• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis) (unknown substance in bindweed/five vines)

Streetcow

Bluelighter
intro: While bindweed is usually considered noxious weed in america and Canada (where I live) Im more weary about marking off plants as nothing and non recreational but thats not what got me interested in bindweed what got me interested is a dream I had where I was eating brugmansia flowers from the backyard (no brugmansia plant yet) and I instantly got up and checked out side (the dream was this vivid) and there it was bindweed and the flower looked so similar to brugmansia that I did research and figured out it came from the nightshade family and had similar active chemicals to brugmansia (the bindweed chemicals are pseudotropine, and lesser amounts of tropine, tropinone, and meso-cuscohygrine but there are also other alkaloids steroids (like full on regular steroids used illegally hard to believe but its true some specific examples are: campesterol,stigmasterol,sitosterol (beta and alpha) ect
) and it intrigued me further so I picked the vines dried some and made the rest chewable and here we are (this five full grown vines I ate raw)

report: (0:00) not feeling anything slight irritated feeling in back of the throat
(0:10) sudden jolts of what felt like energy in veins, slightly sedated and feeling quite nice
(0:20) mild photosensitivity, sedation, periods of distorted vision and slightly movement impaired, also mild euphoria
(0:50) mildly big photosensitivity, sedation, mild disassociation, periods of distorted vision, perception of time of time altered EXTREMELY (10 minutes felt like 3) mild euphoria

this lasted for about 3 more hours before it faded the next day I had a slight headache that resolved itself within the hour

conclusion: bindweed is definitely psychoactive you may be shouting placebo but I have attempted this experiment multiple times and have had the same results also in some of my other experiments I would like to note sometimes rarely I would have periods of uncontrollable laughter, nausea,and loss of feeling in limbs for seconds (related to the energy jolts just stronger and more anesthetic like) I would appreciate any similar reports (or any reports at all) from using of bindweed I hope this was eye opening

-streetcow

Hello

Well Iv been smoking dried leaves (mixed with some flowers and stem) from the bindweed and seem to have same effects each time

(sedative, photosensitivity (light is soooooo much brighter to the point where it can hurt at times and your eyes feel blissful in the dark), mild disassociation (I think that may just be placebo I'm gonna need more research because from what I can tell its mechanism of action shouldn't do that), lethargy,and when smoked a head rush but less strong than amphetamines when Done through IV or when smoked)

the only other thing iv noticed so far is a reasonable urge to redose after having a small ziplock bags worth of the dried leaves other than that no side effects and such (I did feel a slight throbbing in the head but nothing more and only once)

and its felt pretty good very relaxing and the hangover only seems to be moderate and short lasting headaches

-Streetcow

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_convolvulusarvensis
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehm are you 16? Nice report anyway

hello bingey

no im not 16 I can assure you that I'm over the age of 18

while it may seem that way (due to what I'm talking about)

im actually an intermediate chemist developing research chemicals for the general public and I'm also a recovering heroin addict

I feel due to the amount of people on the site it would be good to do research here and to help with people on the site

I hope you will welcome me with open arms and help me to find safe research chemicals that can be made available to the general public and help to get everyone fucked up :)

also thank you for the compliment on the trio report I encourage you to try this yourself and submit one it would greatly help my research

thank you and have a nice day!

-Streetcow

Welcome to the site man , the most interesting place for you would be the advanced and neurochemical boards. Then there is the dark side if you need help with stuff pertaining to the heroin addiction you just beat (good luck with that).

Do try to be careful with the advice you give , unless you're compound s are thoroughly tested it might be considered reckless by some staff members to give users of bluelight the advice to give it a shot.

Welcome to the site man , the most interesting place for you would be the advanced and neurochemical boards. Then there is the dark side if you need help with stuff pertaining to the heroin addiction you just beat (good luck with that).

Do try to be careful with the advice you give , unless you're compound s are thoroughly tested it might be considered reckless by some staff members to give users of bluelight the advice to give it a shot.

hello again bingey

thank you very much with about 3 months clean I feel great and have more respect for the drug world

it's also taught me very valuable lessons on how to use drugs safely and responsibility so nowadays any drugs I use I'm careful about abuse using to much and my overall health

in terms of recommendations I only recommend the Kratom to Winro because it has helped me enormously my apology's if I came off as reckless next time I will be more careful

for my ethylbenzene research I have clearly stated the risks (even though how low and rare they are) and im hoping to get some good research in with it

for the bindweed I have mostly used myself as a Guinea pig in testing and have seen no negative results not to say that other would have different reactions but I don't think anyone will have a different reaction since Iv read people eat it in poor country's all the time

of course in the event of someone experiencing a adverse reaction from something I have recommended I will take full responsibility and leave the site but I do carefully state warnings and risks when I post and sacrifices are needed in the name of science

my goal is to provide safe and inexpensive research chemicals for the general public and to provide my insight to those who need it

thank you for the recommendation and I will definitely be checking out the boards

also if you can taking part in my research would be very appreciated!!! Not to mention you may find something you like I'm always looking for new information pertain to projects I have started

thanks and have a good day!

-Streetcow

Ok, so I had never heard of bindweed so I looked it up. Looks like this is a morning glory (or related) plant. The main active chemical in morning glory (especially the seeds) is LSA, a precursor of LSD.

I've never used morning glory, but I have used Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, which also contains LSA.

Next time, try collecting the seeds, curing/drying them, and taking those. Google it before you do it to get a good idea of proper dosage (I've never used morning glory as I mentioned so I can't really comment on dosage - but I've had a good long trip with just a dozen HBWR seeds, although I hear they are more potent than morning glory).

Ok, so I had never heard of bindweed so I looked it up. Looks like this is a morning glory (or related) plant. The main active chemical in morning glory (especially the seeds) is LSA, a precursor of LSD.

I've never used morning glory, but I have used Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, which also contains LSA.

Next time, try collecting the seeds, curing/drying them, and taking those. Google it before you do it to get a good idea of proper dosage (I've never used morning glory as I mentioned so I can't really comment on dosage - but I've had a good long trip with just a dozen HBWR seeds, although I hear they are more potent than morning glory).

This isn't about LSA

LSA has nothing to do with the tropanes in bindweed but good thought anyway

-Streetcow

Nice report Streetcow. Thanks for trailblazing and gathering info. I have not found any posts that I thought I would here at BL that claimed bindweed had LSA's. Not sure why I thought that. I may have mixed feelings on tropanes. But your experience is very interesting and may open up doors. And who knows, I may gather some and make an attempt myself, after more people try it and survive. :D

Nice report Streetcow. Thanks for trailblazing and gathering info. I have not found any posts that I thought I would here at BL that claimed bindweed had LSA's. Not sure why I thought that. I may have mixed feelings on tropanes. But your experience is very interesting and may open up doors. And who knows, I may gather some and make an attempt myself, after more people try it and survive. :D

Thanks again jackaroe!

yeah I'm hoping also so far no one except my party friends and me have tried it and they thought it wasn't right for them because it was more relaxing than stimulating so I'm hoping to get more people interested

also everyone who's tried it among me has lived don't worry

in terms of Lsa it's not uncommon to think so since bindweed is a subspecies of morning glory

and Tropanes are actually very common considering cocaine is a Tropane that altogether put's them on the map

-Streetcow

Last edited:
Hello Streetcow

I see that this is an older thread, but your experimentation has inspired me to try a species of bindweed in my area. Calystegia sepium. If you're interested, I'll give you a report afterwards!

Actually, LSA isn't a precursor of LSD, it's just related in that it's also a lysergamide. Morning glory and hawaiian baby woodrose actually contain multiple lysergamides related to LSD.