Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Films That Suck.

Being how this is subjective, and in opinion only, here goes:

Any comic book movie
Most remakes
Just about anything with Tom Cruise (Legend being the exception)
Anything with Ben Stiller
Anything with Keanu Reeves
Anything with Matt or Damon Affleck
No Country For Old Men
Any of the Hangovers, or anything with Zach Galifianakis for that matter
Anything with rap as its soundtrack
Anything with Martin Lawrence
And anything with:
Russel Crowe
Christian Bale
Melissa McCarthy
Jonah Hill
Seth Rogan
Will Ferrell
David Spade
Adam Sandler
Chris Farley
Colin Farrell
The new "Star Wars"

I'll add Michael Cera and Jesse Eisenberg, Vince Vaughn, Ben Affleck, Gwyneth Paltrow, Megan Fox and Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie, Stallone and Will Smith to that list. Hahahahaha =D=D=D=D=D=D

I watched Gladiator recently Crowe was subpar. It made Joaquin Phoenix look good.

Polished predictable Oscar Hollywood shit.
Omg, I hate that shit!
Very Bad Things
rotflmao!!!---Kyle Fisher (Jon Favreau) heads to Las Vegas for a bachelor party with four friends. When one of them accidentally kills a hired stripper and a security guard finds the body, unstable Boyd (Christian Slater) kills the guard to keep him from calling the cops, then organizes the group to dispose of the corpses. Back home, Kyle is troubled and has difficulty hiding his worries from his fiancée (Cameron Diaz). Meanwhile, to ensure his own safety, Boyd begins killing the others.
Leprechaun.
Haha, oh hell no! -----Dan O'Grady (Shay Duffin) steals 100 gold coins from a leprechaun (Warwick Davis) while on vacation in Ireland. The leprechaun follows him home, but Dan locks the murderous midget in a crate, held at bay by a four-leaf clover. Ten years later, J.D. Redding (John Sanderford) and his daughter, Tory (Jennifer Aniston), rent O'Grady's property for the summer. When their new neighbors accidentally release the leprechaun, he goes on a murderous rampage to reclaim his gold.
I'll add Michael Cera and Jesse Eisenberg, Vince Vaughn, Ben Affleck, Gwyneth Paltrow, Megan Fox and Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie, Stallone and Will Smith to that list. Hahahahaha
I watched Gladiator recently Crowe was subpar. It made Joaquin Phoenix look good.
Yeah, those are some shit-fuck actors. I did enjoy the wedding crashers however ;)

Films that suck: definition: any film that is so painful that I cannot even stand having it on in the background with teh volume turned down while I do something else.

I've discovered several this week alone and the others are films I'm still upset about having wasted my time watching years ago :

21 grams
Dancer in the Dark
Crash
Salton Sea
Colors upriver
Primer
Most thigns Leo: diCaprio has done since the Titanic, except Revenant was ok.
Most of the (Bat/Spider/Super/Iron/X)-Mans
Starwars after return of the Jedi except for the last one which Disney took over and made it watchable
most of the star treks including the new ones
after earth
under the skin
men in black 3
the prestige
frequencies
Leperchaun, which somebody already mentioned
Troll, which somebody already mentioned
Tender Hearts and Clarinets
Shawn of the Dead
children of men
48 hours later
trainspotting
In Bruges
Basic Instinct
The Martian
Air supply or whatever it was called: it had the guy from Walking Dead
insurgent
Divergengt. all of them; a mixup of hunger games and maze runner
that horrible south african film with the aliens and the blond girl with the gutter punk mullet. It was a lot like divergent
the 5th wave
tomorrowland
infini
ender's game. the first 2 books in the series were excellent but the movie was excruciating
Hunger Games
Maze Runner 2
Dungeons and Dragons the movie
vicgtor frankenstein
survivalist. I wanted that guy to die the whole time
Independence Day
Train D
Zoolander 2
Me Before You
Crouching blank Hidden blank, and all Wire-Fu
Amelie
San Andreas
Terminator 5. It was like watching grandpa doing kareoki to "Bad to the Bone"
Bone Tomahawk
Taken 2 and Taken 3, The first one was ok.
birdman
the new willie wonka, the one with jonnie depp
the libertine
girl with the dragon tattoo - for starters, the gratuitous use of apple products and the main character doing anything to have them. The product placement was offensive in the book and the film. the author does not seem to realize that Linux machines are what hackers prefer. then of course the main character falls in love with the author
twilight saga

