy to die the whole time
Independence Day
Train D
Zoolander 2
Me Before You
Crouching blank Hidden blank, and all Wire-Fu
Amelie
San Andreas
Terminator 5. It was like watching grandpa doing kareoki to "Bad to the Bone"
Bone Tomahawk
Taken 2 and Taken 3, The first one was ok.
birdman
the new willie wonka, the one with jonnie depp
the libertine
girl with the dragon tattoo - for starters, the gratuitous use of apple products and the main character doing anything to have them. The product placement was offensive in the book and the film. the author does not seem to realize that Linux machines are what hackers prefer. then of course the main character falls in love with the author
twilight saga

All of these films were unbearably bad. I did not make it to the end of most of them. Science fiction is the most abused genre. Many are so pointless they aren't even mst3k material. I will add to the list so you all can add them to your filter and avoid wasting your time with them.
LOL, The Martian was horseshit.

Films that suck: definition: any film that is so painful that I cannot even stand having it on in the background with teh volume turned down while I do something else.

I've discovered several this week alone and the others are films I'm still upset about having wasted my time watching years ago :

21 grams
Dancer in the Dark
Crash
Salton Sea
Colors upriver
Primer
Most thigns Leo: diCaprio has done since the Titanic, except Revenant was ok.
Most of the (Bat/Spider/Super/Iron/X)-Mans
Starwars after return of the Jedi except for the last one which Disney took over and made it watchable
most of the star treks including the new ones
after earth
under the skin
men in black 3
the prestige
frequencies
Leperchaun, which somebody already mentioned
Troll, which somebody already mentioned
Tender Hearts and Clarinets
Shawn of the Dead
children of men
48 hours later
trainspotting
In Bruges
Basic Instinct
The Martian
Air supply or whatever it was called: it had the guy from Walking Dead
insurgent
Divergengt. all of them; a mixup of hunger games and maze runner
that horrible south african film with the aliens and the blond girl with the gutter punk mullet. It was a lot like divergent
the 5th wave
tomorrowland
infini
ender's game. the first 2 books in the series were excellent but the movie was excruciating
Hunger Games
Maze Runner 2
Dungeons and Dragons the movie
vicgtor frankenstein
survivalist. I wanted that guy to die the whole time
Independence Day
Train D
Zoolander 2
Me Before You
Crouching blank Hidden blank, and all Wire-Fu
Amelie
San Andreas
Terminator 5. It was like watching grandpa doing kareoki to "Bad to the Bone"
Bone Tomahawk
Taken 2 and Taken 3, The first one was ok.
birdman
the new willie wonka, the one with jonnie depp
the libertine
girl with the dragon tattoo - for starters, the gratuitous use of apple products and the main character doing anything to have them. The product placement was offensive in the book and the film. the author does not seem to realize that Linux machines are what hackers prefer. then of course the main character falls in love with the author
twilight saga

All of these films were unbearably bad. I did not make it to the end of most of them. Science fiction is the most abused genre. Many are so pointless they aren't even mst3k material. I will add to the list so you all can add them to your filter and avoid wasting your time with them.

Didn't Jared Leto get his arm amputated with a Skil saw in "Requiem"? After that scene I was like wtf am I watching, talk about sensationalism
This and didn't their pupils get big when they banged some heroin??

This and didn't their pupils get big when they banged some heroin??
Yes. That's why I couldn't figure out what drugs they were taking. Their eyes looked like coke but they kept saying it was dope. Very confusing and bad writing/directing. That director, Durwood Aronovsky is indeed all flash and cheap tricks. He has no substance.

haha Taken 2 and 3...every time I would see those films in the store I'd refer to them as "the Re-Takening"

tagline : "THEY'VE BEEN TAKEN...AGAIN!"

There's only one context in which Inception is a good film...watching it immediately after watching Interstellar. Interstellar was much worse. If I ever met Nolan, I would temporarily step out of my peaceful and loving character and punch him in the face.

^His first film, Following, was really good; otherwise a very overrated director...

Interstellar would have been fine if it had stopped when he was going into the black hole, what came after that was unbelievably shit and hokey and it ruined the rest of the film.

I also quite liked following but otherwise Nolan is a hack

I wouldn't defend many of Nolan's films as being particularly good, but surely he has to be given some credit for Memento. I haven't seen Following, but I thought Memento was really good.

I somehow always forget about Memento even existing as a film, but you're right it does deserve some credit. You should watch Following, I need to again. It really nails the creepy factor.

I have added it to my to-watch movies list. I might watch it later tonight, if I don't manage to stream Silence.

Whilst I am here I might as well mention Arrival. I thought it was really shit, which is a shame as I had somewhat high expectations.

Following is nice and short, only an hour fifteen if I'm not mistaken; I'd argue a better film than Memento. I remember I took a film class in college and we watched Memento because the teach said it was the first major film that had an out of order plot that you had to reconnect so to speak... had the dude not seen two of Quentin Tarantino's films which came prior to Memento, aka Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, both of which had out of order plots and scenarios??? That was when I realized I knew a bit more about film than the guy trying to teach us about it and stopped attending the class as often lol.

iBoy 2017. This netflix film uses the same plot gimmick as the 1969 Disney comedy The Computer that wore Tennis Shoes featuring Kurt Russell, Cesar Romero, Joe Flynn and others.,. Just like the Disney classic, after an accident, a boy winds up with a computer in his brain and has super computational powers. I'm 30 minutes in, and it's bad enough that I can't pay attention. Still not sure if it has the potential to be fun or if it will just end up being unwatchable.

^His first film, Following, was really good; otherwise a very overrated director...
Thanks for mentioning this film! I found it on Netflix and I am very impressed ;) Nice plot twist 10 minutes in,lol.

Girl on the Train 2016 It's bad. I watched it for about a half an hour before I had to sop it. There was nothing about it to make it watchable.

Girl on the Train 2016 It's bad. I watched it for about a half an hour before I had to sop it. There was nothing about it to make it watchable.

It's awful - I really didn't know the story behind it and thought it was a murder / thriller type of thing.

Jack Reacher - Never go back. It's just awful

Split It features the same actor who played Xavier in XMen Apocalypse. That one actor ruined the film. That role was way out of his league. His voices and characters were painful to watch.

He also ruined Xmen Apocalypse. If somebody else had played Xavier, Xmen would have been OK. His Hollywood British accent was awful. I cringed every time he spoke in that accent. Send him to a voice coach or ban him from doing accents.

Last edited: