Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Films That Suck.

Sausage Party - I do not understand who this was aimed at? It's just not funny, the dialogue is dreadful (every single sentence contains at least 2 fucks) and the joke about food having sex just gets very dull and very quickly.

You beat me to it. Sausage Party was so bad I couldn't stand to have it on in the background while I cleaned my flat. I started watching it because I imagined it would be about funny college party disasters. I admit that when I was 6 years old, I thought the idea of foood sex was funny: putting a sausage into a bun, stuffing a muffin, etc, but it's not funny any more.

Warcraft. God awful rubbish.
High Rise. Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Irons and Sienna Miller. Based on a book. Idea was interesting and the book could be worth a read. Stopped two thirds through. Disappointed. Crap.
Jonah Hex. Horrible.
Gravity. Travesty

Sausage Party - I do not understand who this was aimed at? It's just not funny, the dialogue is dreadful (every single sentence contains at least 2 fucks) and the joke about food having sex just gets very dull and very quickly.
Oh god yes... Saw it stoned the week it came out, in a packed theater where I had to squeeze next to a luckily not fat person. Very few laughs were had. I don't think even a 16 year old boy could appreciate it.

Another recent one that I thought was awful was

Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children - I had read the books and was really looking forward to watching it at the cinema but it was a complete let down. My partner hadn't read the books and he also thought it was rubbish as it is very childish for the PG13 rating.

I'm just waiting for 'Girl with all the gifts' to arrive as I read that book this year also and really enjoyed that.

Yeah, same, I started watching it at home and within 30 mins I had turned it off and moved on to doing something else. It's rated 6.5/10 on imdb, even though I only watched a small part of it, the way it was going I would have only given it a 2/10

Star Trek 2016. Fratboy Kirk and the other crew lookalikes are distracting. Not that I can get past that, but if I could, it lacks the cutting edge sci-fi and psychological/philosophical ideas some of the old ones had. It's like watching yet another Batman remake but with spaceships instead of spider webs.

Also, the alien speaking the Game of Thrones language (same accent, phonemes, rhythm) was a low point. I don't appreciate being ecpected to read subtitles to a made up language. One or two sentences for dramatic effect is OK, but as usual, they overdid it. I multitask and find this to be unbearable.

It was written to appeal to the most generic audience possible, so plot lines and dialogue are dumbed down in favor of never-ending car/space ship chases, explosions.

it's not worth the bandwidth that it will take you to download it.

Last edited:
'Gravity' was a huge disappointment for a movie/budget with so much potential imo.

^just a constant, "Is Sandra Bullock dead yet" trip. For fucks sake couldn't even pay attention. They shoulda all died in the first hit life woulda been easier.

Good Will Hunting. I just couldn't get into it at all.

Arrival

Basically its just a bunch of close ups of Amy Adam's facial expressions, the story was dull, majority of film is whispered, just boring.

Hell or high water. I thought it would be good, but it was just pretty cinematography, and a lame plot.

I agree. Someone actually recommended to me...

Troll 2 is indeed amazingly bad, I might have seen that on my only DOC trip.

Swiss Army man: quite liked that one.

@ superhero movies: I find half pretty entertaining but without any fanboy appreciations, the other half I don't like so much... but these DC comics movies esp those recent ones were really terrible in my opinion..

^Dude I don't get it. I would rate Hell or High Water as one of the best movies I've seen all year... To each their own I guess.

the only problem i had with Hell or High Water was how clumsy and lazy some of the writing was. I fucking hate when movies beat you over the head with a political message. Even if its a message I agree with, it takes me out of the film. If that's what you want to do, fine...but show a little restraint. Look at something like The Revenant.

I mean, maybe it's because I've spent most of my life in Texas... but Hell or High Water is spot on in portraying the western part of the state. Maybe I'm just a sucker. It roped me in. I've never seen better acting out of Chris Pine. Jeff Bridges was top notch too... oh well.