All of these films were unbearably bad. I did not make it to the end of most of them. Science fiction is the most abused genre. Many are so pointless they aren't even mst3k material. I will add to the list so you all can add them to your filter and avoid wasting your time with them.

Last edited:
It Follows

This movie was rotten. The writing sucked and the directing was dull. The scariest thing about this movie is that it got excellent reviews. Reviewers are stupid.

Inception... tried watching it yesterday. Utter drivel.

I will add to the list so you all can add them to your filter and avoid wasting your time with them.
we definitely have very different taste in movies.

if i had taken your advice and avoided movies like 21 grams, dancer in the dark, the salton sea, primer, shaun of the dead, in bruges and trainspotting i'd have missed out on some great movies.

Tender Hearts and Clarinets
lol. do you mean kind hearts and coronets?

the 'ealing comedies' are absolutely classics. maybe you have to be british to appreciate them?

what are your 5 favourite movies?

alasdair

we definitely have very different taste in movies.

if i had taken your advice and avoided movies like 21 grams, dancer in the dark, the salton sea, primer, shaun of the dead, in bruges and trainspotting i'd have missed out on some great movies.

lol. do you mean kind hearts and coronets?

the 'ealing comedies' are absolutely classics. maybe you have to be british to appreciate them?

what are your 5 favourite movies?

alasdair
I'm going to retract Kind Hearts and Coronets from my list because it's not the one I was thinking of. The one I hated was a musical about a parade or something. I've seen Kind hearts but I cannot remember anything about it. Now Im curious and I will watch it again.

British humor never clicked with me. I've watched Monty Python movies - they were OK, but I never loved them the way a lot of people do. I had a gf who watched every britcom aired on PBS in the US. A few were OK and had some funny jokes sometimes, but I could not stand half of them for 5 minutes. Best of the Summer Wine and the sitcom about the little kids, (the boy had curly dark hair and the sister blond,) who could not stop talking were the least tolerable. My xgf talked me into sitting through an entire episode and it gave me nightmares. I was trapped in a room with those little kids and they would not shut up.

I didn't like Trainspotting because I couldn't figure the plot. I didn't care for the characters or the decisions they made. They seemed to be very ordinary and were not interesting and only seemed to plod along.

The guy from In Bruges was kind of annoying. he kept apologizing for being American and had other bad habits. Belgium is a weird country and I don't like movies about it.

I'll make a list of my 5 favorites in another thread. My favorite when I was a little kid was Dark Chrystal. I also like some Woody Allen films, but a lot of people hate Woody Allen.

Adding to the list:

Amsterdammed

Last edited:
Batman vs Superman. I mean obvs, but really, what kind of audio-visual crud was that? How embarrassing.

Air (2015) was supposed to be truly rubbish, but I enjoyed it. I've always really liked post-apocalyptic stuff though.

i liked 21 Grams, Crash, and Birdman. i complained about Birdman here but i don't consider it a bad movie.

I am pretty sure Narcopolis sucks but i didn't make it past the 20 minute mark, same with The Zero Theorem. The Zero Theorem was disappointing because i thought it had so much potential. I thought Pi(π) was complete shit, also don't understand why so many people liked the Terrence Malick film The Tree of Life.

Maggie's Plan (2015) - 5 minutes into it and I feel like I'm 4 hours into a flight sitting next to a crying baby. In one of the first scenes during a dialoge, a main character, a professor, was mumbling and the sound quality was extremely poor. I could not hear him. So I turn up the volume. In the very next scene, the professor made disgusting lip smacking, chewing, and finger sucking sounds eating a piece of red cake, but still, I could not understand what he was saying. Lip smacking, chewing with mouth open, and finger sucking sounds are 3 pet peeves.

I fast forwarded it a few minutes ahead and landed in another scene The same character was eating and smacking his lips yet again. This film is a form of torture and nobody should watch it.

edit:

Popstar never stop stopping I gave up after 15 minutes. Up to this point, it is nothing but unrelated 10 second clips spliced together.

Narcopolis looks bad. I wouldn't bother with it.

Last edited:
Let me look through my RedBox list of failures:

The Boy - I figured out the twist less than 15 minutes into the movie. Rendered the rest of the movie entirely pointless, and the ending was stupid.

Search Party - This Hangover rip-off makes The Boy look like The Sixth Sense.

The 5th Wave - It's 2016 and we're still doing the "power of love conquers all" bullshit? Really?!

The Funhouse Massacre - It's as if someone is making movies in their basement and sneaking them into RedBoxes, because RedBox is riddled with shit like this. I guess RedBox said, "Fuck it, we killed Blockbuster. You know those movies that we've been holding onto that had a budget of $36.00 and two packs of Trident Layers? Yeah, let's fill our boxes with those. It'll be hilarious!"

socko said:
trainspotting

lol take it back!
-----------------

Birdemic is the worst movie ever made, it's actually so bad it's good. Extremely amateur acting, obvious and poorly rendered CGI, superimposed bird animations (that you could probably find online if you looked for them), and a lackluster plot are only a few of the many faults of this film. The way I see it, a bunch amateur film students got together, wrote a plot, and tried their best to make it look professional before it was published, and failed hard. Was this made in Movie Maker? Maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEokEOezF7o

It's been a bad weekend for movie picks. I am warning everyone so they don't waste their time or money watching these third rate productions.

Swiss Army Man. Another unwatchable movie that I stopped half way through. I sat down to eat a plate of chicken and gravy and they bring out a farting corpse. It was too vulgar. I tried again later. The "life lessons" were childish.

Ghost busters 2016. It is bad. The cast sucks. The jokes suck. No plot. It just plods along for.2 hours. I made 8t 29 minutes. truly awful . The worst blockbuster of the year by far. The original Ghostbusters (1984) was good.

Hard Core Henry. It looks like a movie of a FPS video game. It's more fun to look over somebody's shoulder as the play xbox than to watch this waste of bandwidth.

ARQ WTF is the point of bothering to produce this? It was simply awful. I hope the producers lost money on this one. I would be ashamed to have my name on the credits. The cast sucked. The acting was bad. And the plot is unusable. it is a sci-fi film with one of the most overused plots in the genre. A group of characters gets stuck in a time loop, and they try to figure out how to get out. Even though their memories are wiped at the beginning of each loop, they eventually deja vu and then figure out how to send their future selves a message with clues on how to escape. They fi Everybody has already done this. Off the top of my head, each of the Star Trek series ahs done it. So has X-files. And Star gate. Ground Hog day famously did it too. At least Ground Hog Day was actually good.

Chappie : OMG, the 5th one this weekend. This one might as well be called "Robocop 7" or whatever number it's up to. Casting sucks, acting sucks, hackneyed plot, crappy cinematography. I hate it and I hope everybody dies. I hope it bankrupts the studio that filmed it.

I want to know who gave these films high ratings on netflix.

I could't relate to the characters in trainspotting. That's the main reason I didn't like it.

Lights Out 2016 This twenty second rate piece of trash has made its way up to the top ratings of Netflix. It's stupid, predictable, not scary, and relies heavily on "jump" tricks (loud noise and sudden looming change of scene) to startle rather than truly frighten. It's a standard scared of the dark plot any 5 year old kid could think of. The storyline has been made into films hundreds of times before.

Last edited:
Sausage Party - I do not understand who this was aimed at? It's just not funny, the dialogue is dreadful (every single sentence contains at least 2 fucks) and the joke about food having sex just gets very dull and very quickly.